Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Millionaire

10,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I'm just wondering why is it considered Sexist if a Man wants to have a men's only club or establishment or a support group but its perfectly ok for women to have their own. When a woman wants to join a men's only club, society likes to pressure the Men's only club or establishment to conform and change to become gender neutral. However if a MAN wants to join a Women's only Club, that man would be lucky if he doesn't become a registered sex offender.

Why is it sexist if a Man wants to have their own personal space, but if a woman wants one its perfectly ok.

For the record, I am a WOMAN, but if we are striving for equality, why cant men have their own personal spaces and support groups?

Timid Combatant

13,690 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
s**t, it still bugs me that you've almost got my last name.
Where do you see this sexism at? We have a gentlemen's club close to where I live and its basically a stripclub for men. No girls go in there unless they are stripping.

Wheezing Rare

8,975 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Timid 100
If it's ok for women, I think it should be OK for men too.

Men like to spend time in their man caves as much as women like to spend in theirs.

Like there's guys' night where all the guy friends go out for a night or two.

= v =

Blessed Explorer

6,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
xiatara
Where do you see this sexism at? We have a gentlemen's club close to where I live and its basically a stripclub for men. No girls go in there unless they are stripping.

I think they mean something like a men's fraternal organisation, women aren't actively banned from strip clubs.

I think that men and women are entitled to spaces where the other sex is not allowed.

Fluff Fairy

8,650 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
Men clubs exist everywhere lmao. I don't think their sexist, they just don't want to be around women.

Lavish Loiterer

disney butts
Men clubs exist everywhere lmao. I don't think their sexist, they just don't want to be around women.
just bigger man caves for men to retreat to.
Oh god... neutral

Girl-Crazy Bloodsucker

Theres already millions of "male only" clubs in the world.
They are not some rare obscure thing.
Did you just not know this or....

Can we please stop with this "men are so oppressed because women have x or do x!!" threads? Because...no.

Stacie LaVelle
. However if a MAN wants to join a Women's only Club, that man would be lucky if he doesn't become a registered sex offender.

neutral
neutral
neutral
neutral
This thread was a waste of my time.

Dapper Ladykiller

You mean like fraternities and sororities? Cause I've never heard of them having this problem.

Invisible Lunatic

A club? No. There are women's only gyms. It's the same principle.

gaia_spoons

Benevolent Smoker

Why would a women even want to go into a mens only club anyway.

Dapper Gawker

8,900 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Morgenna
xiatara

I think they mean something like a men's fraternal organisation, women aren't actively banned from strip clubs.

I think that men and women are entitled to spaces where the other sex is not allowed.

Actually a lot of strip clubs won't let women in because they're concerned about women looking for boyfriends/husbands and causing a scene.

Blessed Explorer

6,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
[.Ichigo-Chan.]
Morgenna
xiatara

Actually a lot of strip clubs won't let women in because they're concerned about women looking for boyfriends/husbands and causing a scene.

Weird, I've never had a problem getting in, or getting a lap dance ^_^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces