Welcome to Gaia! ::

C 4 r t 0 0 n M u f f i n
Contagious Cure
And Contagious Cure; everyone calls a Christian posting a forum about their opinion 'shoving their beliefs down everyone's throat', so not calling this that would just be biased.

So if one person says something stupid, you have to also say something stupid to balance it out and not be biased? I don't think you understand the meaning of the word 'biased'.
Biased means favoring one side over the other, right?

If someone were to say that someone saying something forceful in defense of their beliefs was wrong, then would they not be biased if they didn't say that someone on the opposing side of the argument saying something forceful in defense of their beliefs was also wrong?

I could be way off base, but wouldn't saying that someone was wrong for forcing Christianity on say, atheists, but forcing atheism on Christians was just fine be biased?

Then again, those are two extremes..but extremes seem to be most prevalent in examples. owo

There's the issue. You've got the the definition wrong. To merely favour one side over the other is just having a preference. Being biased is specifically a partiality that prevents objective consideration of an issue or situation. Just contradicting idiocy with idiocy frankly doesn't make you unbiased.
proper_conciete
Contagious Cure
proper_conciete
Archangel_Of_War
Huh? O.o I think if someone had found scientific proof that God didn't exist, it would be all over the place.
But really, you can believe whatever you wanna believe, like you said it's your 'opinion'
If you don't wanna believe that God exists and that he's bad then go right ahead, it's not gonna hurt me just don't try putting it down my throat and we'll all be just fine. ^^
I'd say that scientific proof about God not existing would be a load of BS. Kind of like everything in evolution making perfect sense. I would love it if someone could logically tell me how a creature would survive once it was exactly between the stages of what it was and what it evolved into..like some sort of flying reptile eventually evolving into a bird; the lung structures are quite different and somewhere in the middle of the two changes, they would -logically- not be able to function at all. So it perplexes me and no one has ever explained it to me.

lol
agreed.
reminded me of the kiwi bird for some odd reason.
how DID it "evolve" to have no wings?

Because when all your prey is on the ground, the wings become unnecessary so ineffective wings no longer affect the survivability of their offspring. Having long wings when you live on the forest floor is also bad for survival.

Just because YOU don't get it doesn't make it ridiculous.

i didn't say it was rediculous mad

You didn't need to, you were quite obviously mocking the concept and implying that it doesn't make sense talk2hand
Actually you're wrong there is so evidence for or against gods and goddesses.
Also christians are not the only ones who believe in a god, so it seems you are just trying to piss them off, ergo you really don't know what you're talking about you just want to make christians mad.

Also no I do not believe gods or goddesses are real at all, as far as I'm concerned the whole idea of them is man-made and nothing more.
Hm, this is hard to discuss, in my opinion. Many of my friends are Christian, and I, am athiest based on what I was brought up to believe. I'm still not sure what my religion is, but not Christian.

I have found that Christians just basicly say, There is only one belief, and it is Christianity(Mormon, Catholism) And there is only one God. I don't like that.

I also find it offending that in The Pledge Of Alligance in the U.S.A, it says, One Nation, Under God. That pisses me off.

I do find the creator of this topic rude though, and she should be warned by an NPC to say that.......Also, like everyone else is saying, he issn't real...and he is bad??

~Gummy

Bashful Bloodsucker

8,375 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Signature Look 250
I see. That's funny. Every definition I've ever seen of the word biased has been exactly what I said it was; favoring one side or one opinion over another. Preference is defined as the greater liking of something. Ah, well, whatever works. I'll have to look into it more.

I still think that if someone says that a thread like this in a forceful defense of Christianity is wrong, then posting a thread forcefully condemning Christianity should be considered wrong as well.

And something about the way the opening post was worded did make it seem that way. Ah, well. Time to do more important things with my life than get into another debate about religion. owo

Bashful Bloodsucker

8,375 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Signature Look 250
Contagious Cure

You didn't need to, you were quite obviously mocking the concept and implying that it doesn't make sense talk2hand
I just want to know how a creature would survive between it's different stages. Because when you try to mix the way a reptile's lungs are and the way the lungs of a bird are, it just doesn't make sense how a creature would survive for any length of time like that. And if someone would explain it to me, I might actually make a bit more sense out of evolution.
Minotauris
Nope! he isn't! plus he is bad... in my opinion. but there is proof he isn't real. ha, christains!

I love you. XD
Contagious Cure

I just want to know how a creature would survive between it's different stages. Because when you try to mix the way a reptile's lungs are and the way the lungs of a bird are, it just doesn't make sense how a creature would survive for any length of time like that. And if someone would explain it to me, I might actually make a bit more sense out of evolution.
You're thinking of it in the wrong way. Yes, popular scientific theory have it that the evolutionary ancestors of modern birds are dinosaurs and other prehistoric reptilians. But birds did not evolve from the type of reptiles you see today. Besides the fact that many suspect some species dinosaurs weren't even completely cold-blooded, you're not tracing the evolutionary past, you're just looking at one modern specimen and trying to see how it came from another modern specimen, which is outright fallacious to put it bluntly.

But I see what you're getting at, perhaps this can enlarge your perspective: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lung_fish

Bashful Bloodsucker

8,375 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Signature Look 250
Contagious Cure
Contagious Cure

You're thinking of it in the wrong way. Yes, popular scientific theory have it that the evolutionary ancestors of modern birds are dinosaurs and other prehistoric reptilians. But birds did not evolve from the type of reptiles you see today. Besides the fact that many suspect some species dinosaurs weren't even completely cold-blooded, you're not tracing the evolutionary past, you're just looking at one modern specimen and trying to see how it came from another modern specimen, which is outright fallacious to put it bluntly.

But I see what you're getting at, perhaps this can enlarge your perspective: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lung_fish
I'll read that. Thank you very much. ^^

8,075 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Clambake 200
Contagious Cure
proper_conciete
Contagious Cure
proper_conciete
Archangel_Of_War
Huh? O.o I think if someone had found scientific proof that God didn't exist, it would be all over the place.
But really, you can believe whatever you wanna believe, like you said it's your 'opinion'
If you don't wanna believe that God exists and that he's bad then go right ahead, it's not gonna hurt me just don't try putting it down my throat and we'll all be just fine. ^^
I'd say that scientific proof about God not existing would be a load of BS. Kind of like everything in evolution making perfect sense. I would love it if someone could logically tell me how a creature would survive once it was exactly between the stages of what it was and what it evolved into..like some sort of flying reptile eventually evolving into a bird; the lung structures are quite different and somewhere in the middle of the two changes, they would -logically- not be able to function at all. So it perplexes me and no one has ever explained it to me.

lol
agreed.

Because when all your prey is on the ground, the wings become unnecessary so ineffective wings no longer affect the survivability of their offspring. Having long wings when you live on the forest floor is also bad for survival.

no i wasnt
of all honesty, i really wasn't
im sorry if it seemed like that to you.
but it was just curiosity biggrin

and its not always nice to assume things mrgreen

8,075 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Clambake 200
White Gummy Bear
Hm, this is hard to discuss, in my opinion. Many of my friends are Christian, and I, am athiest based on what I was brought up to believe. I'm still not sure what my religion is, but not Christian.

I have found that Christians just basicly say, There is only one belief, and it is Christianity(Mormon, Catholism) And there is only one God. I don't like that.

I also find it offending that in The Pledge Of Alligance in the U.S.A, it says, One Nation, Under God. That pisses me off.

I do find the creator of this topic rude though, and she should be warned by an NPC to say that.......Also, like everyone else is saying, he issn't real...and he is bad??

~Gummy

if that line in the Pledge of Alligence bothers you so much, then don't say it.
its that easy
mrgreen
proper_conciete
Contagious Cure
proper_conciete
Contagious Cure
proper_conciete

lol
agreed.

no i wasnt

I wasn't trying to be nice.

8,075 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Clambake 200
wow.
narrow-minded people really bother me eek

8,075 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Clambake 200
Contagious Cure
proper_conciete
Contagious Cure
proper_conciete
Contagious Cure
proper_conciete

lol
agreed.

no i wasnt

I wasn't trying to be nice.

wow. now that i think about it.
that was horrible word choice on my part. im sorry
but it really bothers me when people assume things.
No, god isn't real

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces