Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Star

7,825 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I have an aunt that enshrines her college years in her memory as the best years ever forever. She swoons and is almost religious about it.

When I was getting ready for college she tried to convince me that i needed to go and do what she did to have happiness in my life. She partied and partied some more and slept with a long string of boyfriends. Never had a job that even remotely relates to her degree.

I find it terribly sad neutral

Don't expect college to be like what you see in the movies, no matter what college it is.

College is mostly about learning.

I have read there are parties, though.

In real life college is about earning a degree for a job you want, so again... don't expect the movies.

Sparkly Duck

9s73
College is mostly about learning.

There are parties.

FTFY. You can find the movie stuff if you have the social drive.
College its self for me had been crap. I've been going for six years now. however my life hasn't been crappy. yeah last year wad tough on all battle fronts but it isn't bad. Just remember life is what u make it out to be. if it seems like its lacking try figuring out what's needed to make it better.

Lonely Partier

7,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Millionaire 200
College is what you make it. Period. But life after college is in your hands as well. You have the choice to make it great or not. I'm personally looking forward to graduating from college.
University has been shitty for me. It has definitely not been a fun time. I have had 0 social life for the past 4 years. All I do is school work and be stressed all the time. I haven't had time to play video games in years. It's been a bad time. I've never even been to a party. Though my roommate does go to parties.
I'm in my 4th year now, and it's definitely been a toss up. My first couple years, taking those beginner classes and exploring the campus/city and meeting people, it was all fresh and exciting despite being homesick (and some inevitable heartbreak, live and learn I guess lol).

I had some pretty poor rooming situations that led to severe sleep deprivation and emotional distress. My grades were so poor I was dismissed from uni till I got my sh*t back together. Did a year at a community college and hovered near a 4.0 the entire time.

This is my first year back...honestly, I'm very over the college 'experience'. I feel like I've made all the use I can from it and am highly anticipating getting my own place, settling down, being financially secure. College can be stressful because everything is so up in the air, people usually aren't sure where they're going with their lives or if they're making the right choices, and there are some expensive mistakes.

Overall I think it's important to persevere, just keep pushing through and try to incorporate some breaks and happy moments to cherish along the way. You may be struggling now, but at the end of it, you'll be so amazed and proud of yourself for making it to the end, so you can pursue what you want vocationally.

(Maybe I'm just a boring person, but I'd like to be a 30-something with a wife and a couple dogs and just a stable job. I don't think I need much to be happy. College just sucks because it's a transition and life feels unstable.)
d3ukahng
I'm in my 4th year now, and it's definitely been a toss up. My first couple years, taking those beginner classes and exploring the campus/city and meeting people, it was all fresh and exciting despite being homesick (and some inevitable heartbreak, live and learn I guess lol).

I had some pretty poor rooming situations that led to severe sleep deprivation and emotional distress. My grades were so poor I was dismissed from uni till I got my sh*t back together. Did a year at a community college and hovered near a 4.0 the entire time.

This is my first year back...honestly, I'm very over the college 'experience'. I feel like I've made all the use I can from it and am highly anticipating getting my own place, settling down, being financially secure. College can be stressful because everything is so up in the air, people usually aren't sure where they're going with their lives or if they're making the right choices, and there are some expensive mistakes.

Overall I think it's important to persevere, just keep pushing through and try to incorporate some breaks and happy moments to cherish along the way. You may be struggling now, but at the end of it, you'll be so amazed and proud of yourself for making it to the end, so you can pursue what you want vocationally.

(Maybe I'm just a boring person, but I'd like to be a 30-something with a wife and a couple dogs and just a stable job. I don't think I need much to be happy. College just sucks because it's a transition and life feels unstable.)
Yeah same here! I think for me also its the transition thing thats what stresses me out so much. I am not into the whole rebel, find yourself, youthful scene haha. I just want to have a good job and a family too and I don't think i'll be happy until I get there.
I made the best of it. I did an internship every year. My first internship was at Disney and it lasted for 7 months so my freshmen year was exciting. By my sophomore year I had transferred to another University and out of state on top of that so that was exciting, plus I met my boyfriend of 2 years now. Again, internships. They were paid, gave me experience and kept me busy most of the time. Senior year so far has been rather hectic. I am still doing an internship throughout the semester and balancing that with my thesis is very hectic.

I'm graduating this year, I'd say I utilized my time in college in a very productive way. I never did anything crazy to be honest. Not particularly interested in that. I don't feel lame about it either, though I do wish I would have opened up to people more. I feel like I've made few friends but the ones I've made are friends I hope to always be in contact with or visit in the future, wherever they'll be.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff