Welcome to Gaia! ::

Salmenella
Gonecrazy12345
Yorkshire Chaps
Gonecrazy12345
Salmenella
Gonecrazy12345

Guys "worth her time" aka losers who can't get other women.
Or guys who don't automatically assume that she has slept with a lot of people just because of how she gets money or guys who don't care how many people she has slept with because they like her for her and will overlook that crap because they want to be with her.

Good luck finding decently attractive men to be that introspective lol

You're being a douchebag. Normally, you at least use logic, but here you're just being shallow and generalizing.

Someone's occupation doesn't define them. There are tons of open-minded mature guys out there. Physical attractiveness isn't related to the topic at hand at all.

Lol.

Someones occupation doesn't define them? That's easy for us to say when we're young. When we get older I bet our perspective will change on that. When you get older, I'm sure you'll notice lots of women will either be turned off or turned on depending on your occupation and how successful you are.

You're into psychology and you said you want to get a PHD, perhaps get an MD and become a psychiatrist is a possibility for you as well? If so, you have an opportunity to make lots of money, and if you do then you'll have lots of women wanting to be with you for the very reason that they want to be with you precisely because of your occupation and how much money you make.

Your occupation does define you especially as a man. For women, it doesn't really matter unless you're something that's taboo. Guys usually just care about what the woman looks like without clothes on.
As Yorkshire said, you usually actually think and use logic. You generalizing and assuming the worst out of both men and women while being shallow yourself in the matter.

Maybe when it comes to relationships you can't use logic because you are bitter yourself. Would explain it.

Generalizing =/= not using logic.

Generalizations can be accurate or inaccurate, meaning they can be used logically or sometimes used illogically. The fact that I'm making generalizations doesn't in and of itself mean that I'm failing to use logic.

You can think my generalization is too broad and therefore is illogical or too vague to explain reality, that's fine. But it's important to point out that a generalization in and of itself doesn't mean that it's illogical.

But see the fallacy in your thinking and many others is that you add a value judgment into the mix that I don't. You say that I "assume the worst" of males and females. But that's your value judgment, not mine. So it's illogical to come to the conclusion just from that premise that I'm bitter about myself and relationships. Because you're assuming that I agree with your perspective that what I'm spouting is the worst of the sex's.

I don't think women dating men for the sake of how much money they make/their career is a bad thing. I also don't think men dating women for the sake of their appearance is a bad thing. To me it's just the way things are. It would be like someone criticizing eagles for killing innocent animals. An eagle is just the way an eagle is because it evolved to be that way. I think the same thing is true with humans.

There's always been a bigger cost for women when it comes to bearing children, and for that reason I think it's logical and a good economical choice for them to pursue males who are socially successful and financially successful. It makes sense for men to be attracted to beautiful women because that's a sign of fertility and health.

To me the behavior and generalizations I'm ascribing to men and women are not bad things, to me it's just the way nature operates.

What annoys me is the fact that people are perfectly willing to assign biological explanations to behavior when it comes to other animals, but they aren't willing to do the same with humans. No no no, with humans we all have to pretend that humans really do put most of their value on "true love" the idea that we really care about a person's personality first and foremost. I simply deny that explanation and think it's incorrect and naive.

I also don't think you explanation that I'm bitter and that's why I hold these opinions is an actual explanation, rather it seems like it's ad hoc speculation. It can't predict anything, also like I said your conclusion is built off of a non sequitur. This is basically your argument:

1. Gonecrazy says and believes X
2. I interpret X as a pessimistic and bitter opinion
3. Therefore Gonecrazy must be bitter to hold that opinion.

The problem with that argument is like I said before, you may interpret what I say as being bitter and pessimistic, but that doesn't mean that I do. So your argument and speculative claim about me being "bitter" and that explains why I say the things I do is not a complete argument and it contains a hole in it.

Ruthless Prophet

8,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
Webcam model as in web stripper? Don't try and recolor it, it just makes it sadder and obvious that you're self conciouss about it. You take off your clothes for money online, ain't nothing wrong with that. Probably good money involved. But seriously just tell them bluntly what you do and ask if that'll be a problem. Maybe it will and maybe it won't, you never know.

Seriously though, "webcam model"? That's ******** sad, at least have the gall to say you're a stripper.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
I guess whenever you two start talking about what you do for money. It's not that big of a deal honestly. I don't know why people try to make it out to be one.
if he doen't like it he doesn't like it. if he wants to be with you he'll be fine with it or get over it. hiding it would be the part about it thats wrong, no? you gota get paper anyway you can nowadays, it's not like youre a prostitute and how many people you've slept with seems irrelevant
I wouldn't make it sound forced; if it's not part of the conversation, it's not part of the conversation. If s/he mentions what they do for a living, mention what you do too. If you feel like you're nervous about explaining to them what you do, but you want them to know, explain it to them in a manner which acknowledges that you you're interested in them romantically, and you don't want to keep anything between you two.
Salmenella
Gonecrazy12345

I think making that distinction is appropriate, but other people may not see much of a difference.

I mean I know you're a webcam model and I don't think that's as taboo as a stripper (even though technically speaking they're the exact same thing) but can you imagine most men being interested in dating a stripper even if she hasn't slept with a lot of guys? Probably not, they probably would be turned off by the mere fact that she's a stripper, the amount of guys she sleeps with doesn't really seem to matter if she's a stripper.
Guys worth her time won't care. My cousin has dated a stripper. She danced to pay her way through nursing school. Once she graduated she quit dancing.

In fact, every stripper and cam girl I know are in committed relationships.

I have a few friends who are strippers and have boyfriends, same thing, they'll probably quit when they're done with school..
Digital Fiend
I guess whenever you two start talking about what you do for money. It's not that big of a deal honestly. I don't know why people try to make it out to be one.

I've mentioned I have multiple jobs, my main one being photography
Dr Monday
Webcam model as in web stripper? Don't try and recolor it, it just makes it sadder and obvious that you're self conciouss about it. You take off your clothes for money online, ain't nothing wrong with that. Probably good money involved. But seriously just tell them bluntly what you do and ask if that'll be a problem. Maybe it will and maybe it won't, you never know.

Seriously though, "webcam model"? That's ******** sad, at least have the gall to say you're a stripper.

There is never 'stripping' involved. I have only one guy that asks for stripping.

I do a lot of yelling at dudes on camera (a lot of you ******** are really into that), like that whole 'dominatrix thing'. Clothes stay on.

And then the typical 'feet' thing where they just want to look at my toes for 10 minutes.

But yes, webcam model, is the politically correct term for what I do.
Definitely tell them. It would be way worse if they found out later, and you would have wasted your time as well as theirs.

Receiver

I think they'd find that hot

15,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Better to tell him before he finds out on his own, I guess.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Ghosty Pie
Digital Fiend

I've mentioned I have multiple jobs, my main one being photography

List them all. Nothing to hide.

Dapper Darling

10,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Pnyuu
I think they'd find that hot

Agreed. It could be fun haha
Everyone has baggage and I don't think you need to open all of yours at the very beginning of a relationship. If things seem like they're becoming serious, tell him then so he knows if that's something he can accept or not.

MrMephist0's Waifu

Fashionable Lunatic

Yeah, I'd go with being straight up about it.

I'm actually considering becoming a camgirl myself.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff