Welcome to Gaia! ::

mavericgirl141
I'ts okay to not be attracted to someone but to say that they are disgustung goes waaay beyond that. It makes you seem incredibly shallow. You can still be fat and a good person. Besides I know a lot of people who really struggle with their weight and would like to be smaller but i dont think its easy.
I'm not going to tip toe around the bush, I will say that I am a little shallow. I try to be the best boyfriend I can be, I care about her as much as I could... but when it comes to first attraction, I am rather shallow.

And if you people are wondering, yes, I am a twig.
theyearofglad
No, I think fat people are disgusting, too. It's okay, unless they are heavy because of a medical condition. Genetics, however, is NOT an excuse to be fat. My mother and 15-year-old brother both weigh upwards of 250lbs, and I'm 5'7" and have never weighed over 120 lbs. So if I can overcome genetics, so can everybody else. Being overweight is a CHOICE, conscious or unconscious. It's unhealthy, sure, but people still do it. It's kinda like smoking: an unhealthy choice. Many people think smokers are disgusting, so why can't people think fat people are disgusting? It especially grosses me out when they're eating...ughhh. Talk about wasted resources. If all fat people only ate as many calories per day as they needed to maintain a healthy weight, there would be no (or at least far less) world hunger, because there would be more FOOD to go around. That in itself is pretty disgusting, no?

Well said.

Sparkly Lunatic

14,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Object of Affection 150
I find no reason to hate/like a person based on their physical appearance... now if they are a jerk, rude or mean to me, I'll hate them till the cows come home..

All in all I'm more concerned about what I'M doing to worry about the weight of other people.
BLlNDingLIGHT
I do not obey my darkness

All alone they turns to stone
Holding the breath back again

User Image

I think you are shallow.

User Image
5k/45k

Terrified of whats inside
To save their life
They crawl like a worm from a bird

My darkness obeys me
Better than getting into a relationship with a girl I don't find attractive and lying to them.
It's not wrong, it's not right either.
Just what works for you.
I personally don't think so much about them, they're fat and that's all.
Why care? neutral
mavericgirl141
Weignt is very HARD to control. I should know. I was on the cross country team freshman year and i lost 30 pounds, I started eating better too. As soon as I stoped I gained it all back. eventhought I never eat. I usually ony have dinner.( who wants to get up at 6:30 to make breakfast, and luchcosts money) Theres no reason why I shouldn't loose weight some days I only eat 1000 caloriess but I dont.

There is actually a very good reason why one meal a day will make you gain/retain weight. When you don't eat for long stints of time your body goes into a state where it tries to save your fat cells. That is why its actually healthier to eat a lot of tiny meals throughout the day rather than one or two big meals.

Not saying that is your particular situation, just some food for thought. (Sorry, that was a really bad play on words. >.< wink

3,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
20 Shades of Crazy
undercitykitty
Yeah and KKK no big deal, gay bashers eh. Lets all hate people based on things that some cant control.

You can control weight, first off. I don't care how bad your genetics are, if you work hard enough, you can at least get to a healthy weight. If you're 300 pounds and five feet fall, then part of that is your fault.

And furthermore, he didn't say he hated them.

fat people are disgusting...yeah cuz thats not hate. Fat is like the broadest term I can think of. Not overweight but fat. Some would classify me as fat cuz im 10lbs over my max weight according to military standards. Fat can be anything from just being a size 9 to 300 lbs of love at 6' 7"....
Its hateful and i was making a point.
I'm not suggeting that everyone has to go out and date a fat person but to judge someone, and be cruel to them, just because they are over weight is wrong. All people deserve respect.
undercitykitty
20 Shades of Crazy
undercitykitty
Yeah and KKK no big deal, gay bashers eh. Lets all hate people based on things that some cant control.

You can control weight, first off. I don't care how bad your genetics are, if you work hard enough, you can at least get to a healthy weight. If you're 300 pounds and five feet fall, then part of that is your fault.

fat people are disgusting...yeah cuz thats not hate. Fat is like the broadest term I can think of. Not overweight but fat. Some would classify me as fat cuz im 10lbs over my max weight according to military standards. Fat can be anything from just being a size 9 to 300 lbs of love at 6' 7"....
That's not hate, that's him stating his opinion of certain types of people.

I'm sure there are types of people you aren't attracted to. Does that mean you hate them?

450 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
undercitykitty
20 Shades of Crazy
undercitykitty

My whole family is overweight but me and I love them all dearly. I have friends who would be considered fat, and I love dearly. I'm as nice as I can be to them, and to everyone else, no matter what their size is. I just happen to think that being a certain size and bigger is a bit gross. Morbid obesity makes me want to get sick, but I'd still be nice any person that is obese.

Just because you think someone's size is gross doesn't mean you hate the person. Christ, and you call us judgmental.
If I suddenly became fat, I'd get my butt to a gym and a nutritionist. It is a choice, but not one I will ever be willing to make, I would choose health over fatty tasty foods any day. Then again, I'm the type who enjoys working out and has good willpower.
As for my opinion toward fat people, they can go ahead and be fat, just as long as they don't complain to me about how they aren't getting checked out, etc.
I don't really care for weight, as long as the person isn't extremely unhealthy, then thats just sad.
Im very content with my weight. 3nodding
Blitzkrieg Beauty
I'm actually surprised nobody has said anything demeaning towards skinny people in defense of fat people.

Usually there's always one, "At least I'm not a disgusting twig." comment.

Kudos.

Ok whatever, I am skinny and very happy. The only reason I am is b/c I play sports!!!!
awsomechick3
Blitzkrieg Beauty
I'm actually surprised nobody has said anything demeaning towards skinny people in defense of fat people.

Usually there's always one, "At least I'm not a disgusting twig." comment.

Kudos.

Ok whatever, I am skinny and very happy. The only reason I am is b/c I play sports!!!!
I'm naturally very skinny.

Usually when somebody says anything bad about people who are overweight it's countered with a rude or hurtful comment toward skinny people.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff