Welcome to Gaia! ::

Chatty Codger

6,775 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Beer tastes like piss.
I like 'em both a lot!

I love craft beer, but I don't think I could pick a favorite. I'm digging everything The Bruery has put out right now because I love Belgian beers. The Black Tuesday and Sucre were just... ugh too good emotion_drool Their Trade Winds summer release is really good too. Firestone Walker also has some amazing beers you can only get at their taproom and they're amazing, though I like all their regular beers. Their 805 has been my go to summer beer this summer, and the Wookey Jack makes me so happy too. Golden Road's Wolf Among Weeds DIPA is also delish.

I work at a liquor store though so I get to try all sorts of awesome, crazy specialty beers.
Artan Zuill
Beer tastes like piss.

I used to think that too, but then I had actual good beer and realized people had just been giving me shitty beer my whole life. Honestly, beer comes in such a wide array of flavors there's really something for everyone out there.
Raven Winter
Shut up Amber
Raven Winter
Beer tastes like alcohol and dirt. I dislike it.

I never used to until about two years ago.
Craft beer has so much more flavour then domestic.

Yeah? I've actually never had it. How much different is it, perhaps using a food-based analogy?

I had a rep from one of the breweries out here make the analogy that domestic beer vs craft beer is sort of like comparing McDonalds beef to a good steak... except you only have to pay a few extra dollars for better beer.

Craft beer is awesome because breweries are really pushing the boundaries of what beer can taste like. I've had beer that tasted like chocolate, creme brule, chili peppers, bourbon, flowers, citrus, peanut butter... you name it, someone has made beer with it. There's so much variety and even their regular flagship beers don't taste like water like Bud Light does.
Shut up Amber
WrongedRose
I work at a restaurant right next to a craft brewery in town. Their employees get free food and we get a free beer after work. It's great! I never liked beer until I started working there. I'm apparently just a craft beer gal. I do like hard ciders though. My favorite beer at the brewery though is called Elkhorn Kriek. It's so good.

Angry Orchard 3nodding
I love Angry Orchard! It's so tasty when it's a draft too! Yum whee and it's made about 3 hrs away from me.

Anti Bro

32,475 Points
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Megathread 100
WrongedRose
Shut up Amber
WrongedRose
I work at a restaurant right next to a craft brewery in town. Their employees get free food and we get a free beer after work. It's great! I never liked beer until I started working there. I'm apparently just a craft beer gal. I do like hard ciders though. My favorite beer at the brewery though is called Elkhorn Kriek. It's so good.

Angry Orchard 3nodding
I love Angry Orchard! It's so tasty when it's a draft too! Yum whee and it's made about 3 hrs away from me.

Draft is always better!
I had the Elder Flower when it was in stock. That was good too.

Anti Bro

32,475 Points
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Megathread 100
freelance lover
I like 'em both a lot!

I love craft beer, but I don't think I could pick a favorite. I'm digging everything The Bruery has put out right now because I love Belgian beers. The Black Tuesday and Sucre were just... ugh too good emotion_drool Their Trade Winds summer release is really good too. Firestone Walker also has some amazing beers you can only get at their taproom and they're amazing, though I like all their regular beers. Their 805 has been my go to summer beer this summer, and the Wookey Jack makes me so happy too. Golden Road's Wolf Among Weeds DIPA is also delish.

I work at a liquor store though so I get to try all sorts of awesome, crazy specialty beers.

I would love to work at a liquor store. My town just got hit with the craft beer craze so I've been able to taste the weirdest combinations.
Shut up Amber
freelance lover
I like 'em both a lot!

I would love to work at a liquor store. My town just got hit with the craft beer craze so I've been able to taste the weirdest combinations.

I live in LA, so there are all sorts of small craft brews around me, and the wine country is only about two hours away, so we really have a great location. I've found quite a few bars that have great craft beer selections too, and most will give you a taster before you order to make sure you like it, since some are so weird. I had a really weird one last week... can't remember what it was. I think it was a double IPA aged with apricots and in wine barrels or something weird like that. It was super delish though.

Clever Goat

I definitely enjoy beer more than any other alcoholic beverage. My favorite is probably a vanilla porter from a local place.
Shut up Amber
WrongedRose
Shut up Amber
WrongedRose

Angry Orchard 3nodding

Draft is always better!
I had the Elder Flower when it was in stock. That was good too.
Not had that. There's a brewery down the road from where I work that I've not been to yet but I was told last weekend that they have a hard cider they just started making. I want to go try it so bad but it's hard to get any time to go do things like that. Especially now that I'm a single mom.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff