Welcome to Gaia! ::

tamtonica's Partner

Hygienic Bibliophile

8,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
I hope you're alright sad

I had hip surgery on both hips, first in 2011 and then in 2013. Had to stay in the hospital for 10 days each and walk on crutches for 6 weeks.
It sucked. So, so much.
Especially the second time because I was living by myself on the fifth floor and I couldn't walk all those stairs, so I had to stay with my mom and it wasn't fun. Also couldn't go to work, so I spent 6 weeks just sitting on my mom's couch.
Got two ugly, long scars from the surgeries, too.
Hope you're healing well!

When I was like 12 or 13 I was attacked by a dog. It tore open the right side of my face around my eye and eyelid, broke the ocular orbit, and gave me some random puncture wounds here and there. 64 stitches and three staples. Got permanent nerve damage on the right side of my face. That felt weird for a while but I've had the loss of sensation for so long now that I often forget about it. Sometimes it will still randomly tingle though. And I get hives there when I sneeze or cry? Dunno why.

It was during the summer so I didn't have to go to school looking like Frankenstein's monster. Stitches got taken out before fall but I had a prominent scar afterwards for a number of years (I still have it but it's not nearly as noticeable). Since it was my face it didn't effect mobility or anything like that. But the following year I wasn't involved in P.E. or any sports due to how fragile the area was.

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
I fractured my elbow in the second grade. s**t sucked. It was my right arm and I'm right hand dominant. Still aches when the weather changes.

The only time I ever had stitches was after outpatient surgery and they were only a minor inconvenience. Gnarly scar from that one though.

Timid Combatant

13,690 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
Obscurus
I fractured my elbow in the second grade. s**t sucked. It was my right arm and I'm right hand dominant. Still aches when the weather changes.

The only time I ever had stitches was after outpatient surgery and they were only a minor inconvenience. Gnarly scar from that one though.

s**t, man. How does one fracture one's elbow?

Demonic Ally

snitches get stiches mad
not a big deal I got stitches 3 years ago my whole arm and its stil Covered its embarassing

Timid Combatant

13,690 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
Brain Weasels
snitches get stiches mad

emo

Demonic Ally

Raven Winter
Brain Weasels
snitches get stiches mad

emo
User Image

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
Raven Winter
Obscurus

s**t, man. How does one fracture one's elbow?

I was jumping off a wagon with a tobacco stick (I was seven, it was a sword, duh). I'm not 100% sure what happened but I think when I landed the end of the stick must have slapped the inside of my arm, right on the little nub of the inside of my elbow. I guess technically it was a fracture of the bone end but my elbow was still immobilized for two months while it healed and it hurt like a b***h.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff