• Loiterer 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
inviso87
ebola soup
inviso87
Starlight Sledgehammer
castigat ridendo mores
inviso87
Just b/c you reply instantly does not mean he has to. Have you ever heard of "too much of a good thing is bad"? Don't suffocate him. I had a gf in the past do just that to me and I ended it with her b/c it felt like I had no breathing room.

Let him play his game for a bit. Don't expect an immediate response. He has his own life, and you need to have one of your own also. He is not your life, nor should you be his. That is not a healthy relationship. In time, he'll play the game less. He's having fun, and as long as he isn't avidly avoiding you for the game or letting the game consume his entire life, it's not bad.

All those cute sayings of "I can't go 10 mins without him" and things like that is NOT healthy. The fact that the media pushes it is only worse....

:Edit:
ORAS = Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire I think, the new Pokemon games releasing on Nov 21 (remakes of Gen 3). It releases the same day as Super Smash Brothers Wii U btw.

This.

Also, OP, you're 13. You have a long life.
Am I going to be the only one to suggest that you might not be in this long relationship you expect with him?

I think you are. He and I are more mature than most kids our age, we know how to handle our relationship. We're stronger together than you'd think.

The people that are the most mature are the ones who don't need to announce that they are mature (which has the reverse effect, and makes people believe you're actually less mature). Not trying to be mean, but just pointing it out.

I'm sorry but that's completely idiotic. Saying you're mature doesn't make you immature, plus you have no evidence of the sort so don't go preaching otherwise.

Actions speak louder than words, and any mature individual would know that. One doesn't need to say they are mature, they prove it by their actions.

Exactly, so by her saying she's mature for her age and disregarding all the negative in that paragraph proves she's mature enough.

Shameless Grabber

14,775 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
ebola soup
inviso87
ebola soup
I literally understand how you feel Mary. It isn't greedy for you to want to talk to him, It's greedy for him to play the game all the time and put you second.

You can always come to me for a chat, you know? I'm just in the other room.

It's greedy of him to do something he enjoys? What?

Before she goes and jumps into saying things like "you're putting the game above me, I'm second," they should talk to each other and reach a compromise instead (like he messages her after each 1-2 matches, or something). As soon as an accusation like that is made, you start trouble.

But the thing is babe, that's my cousin. I know their relationship, you don't.

My advice is just as valid as anyone elses, babe.

Shameless Grabber

14,775 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
ebola soup
inviso87
ebola soup
inviso87
Starlight Sledgehammer

I think you are. He and I are more mature than most kids our age, we know how to handle our relationship. We're stronger together than you'd think.

The people that are the most mature are the ones who don't need to announce that they are mature (which has the reverse effect, and makes people believe you're actually less mature). Not trying to be mean, but just pointing it out.

I'm sorry but that's completely idiotic. Saying you're mature doesn't make you immature, plus you have no evidence of the sort so don't go preaching otherwise.

Actions speak louder than words, and any mature individual would know that. One doesn't need to say they are mature, they prove it by their actions.

Exactly, so by her saying she's mature for her age and disregarding all the negative in that paragraph proves she's mature enough.

There, I bolded it for you.

This is a moronic argument anyway.

Beloved Fatcat

11,700 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Loiterer 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
inviso87
ebola soup
inviso87
ebola soup
inviso87
Starlight Sledgehammer

There, I bolded it for you.

This is a moronic argument anyway.

You're annoying
there i bolded it for you.
I didn't vote in the poll as I don't feel either is causing problems.

Honestly if it's waiting, and just the new video game in the way for now.

Has there been any other problems? Because that alone doesn't seem so MUCH as a problem as the craze will die down.

I'm confident there is more to this. And really if it isn't. Just do something els to occupy your time while waiting.
Never make some one your everything because if they ever leave you, you will have nothing...
Jesus Christ, that s**t right there would make me smear my face against the wall until skin started coming off. I can't deal with needy on that level.

Tainiae's Partner

Amorous Ladykiller

ebola soup
This is extremely ignorant, her age isn't the issue.

If you aren't willing to say that her age is an issue, then I will propose that her handling of this situation is.

People have relationships all the time that flourish despite not being together or talking constantly; 10-30 minutes of a wait is not the end of the world, and to think that it is is an unhealthy standpoint to have when she can have a life on her own and needs to think that she can. If she cannot live without him, this is not a problem with him, this a problem of the handling of distance (figurative, not literal).

I say that she is 13, that she may not have this relationship because of the treatment of the situation. You may say you know her relationship, but it does not change that this is a clingy approach to have to any relationship and insistence of "I'm 13 and we're mature for our age" will not erase that.

Starlight Sledgehammer

If anything, what should be worked on is individuality, because you are your own person and can thrive without him or a relationship. Less than half an hour is not the end of the world nor is it going to kill you, and I would not doubt if, someday, he became suffocated by the expectations.

These are realistic things to be worried about.

Newbie Gaian

15,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Generous 100
  • Object of Affection 150
castigat ridendo mores
ebola soup
This is extremely ignorant, her age isn't the issue.

If you aren't willing to say that her age is an issue, then I will propose that her handling of this situation is.

People have relationships all the time that flourish despite not being together or talking constantly; 10-30 minutes of a wait is not the end of the world, and to think that it is is an unhealthy standpoint to have when she can have a life on her own and needs to think that she can. If she cannot live without him, this is not a problem with him, this a problem of the handling of distance (figurative, not literal).

I say that she is 13, that she may not have this relationship because of the treatment of the situation. You may say you know her relationship, but it does not change that this is a clingy approach to have to any relationship and insistence of "I'm 13 and we're mature for our age" will not erase that.

Starlight Sledgehammer

If anything, what should be worked on is individuality, because you are your own person and can thrive without him or a relationship. Less than half an hour is not the end of the world nor is it going to kill you, and I would not doubt if, someday, he became suffocated by the expectations.

These are realistic things to be worried about.

I do understand that 30 minutes is not the end of the world, nor will it kill me. It just feels a bit lonely, but now that I understand the situation better, It doesn't seem as long. That is what this forum was made for, not to bicker with the maker and/or her cousin. I would insist that you please leave, because, in all honesty, this is a waste of both of our times and we could be doing much better things than bickering on the internet. This goes for you too, Megan. Thank you for defending me, but it's all done now. My problem has been solved.

ebola soup

Newbie Gaian

15,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Generous 100
The Wandering Nine
Jesus Christ, that s**t right there would make me smear my face against the wall until skin started coming off. I can't deal with needy on that level.

To each their own.
He and I are both clingy people, it's just how you are.
I hope you one day find someone to your liking, though. n wn

Tainiae's Partner

Amorous Ladykiller

Starlight Sledgehammer

I'm bickering because someone jumped up my bum for showing concern. I won't mince words if you insist that you can handle them.

I'll leave, just know that you are both your own people and the relationship goes both ways. Communication is key.

Newbie Gaian

15,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Generous 100
castigat ridendo mores
Starlight Sledgehammer

I'm bickering because someone jumped up my bum for showing concern. I won't mince words if you insist that you can handle them.

I'll leave, just know that you are both your own people and the relationship goes both ways. Communication is key.

Thank you for your concern, ma'am. Megan is just sassy and a bit headstrong. {In a way that means I love her Meganpleasedon'tcomeintomyroomandhitme--} But all has been solved. Colin and I have plenty of communication and we have spoken of this, all has been worked out and we are back to loving on each other.

Thank you for your time and help. heart
Starlight Sledgehammer
To each their own.
He and I are both clingy people, it's just how you are.
I hope you one day find someone to your liking, though. n wn

True enough. Thank you.

Newbie Gaian

15,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Generous 100
castigat ridendo mores

Also from your profile music I can see you like RWBY. Nice taste. n w n

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items