Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rude last-minute shoppers suck. It's like they think it's the workers' fault they were too lazy to shop earlier. I have two part-time jobs, at a bank and at a clothing store, and we had so many pissy people come in. Even at the bank, yesterday people kept coming in wanting Visa gift cards and yelling at us because we ran out (we got a shipment of them in on Friday and sold them all out over the weekend). Shop earlier next time! And all the dummies at the retail store who want Hot Item X in Popular Size Y and just can't believe that we've sold out. Think in your brains, customer! If I want something so near Christmas and it's gone I recognize that it's my own fault and move on without yelling at the help about it. People think if they b***h loud enough we can magically get them whatever they want.
Wow that's some crazy s**t.My brother wanted to check out Best Buy yesterday and my mom and I were like "NOOO!" We could see the long a** line at the out door. The security had to check all the receipts. I wasn't gonna go into a store where half the stuff in there is sold out. My stepdad went to an ATM to get some cash and it had no more money in it. I just laughed because the ATM was close to Best buy and the mall.

My family is more like "here's money as your present kind of family"
Kinda reminds me of this one article I read, how christmas has kinda "Jumped the Shark".

Kids who are old enough to understand the concept of money now get cash and gift cards rather than actual wrapped boxes, mostly because they're either to hard to figure out or simply because it's so much easier to go to the store and just buy a card rather than some strange and vaguely described item.

Kinda funny since this year on Christmas Eve, all the gifts I got from the family ended up easily fitting into my wallet, whereas a few years ago the backseat of the car would filled with boxes.

Then there's the shopping, the Christmas joy is easily offset by the Christmas hate that comes before from all the angry shoppers, waiting until the last minute, fighting hundreds of competing shoppers looking for the exact same thing. Let's not forget Black Friday, I'm surprised no one gets murdered on the event.

*sigh* Nothing just seems the same anymore.
I'm just glad that no one gave the family environmentalist (me) one of those shitty TerraPass cards to offset my CO2 emissions. I'm quite happy with cash.
Maiya-lyn
Christmas is only great if you have money, a good family, and a good social life.
If you're missing one of those, you're likely to experience severe depression during the month of december.

I lack the money and family as of right now so I'm in anti-christmas mode too.
I usually love christmas, but this year has been psycho.
:/

Likewise. I'm in the same boat as you, minus a few small gifts (A digital camera and a 1 gb SD card...please; o: oh well, at least the camera roxxors )>< I hate all the greediness and yet, I hate the fact that this year and last year, I've received little to nothing because my mom is still struggling to pay bills, feed 5 kids, and take care of other stuff all on her own because her boyfriend won't do ANYTHING to help out.
O_o;
Seriously, Christmas should be called something else "Humans non-civilized day"?
The Holiday isn't the same anymore.
Moon_Child08
O_o;
Seriously, Christmas should be called something else "Humans non-civilized day"?
The Holiday isn't the same anymore.

O: and it hasn't been for years...

5,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
Yeah, working retail tends to ruin EVERYTHING.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff