Welcome to Gaia! ::

That depends a lot on your own way of learning.

For example I need to close my eyes and imagine the words being carved into the back of my eyelids in order to remember things.

Other people have to associate what they are trying to memorize with personal experiences, or, if they lack personal experience, associate it with a story they make up.

While memorizing though you also have to keep in mind how do you react while talking in front of an audience; do you become all confidence or just a blank.

If you really don't know how to memorize things or things just don't seem to want to stick to you, use flashcards. I very much doubt someone expects you to remember a whole speech verbatim.

Other than that I can only say good luck, I'm sure you'll do good.
I just finished Speech and Debate...but What helps me is reading the speech over and over and over and over again. The I try saying it out loud as many times as I can with looking at it as little as I can.
Then I make flash cards with transition sentences and parts that I always forget. Works for me smile
I reread it over and over until I get tired of it and everything, word for word, is implanted in my brain.

Magnetic Explorer

I'm not sure about speeches, but I'll share how I memorize lines for plays.

If it's really giving me trouble, I write it over and over and over. Sometimes I record myself saying it then listen while saying it along with myself, or reading along.

The key thing to memorization is understanding. In plays, you have to really understand the situation and why each character is reacting the way they are to what is being presented to them. (other characters, dialogue) so if you really know, then what you have to say next is no mystery.User Image
maybe your friends sitting in the back can hold up cue cards.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff