Welcome to Gaia! ::

Arauma
Thats absoultly rediculous (hahha two words I have no idea how to spell) tell them to shut the ******** up and then make fun of their religin. there is nothing wrong with having an opion and as long as he isn't shuving it down anyones throut than its perfictly fine
That would make the athiest just as bad of the person making fun of their religion.
Dark Knight 117
Czaric
My best friend is an atheist and gets made fun because of it. That is wrong. What happened to religious tolerence???

how can you make fun of someone who's Atheist?? but yeah making fun of anyone is wrong User Image

easily if your in a strongly religious area..
"hey mr nonbeliever, cant wait to see you in the afterlife, o wait.. not gonna happen! enjoy the fire!"
kids are dumb.. i love athiest.. there not blinded by dogma
fubenkunai
Some of us are douchebags, most of us are not. I find the only ones I have a problem with are the new-to-the-game, loudmouth kids who think they "need to help the ignorant masses see the truth" by heaping verbal abuse and historical inaccuracies on the religious. Kthx but no, as religion curated civilization in a lot of ways and shaped history, although far be it from to to say for better or worse. I don't buy it, but it's not like I'm gonna die if someone prays to God or seeks spiritual guidance from Krishna. Believe or disbelieve what you want, because the only thing any of us can do is what works for us.

And when he remembered his old habitation, and the wisdom of the den and his fellow-prisoners, do you not suppose that he would felicitate himself on the change, and pity them? [...] Would he not say with Homer, "Better to be the poor servant of a poor master, and to endure anything, rather than think as they do and live after their manner?"
- Plato

Call me an idealist, but that little quote has been my inspiration since I was a kid, and I still hope to see the day when we've finally outgrown our superstitions. Maybe you're right, and religion has aided society in some way during its development--but any psychologist will tell you that hanging on to relics of your childhood for too long isn't healthy.
Sucio Pop
I'm a Unitarian Universalist,
and I believe that everyone has a right to believe whatever it is they believe.
Religion is something people should discover for themselves.
It doesn't matter if you're Christian, Muslim, Atheist, whatever,
we're all still people who deserve to be respected.
And I've heard that "atheists don't have morals" crap, and that's just what it is:
Crap.

Im an Atheist... most of my best friends are Christians... we get along amazingly most of the time.
But twice now one of them has questioned my morals. >:[ wtf
And both times I just walked out and left. :3
But that just really pisses me off. But otherwise I find it interesting to listen to them, since I wasnt raised on the stuff at all.

I dont really get made fun of for being Atheist... mostly I just feel left out because everyones at Church everyday... no hang out time. :[

Enduring Associate

8,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Clambake 200
Sakara_the_Shadow_Thief
fubenkunai
Some of us are douchebags, most of us are not. I find the only ones I have a problem with are the new-to-the-game, loudmouth kids who think they "need to help the ignorant masses see the truth" by heaping verbal abuse and historical inaccuracies on the religious. Kthx but no, as religion curated civilization in a lot of ways and shaped history, although far be it from to to say for better or worse. I don't buy it, but it's not like I'm gonna die if someone prays to God or seeks spiritual guidance from Krishna. Believe or disbelieve what you want, because the only thing any of us can do is what works for us.

And when he remembered his old habitation, and the wisdom of the den and his fellow-prisoners, do you not suppose that he would felicitate himself on the change, and pity them? [...] Would he not say with Homer, "Better to be the poor servant of a poor master, and to endure anything, rather than think as they do and live after their manner?"
- Plato

Call me an idealist, but that little quote has been my inspiration since I was a kid, and I still hope to see the day when we've finally outgrown our superstitions. Maybe you're right, and religion has aided society in some way during its development--but any psychologist will tell you that hanging on to relics of your childhood for too long isn't healthy.

There's a difference, though, between faith and dogma. If it were faith itself that was a limiting and absolute factor, then we wouldn't have sects or philosophical growth. I think that if we on the whole can get past the dogma about what other people do and treat faith as a way to understand the world and better ourselves, then things are good. Hanging onto negative sterotypes of nonbelievers or refusing to think, that should go, because that is a return to a limited state of mind. But if people could put their money where their mouths are and treat faith like it actually is the gift they say it is-- instead of using it to put people down and feel superior, and using it to keep from asking questions-- then why get rid of it? Granted, we on the whole have a long way to go, but I've seen individuals do it and for that reason alone I'll leave faith itself alone until it comes looking to bite me.
as long as they dont bug me about being catholic i'm fine. talk2hand
my ex whos one sucks though. mrgreen
EVERYONE ON THIS PLANET IS EQUAL.

Greedy Fairy

I was made fun of in high school because I'm atheist. I live in a small town, on the edge of the bible belt so there is little religious tolerance here.
Funny thing though. I get preached to more when I tell people that I'm a vegan, than when I tell them that I atheist.
I don't believe an any form of god, so that would make me an atheist. So, I guess I'm fine with them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff