Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Conversationalist

9,950 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
Get new job, then say, "I quit." You've only been there a week, depending on the law where you live you probably don't have to give two week notice.

Tipsy Kitten

Just tell your boss you want to quit, it's not what you expected. Easy peasy.

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50

The right way to do it is to place your two weeks and work that time and then leave.

Enduring Phantom

If you've only been there a week, call them up and say that due to unforeseen family circumstances you have to quit and that you're sorry.

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I guess on the app they didn't have the part where you put what you want your desired pay to be huh? And working more than your previous job with little pay is nothing new, welcome to the real world rolleyes

Just put in a two week's notice then. All you have to do is write on a piece of paper that you are submitting your two notice and put what your last day of work will be and send it to them.
little aishi chan
User Image

I guess on the app they didn't have the part where you put what you want your desired pay to be huh? And working more than your previous job with little pay is nothing new, welcome to the real world rolleyes

Just put in a two week's notice then. All you have to do is write on a piece of paper that you are submitting your two notice and put what your last day of work will be and send it to them.

The real world?

How is settling for less going for you?
little aishi chan
User Image

And working more than your previous job with little pay is nothing new, welcome to the real world rolleyes

Not really. neutral
little aishi chan
User Image

And working more than your previous job with little pay is nothing new, welcome to the real world rolleyes

I see the title of "Profitable Millionaire" was given incorrectly.

Dapper Reveler

Easiest but most douchebag way to quit is to just stop showing up for work

Dapper Reveler

little aishi chan
User Image

Well sure if you're a failure like me

But people with drive and the will to succeed, well they don't need to settle for dirt like that. They have options due to not being failures

15,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
That really blows.

Personally, I would be worried about giving them an ultimatum. And my only worry would be how long they would try to string you along. They're obviously not upfront with their employees, and they also obviously don't really know what they're doing. So if you try and ask for a pay raise or threaten to quit, they will probably try to string you along for as long as they can, "promising" your pay raise in the next paycheck, but then oops, looks like there was a clerical error in the payroll department, I guess you'll have to wait two more weeks, blah blah blah until you finally just burn the place down.

That job sounds really terrible, and though terrible jobs are inevitable in life, that doesn't mean you have to put up with them for very long. You haven't been working there for very long, just quit. Don't even give notice, it's not worth it.

Loiterer

Robot Giny
That really blows.

Personally, I would be worried about giving them an ultimatum. And my only worry would be how long they would try to string you along. They're obviously not upfront with their employees, and they also obviously don't really know what they're doing. So if you try and ask for a pay raise or threaten to quit, they will probably try to string you along for as long as they can, "promising" your pay raise in the next paycheck, but then oops, looks like there was a clerical error in the payroll department, I guess you'll have to wait two more weeks, blah blah blah until you finally just burn the place down.
If she's worried about that, then reword the letter.

"If I do not receive a pay raise and reduced hours, effective by [date], then I will no longer be working at [place] as of [2 week date]." Simple.
She loses nothing in putting down whatever the hell she wants since her objective is to quit anyway. If they follow her demands then she just scored a better job with little to no effort on her part.

But OP's made it pretty clear here that she doesn't care about a two week's notice, apparently.
Quote:

That job sounds really terrible, and though terrible jobs are inevitable in life, that doesn't mean you have to put up with them for very long. You haven't been working there for very long, just quit. Don't even give notice, it's not worth it.
User ImageThat's an option too.

Actually ******** it, why did I reply to this.

I'll just hit submit anyway.
User Image

15,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Bornes
Robot Giny
That really blows.

If she's worried about that, then reword the letter.

"If I do not receive a pay raise and reduced hours, effective by [date], then I will no longer be working at [place] as of [2 week date]." Simple.
She loses nothing in putting down whatever the hell she wants since her objective is to quit anyway. If they follow her demands then she just scored a better job with little to no effort on her part.

But OP's made it pretty clear here that she doesn't care about a two week's notice, apparently.
You've had bad jobs before, haven't you?

So she writes the letter and gives it to her boss. He looks at it, and then says, "Look, Ghosty Pie. I totally understand where you're coming from, and if it was up to me I'd be paying you twice as much! You're one of our best employees! [Insert more compliments here.] But you know how it is with corporate, I have to go through all the red tape." Sympathetic smile and chuckle begin here. "Can you stick with me just a little while longer? This place would fall apart without you!" And more compliments and begging until poor Ghosty Pie finds herself agreeing to stay for at least another month.

Bad bosses are like slumlords. They're really good at talking fast and convincing people that what the person wants is going to get done, they promise and cross their heart and hope to die, but corporate has this policy and BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Yeah, you figure it out eventually that your boss was never going to give you a pay raise, or that your slumlord apartment manager never intended on fixing the broken dryer in the laundry room. But by that point you've wasted at least a couple of weeks, and sometimes a couple of months, hoping that this would get dealt with. That's why it's better sometimes to just take your losses and run.

Loiterer

Robot Giny
You've had bad jobs before, haven't you?
Yes.
Quote:

So she writes the letter and gives it to her boss. He looks at it, and then says, "Look, Ghosty Pie. I totally understand where you're coming from, and if it was up to me I'd be paying you twice as much! You're one of our best employees! [Insert more compliments here.] But you know how it is with corporate, I have to go through all the red tape." Sympathetic smile and chuckle begin here. "Can you stick with me just a little while longer? This place would fall apart without you!" And more compliments and begging until poor Ghosty Pie finds herself agreeing to stay for at least another month. [..] But by that point you've wasted at least a couple of weeks, and sometimes a couple of months, hoping that this would get dealt with. That's why it's better sometimes to just take your losses and run.
User ImageThere's two problems with this. One, she says the place just opened so it's likely there either is no corporate or the place is running under its own accord. Two, she'd fall for it if she was ignorant. Good for her she's got Gaia, and we just warned her about it, so she knows what's coming. Therefore, the only thing now (should she choose to go the ultimatum route) is to stick to her guns. Even if they do string her along, the two weeks notice still says "I I don't get X by [date] I will no longer be working here as of [date]." So if she doesn't show up the next day and they get all pissy, she can be all "Refer to my two weeks notice". If they for whatever reason try to defame her (don't see why they would, but whatever), she can say she quit, gave a two weeks notice, so it shouldn't affect her negatively (in regards to work history or character) at all.

EDIT:

I guess I am getting defensive over this because I don't understand why she wouldn't take this golden opportunity to keep the job and improve her situation. She literally holds ALL of the cards.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff