Psh. That's not too young to know if you're gay. I'm 18 and figured it out around there. I think when you hit puberty is when you start realizing. Good for you.

Anyway. If you're coming out to your mom, try to keep it a possitive thing. Like, if she starts yelling or whatever don't yell back. Just walk away or ignore it.

Hmm. I'd actually recommend reading a book on it. You may not be able to access the book, but... I'd try searching it at your school's library catalog or something. However, since you're only 13 they might either not have anything at all about gays in there or yeah. I wouldn't think that they'd allow that for middle school yet, considering how worked up people can get about it. >.<;

So, off the top of my head, I'll list a few things.

- Always think about your safety. Is it safe to come out to your parents/friends/whatever? Will they hurt you physically/mentally?

One of my girlfriend's old friends was hurt really bad by his dad. Apparently, his dad beat him over the head with a blunt object and then lit him on fire after pouring gasoline on him. This was because his dad had an idea that he might of been gay. He came out to his mom. Thank God he survived, but stuff like this happens. Sometime you CAN'T come out.

- One thing to consider is: "What if my parents kick me out?" "Am I ready to take care of myself?" "Where would I go if they kicked me out?" "Who could I turn to?"

Yes, that's one of the worst case scenarios, but it does happen. I know a few people that were kicked out because of it.

- Try to remain calm.

- Your mom will most likely say the classics like:

"You're too young to know..."

"It's just a phase."

"It's against our religion..."

"How can you be gay when your mom/dad and I are both straight?!"

"What did we do to deserve this?!" OR "What did we do wrong?!?!"

"Blah blah blah."

If I had a nickel for every time I heard one of those phrases, I would retire right now at 18.

Just don't irritate it and make them say more. It's hard, I know.

Example thing to say:

"I'm sorry you feel that way, mom/dad. Maybe one day you will accept me for who I am. I respect your views and I'm not trying to change them. I just wanted to share my life with you."

Something to that extent. Maybe a little bit less dramatic. You get the idea. :3

WELL, I think that's all. That's probably not all, but I'm done talkin'. If you have questions/comments/concerns, please feel free to PM me. This goes for anyone. I know some people may be too embarassed to post about themselves on the internetz, so that's what PM's are for. I'll try to answer anything to the best of my abilities. Of course I'm not the representative for all LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans) people BUT I have done a lot of reading and looking into things since it's stuff we need to know and be aware of.