Welcome to Gaia! ::

anime_girl10's Compadre

Bloodsucker

8,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
How clean do you keep it?
I keep my bedroom pretty clean. That's pretty easy to do though since I'm never in there unless I'm sleeping.

Do you have roommates? Does that impact cleanliness?
I still live at home, so my parents and younger sister. And I'm constantly cleaning up after them.
emotion_donotwant

How clean do you personally like to keep things, how clean are there, and how clean does your house end up being, all factors considered?
I'm a bit of a neat freak, so I like things to be spotless and clutter-free. However, I'm the only one in my family who feels that way, so I'm often stressed out because I'm always cleaning their messes.
I honestly can't wait to move out so I can have a nice clean sanctuary all to myself.
emotion_kirakira
I don't mind the actual 'cleaning' part, because I enjoy that. It's just constantly picking up after my family that irritates me.
I come from a big family so it's kinda hard to keep the house spotless, but my parents knocked it into us pretty well I think, picking up after yourself.

College I had some pretty gross roommates so it's made me pretty a**l about clear surfaces, etc. Clutter is distracting. For now I'm renting a room in a nice lady's house downtown, and with no college kids involved the place is basically spotless. (she'll even scold me if I leave a mug in the sink, but hey, her house her rules).

tamtonica's Partner

Hygienic Bibliophile

8,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
My apartment's always clean.
I live alone and vacuum it at least twice a week. I sweep the floors at least once and I clean my bathroom at least once a week.
I can't stand dirty, messy rooms and you won't find dirty dishes in my apartment. Everything's got its place and I like it that way.
Used to live with a very messy guy and it was the worst.

I actually enjoy cleaning, though, because it helps me think and relax. It's like, there's no expectations, I can just daydream for a bit, and afterwards there's a nice result and I feel like I've accomplished something.
Quote:
How clean do you keep it?

It's pretty clean I guess.
Quote:
Do you have roommates? Does that impact cleanliness?

A million times YES. I live with my mom and her boyfriend, and while her boyfriend is the one who insisted upon us sanitizing everything and kicking the dogs outside, he's a huge slob and wants me to clean everything up.
Quote:
How clean do you personally like to keep things, how clean are there, and how clean does your house end up being, all factors considered?

I like things clean and organized but I have tendencies to get messy. I literally lived on a farm for two years.
Aw man getting a maid would rule so hard. That's a pretty great idea if you have enough people in the space to make it cost effective. $100 a month on top of an already low rent would be totes fine; my rent is $425/month, and that's not including the $50 electric and $25 internet that comes in with it every month emotion_facepalm

I'm a clean gal though, and my roommate came from a shitty house (with in the long run has cursed him with really bad allergies and asthma), so we keep our place pretty spotless. There are occasional "thing" messes, like shoes left in the middle of the floor, bikes taken apart in the living room, etc; but never any messes that could mold or become disgusting!

Borg

Well, I was watching one of those Extreme Hoarders shows and found myself thinking, "Now, that doesn't seem bad at all..."

Sigh. emo

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces