Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'll be the first to admit that I am a highschool drop out. I dropped out last year, halfway through my sophomore year due to family issues as well as personal issues.
Currently I'm looking to further my education by taking the GED test on Wednesday so that I may go to community college and better my chances of getting into an official state college or university.

I was just curious if anyone else lives this lifestyle or has furthered their education in this manner.

D: So far the only think I've really learned from all of this is that I store stress very heavily in my shoulders, a**, and thighs. Seriously, I've got some killer knots.
Good luck~
`Sugar and Tea
Good luck~

:D Thank you!
My family issues can never make me dropout of school. As much i hate it, and stress out, I always try my best to go to school.
Good luck, dear. :]
I'm a drop out. I left school because of social anxiety/depression issues. I really have no idea where my future is heading. I wish I was still in school, because I honestly don't know what to do with myself.

Distinct Vampire

4,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Market Browser 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Half my family is drop outs, so even though I never did so myself, I've seen what stress it can put people through to get back into the game.

Good luck with it though. My cousin had gone to a community college and took courses to get her highschool diploma, which is usually looked upon a bit better than a GED, in case you're interested in looking into that sort of thing.

Otherwise the college will probably just give you a placement test once you get your GED and start you off with some basic courses.
I dropped out last August.
I just received my GED the other day, I'll probably end up doing the community college thing as well but not right away.
I've dropped out of university twice also due to my own personal issues. If you need a hand, don't hesitate to hit me up.

Signed,
Daniel
Have fun working in a cubicle the rest of your life.
I plan on dropping out the day I turn 18. Which is in about 85 days. >.>

Because I hate school, the people in my classes, and I have anxiety problems.
I dropped out about 2 years ago.
I was going through alot of s**t..(NO EXCUSE I know)
but I gave up on everything and dropped out.
I regret it with everything in me now.
I just got done taking GED classes and I'm going to take the test soon.
I'm hoping I pass.
I hate when I see all my friends who graduated and then me just stuck.
I know now that dropping out of school because all of the problems I was having really just made things 10 times worse.
heart
What state do you live in? Some states let you do internet high school for free. Thats what Im doing, through Insight School of Washington. I dropped out two years ago, and am now getting my diploma online. Maybe you should look into that.
Its actually a good idea to dropout of highschool quickly and get a GED-if you have the work ethic to get a lot of studying done in a short amount of time. A GED, which can be obtained by taking a relatively simple test, is worth having to sit in nonsense classes for four years, accomplishing little other than having to conform to ridiculous norms. If you get your GED at, say, 14- and you take the SAT and get high scores, you are 3 or 4 years ahead of your peers, and can already begin taking college courses. It seems like complete and utter nonsense sitting through all four years of highschool for a subpar education when a person can educate themselves and learn to learn, instead of learning standardized curriculum at a snail's pace.
So, if you are ready to work hard, go for it, get a GED and start cracking at college.
i live in the uk, all abit different here, but generally alike. my best friend left school at 16, 6 months before our final exams, never went to college, got pregnant at 18, spent a few years doing nothing, but now she has completely changed her life, she is a chef, she has a fiancee and has bought a house with him. im so proud!! just coz you drop out of school, dont mean you have to be a bum!! as long as you know what you wanna do then do it!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff