Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hey there everyone. smile I figured i'd make a thread where gaian's that are dealing with stress or have anxiety/panic disorder can get together and talk to eachother.

I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression at the age of 10 and have been suffering from them my entire life.

Recently things have been getting worse but i'm taking control of my life and am doing everything possible to have control of my anxiety. smile

So if you have problems like me feel free to come here and hang out.

Discuss:
How long have you been diagnosed?
How do you deal with your anxiety?

Overal this is just a thread for people with the same problem to come here and talk to others and know that they're not alone. smile
I have not been diagnosed with it because I know my parents would not believe me! D: My depression has gotten real better...I am not sure what kind of depression I have been suffering from however...and yeah, I have social anxiety disorder. I got panic attacks a lot during my senior year of high school. My temper has gotten worse and it seems whenever something "upsetting" or "bad" comes out, that thing sends my emotions into a frenzy and it takes me about a day to be "stable"...D:
I've got something, undiagnosed, and I need to get on it as soon as I decide to quit procrastinating.

My brother was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder and is being medicated, and it helped him tremendously. I think my own anxiety started when I had cancer (12ish) and I had my first real, honest to goodness panic attacks. :T I also have a bit of depression tied in with that, and so far, it looks to be pointing to a thyroid condition. I HOPE it's that simple.
I have something but I'm not sure. Some days I get into this really kind of angry state and don't talk to anyone for hours. It's really weird. I don't know what it is but I'm going to go talk to my therapist about it soon.
I've been dealing with chronic depression and panic attacks almost half of my life. Recently I was in a car accident and now the panic and depression I had previously have magnified tenfold.

I can't leave my house alone anymore, crossing the street makes me cry and feel tense, and I can't sleep because of the nightmares, and my appetite is gone because of the stress and the pain medication makes me feel like vomiting if I don't eat before taking them. I'm afraid to be alone but I have forbidden my friends from coming to see me because I am ashamed to cry in front of them, and I have crying fits suddenly and randomly now. I'm rude and hostile and bitter pretty often now, too.
CloverDew
I have not been diagnosed with it because I know my parents would not believe me! D: My depression has gotten real better...I am not sure what kind of depression I have been suffering from however...and yeah, I have social anxiety disorder. I got panic attacks a lot during my senior year of high school. My temper has gotten worse and it seems whenever something "upsetting" or "bad" comes out, that thing sends my emotions into a frenzy and it takes me about a day to be "stable"...D:

Awww *hugs* Have you thought about talking to a counselor about it? Sometimes finding out why you're anxious can help treat the anxiety in general.

They can also get you some ideas for some coping mechanisms so that when you do feel like things are out of control then you have options.

I am going to be making an appointment this next week to talk to someone about how I can control my anxiety better. I started taking medication about 10 days ago (prozac 20mg) and also started a new one yesterday (can't remember the name but I think it's keleptopin or something). My thing is that I don't want to have to rely 100% on the medication..I want to be able to help myself as well. 3nodding
dia-chan
I've got something, undiagnosed, and I need to get on it as soon as I decide to quit procrastinating.

My brother was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder and is being medicated, and it helped him tremendously. I think my own anxiety started when I had cancer (12ish) and I had my first real, honest to goodness panic attacks. :T I also have a bit of depression tied in with that, and so far, it looks to be pointing to a thyroid condition. I HOPE it's that simple.

I've heard that things like anxiety and depression can run in families so it wouldn't hurt to get yourself checked out.

With anxiety it's better to get it treated sooner than letting it get out of hand.

I am so sorry to hear that you had cancer, did things get better?

Since then have you learned how to deal with your panic attacks?

I haven't really had panic attacks until recently; and boy do they freak the heck out of me! But once I get control of myself I feel so relieved, although i'm so tired that I practically pass out. XD
Trogdorrr x
I have something but I'm not sure. Some days I get into this really kind of angry state and don't talk to anyone for hours. It's really weird. I don't know what it is but I'm going to go talk to my therapist about it soon.

Hmm i'm not sure what could be causing your terrible mood swings. It could just be simple hormones or something worse. But it would be best to get it looked at; that way you can learn how to deal with your anger. <3
i get weird panic attacks for no reason :/ and its so weird. ill just all of a sudden be thinking about things and then my thoughts will just jump to thoughts that make me scared and panic-y

its so weird :/

and iv been depressed since i was in grade 3, more so now though :/
idk im going to therapy soon, but idk when
idk if i want to go cuz im actually scared of it :/

CloverDew: ya my rents have no idea how depressed i am. if they found out they would just shrug it off as nothing, or wouldnt believe me. the only reason they're getting me therapy is cuz s**t happened and my school is making me seek outside help -.-
I haven't been diagnosed, but occasionally I'll have an anxiety attack where I'll hyperventilate, my vision will blur, and fade in and out, and I'll get tunnel vision, and I usually throw up.
Sometimes for no reason, at all.

When it's not that extreme, I'll get "cold" and shake a bit, and my stomach will feel a bit icky.

Though, I don't really get them as much as I did, anymore. I'm starting to deal with it a little better.

That, and marijuana has helped a lot. It settles my stomach, and calms me down.
angel_of_harmony
dia-chan

I've heard that things like anxiety and depression can run in families so it wouldn't hurt to get yourself checked out.

With anxiety it's better to get it treated sooner than letting it get out of hand.

I am so sorry to hear that you had cancer, did things get better?

Since then have you learned how to deal with your panic attacks?

I haven't really had panic attacks until recently; and boy do they freak the heck out of me! But once I get control of myself I feel so relieved, although i'm so tired that I practically pass out. XD

Oh, I'm 20 now and have been cancer free for years, so yes, I'm doing wonderfully. :3

I've only had a few panic attacks that have been severe enough to make me think, "This is it, I'm dying," but I have several anxiety attacks. They usually happen at night, when I'm trying to go to bed, and my mind will race and race and it'll feel as though my heart's having troubles. Usually, I worry about my breathing (which is a vivid sensation, since I have asthma and when I was ill, I had a large tumor squatting over my lungs) and it feels as though my throat is closing. It's a strange sensation I KNOW is in my head, but I can't stop it.

There's those physical things, and then there's fretting over small non-issues and worrying myself into a depressed state.

Lately, I just try distracting myself. I'll get out of bed and play a game. If I -really- need to sleep, I keep jostling a body part, tap a finger, or count in my head. Keeping myself continuesly occupied tends to help a little.
m0moiro
I've been dealing with chronic depression and panic attacks almost half of my life. Recently I was in a car accident and now the panic and depression I had previously have magnified tenfold.

I can't leave my house alone anymore, crossing the street makes me cry and feel tense, and I can't sleep because of the nightmares, and my appetite is gone because of the stress and the pain medication makes me feel like vomiting if I don't eat before taking them. I'm afraid to be alone but I have forbidden my friends from coming to see me because I am ashamed to cry in front of them, and I have crying fits suddenly and randomly now. I'm rude and hostile and bitter pretty often now, too.

I can understand how being in an accident would affect your emotional state. Just keep reminding yourself that you are in control of your life.

Have you thought about seeing a therapist for your problem?

I know 100% what you're talking about as far as not being around friends. I'm worried that my state will make my friends nervous for being around me. I haven't even seen my girlfriend much since I had my first panic attack about a week ago. I love her so much and don't want this to ruin our relationship so I have to pray that she can understand and be there for me.

I'm on the path of healing and know that in time i'll be able to control myself and my anxiety. 3nodding Just that it won't happen overnight and that i'll have to do things to help. Although I do get to talk to my girlfriend online and friends online which makes things easier for me. Because then if I have a bad night or am having trouble I can just say "brb", deal with the problem, and come back and enjoy my time with them. When if they were here with me they'd have to witness me dealing with the problems and it would stress me out more probably.
Katira13
i get weird panic attacks for no reason :/ and its so weird. ill just all of a sudden be thinking about things and then my thoughts will just jump to thoughts that make me scared and panic-y

CloverDew: ya my rents have no idea how depressed i am. if they found out they would just shrug it off as nothing, or wouldnt believe me. the only reason they're getting me therapy is cuz s**t happened and my school is making me seek outside help -.-

Do you have any idea what the thoughts are that you have when you get anxious?

It could be just genetics. 3nodding I would advise getting it checked out because you need to gain control of yourself and not let the panic control you. <3
Blitzkrieg Beauty
I haven't been diagnosed, but occasionally I'll have an anxiety attack where I'll hyperventilate, my vision will blur, and fade in and out, and I'll get tunnel vision, and I usually throw up.
Sometimes for no reason, at all.

When it's not that extreme, I'll get "cold" and shake a bit, and my stomach will feel a bit icky.

Though, I don't really get them as much as I did, anymore. I'm starting to deal with it a little better.

That, and marijuana has helped a lot. It settles my stomach, and calms me down.

I had an attack similar to that about a week ago; ended up in the ER for 2 hours just to have the stupid doctors to tell me to "breathe" and that I was fine. >< So basically I am paying $350 for people doing nothing when I could have controlled the attack myself with some encouragement and coping mechanisms. GAH

I would never take marijuana to calm down but that's my own personal choice.
angel_of_harmony
Katira13

Do you have any idea what the thoughts are that you have when you get anxious?

It could be just genetics. 3nodding I would advise getting it checked out because you need to gain control of yourself and not let the panic control you. <3

ya i know what the thoughts are that make me panic-y

and idk about genetics, cuz no one in my family gets this as far as im aware

idk its really a hassle cuz it'll just happen for no reason and i get scared for a while after :/

its actually getting me really badly

i cant sleep
i barely eat
i get headaches all the time
i cant focus
im always going through this cycle of beging really happy for a little while, then all of a sudden depressed as hell
its usually when im depressed when i get the panic attacks

idk i am going to therapy, but as i said the thought actually scares me :/

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas