Welcome to Gaia! ::

ducky_15
i know i'm not old enough, but i have a huge fear of driving. i get scared if i'm not tall enough to see over the wheel, i have a fear of crashing, and a fear of police. i used to play this game, and you could steal cars and rive them away. and if you crah, you don't have to pay for anything or fees. so i'm afraid that i will crash for fun like i do in the game or i will steal a nice car and not even know it. crying

Ah, never never follow the morals Grand Theft Auto, if that's what you're talking about. Life will not be fun and happy.
Fear of crashing and Policemen I can relate...the few times I had to talk with policemen, looked like I was lying only because I was wicked nervous. I love them though, they get some bad and stupid people off the roads. There are so many rules on the road to remember. I'm one of those forgettable types and, if one important rule is forgotten, it could mean being pulled over and ticketed.
Ride a bike if you can!

Shadow Koon ||
I've only been behind the wheel of a car twice in my entire life (I'm 19) and both times I was shaking terribly. It's quite frightening to feel like you're driving something strong and powerful, but still know that when it slams into another car going 40-65 mph, all that metal separating you from life and death might as well be aluminum. Not to mention that owning a car is such an expensive responsibility (especially if you own a manual. That's why I'd get an automatic). If I continue living where I am, I'll have no choice but to get my license and a car because everything is so far away, but if I move back upstate, I won't have to because everything is within walking distance.

I'm terrified of driving not because I'm not confident in my own abilities, but rather because I don't trust other drivers.

God yes, it's scary and expensive. ( I wish you could just pay for something up front, and have it be that with no monthly bills ...but that's life with money. ....-lets go be indians!- ) There was a line from some song that says 'using the car to go to work, going to work to pay for the car' that expresses that expensiveness.
For my family, we've been without a car for years, and had a small interval of owning a van for a few months. Money got tight with the more important things to pay, and my dad said to screw it all, it's annoying. He rides his bike to work everyday even in the winter, people think he's crazy.
Here's to hoping you move back upstate, saving money and relieving yourself of tedious responsibilities.
Meh, biking and public transit are more appealing to me, sadly. x)
L a i k a
Meh, biking and public transit are more appealing to me, sadly. x)

Point A to point B biggrin
Before I got my driver's liscence, I was afraid of hitting people off the road or something.
I don't want a car. At all. I feel bad when I use them to go anywhere other than to another town, or to carry a large amount of things.
I do not want to drive. My mind has a tendency to wander, and the times I have driven have been pretty hard on me.
I'm normally not afraid of driving, but sometimes I get nervous when I have to deal with aggressive drivers. I got into a car accident a few days ago because of an aggressive driver, and I've been a little apprehensive the past few days while on the road. I get so upset when people tailgate me or are impatient. Honestly, I'm really ******** mad that the impatience of some a*****e driver caused me to have an accident. It used to simply irk me, but now it makes me downright mad. My insurance rates are going to go up because some a*****e couldn't wait for me to make a left turn!? ARRGH!
I thought I was the only one who had that problem. It doesn't help that every dream I have about cars involves me skidding out of control or crashing. Just last night, I had a nightmare about my car flipping over and me not being able to move my leg. Then a deaf guy came out of the other car and started using sign language at me. I felt so bad. gonk

We only have one car between the three of us anyway, and I'd just be adding to the insurance. At least I live in an area where pretty much everything is accessible by walking or public transit.

Also, some "psychic" once told my mom that car accidents will pose the biggest risk for me in life. WTF.
I
HATE
Driving.
I've almost been killed like 3 or 4 times attempting to.
Never going to drive EVER.
I need the exercise any way.
stare
Not only do I hate Driving.
I'm Really afraid too.
(I had to say this because my last one felt more of a "I hate driving thing" Than a "I'm scared of driving thing" wink
It freaks me out when people get behind me and then I sort of have a mini-panic-attack and have to sit in a wal*mart parking lot for 10 minutes to regain my right mind.
No thank you.
talk2hand

IRL Noob

7,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Elocutionist 200
I thought I was the only one too!

Everyone around me is excited to drive.
Except me.
I'm afraid to get behind the wheel.

I'm just afraid of crashing or being hauled by a cop.
x_x;
I'm definitely afraid of driving, no doubt. I was driving to class this past October during rush hour and my tiny mazda got hit, scaring the life out of me. Neither of us was hurt, and my car sustained most of the dmg. About a month ago my settlement came in, since Geico claimed my car a total loss. I actually wanted to use the money for my tuition and take the bus, but was pressured by my mother into getting another car. The lady who's selling it to me(Her coworker)arrives back in town on the 28th, and I really, really wish I had a reasonable alternative to buying another car. More nervous than ever about driving it, now.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'm 18, almost 19, and I cannot drive because I am so afraid.

I don't trust myself behind the wheel because I'll end up killing myself or a bunch or other people because I'm alway oblivious to my surrounding.
I thought I was gonna be nervous to drive on my own once I got my license, but it wasn't actually bad at all. The only thing I hate about driving right now is driving in the rain at night. I get nervous 'cause I can't see the other marked lines on the road and I keep fearing that I'm gonna get into an accident if I take up two lanes or something..

Wealthy Citizen

7,925 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Friendly 100
I don't have my license yet. I plan on going to driving school, get everything done, and take the exam.

I'll need a car maybe sophomore year in college.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff