Welcome to Gaia! ::

Does anyone here have the fear of driving a car, or just don't want to deal with the responsibilities of one?
Sometimes it's wicked convenient to live in the middle of town.
My dad pushed me into taking driver's ed the summer after my freshman year of high school. I was 15 and taking driver's ed really terrified me. I failed almost every single drive (out of seven) and I would almost always cry afterward because I was so scared and felt so pressured.

However, I think it was worth it. I have my own car now and I drive every day. It's nice to have that freedom. The only time I hated having a car was when my boyfriend (at the time) would have me drive him to and from work and school. I HATED it. He actually had a car, just no license.
Bonesie
My dad pushed me into taking driver's ed the summer after my freshman year of high school. I was 15 and taking driver's ed really terrified me. I failed almost every single drive (out of seven) and I would almost always cry afterward because I was so scared and felt so pressured.

However, I think it was worth it. I have my own car now and I drive every day. It's nice to have that freedom. The only time I hated having a car was when my boyfriend (at the time) would have me drive him to and from work and school. I HATED it. He actually had a car, just no license.

That's a lot of gas. And gas is tedious to get. Should've had him pay up, or walk. Would you be afraid of getting in a bad accident?

One experience that influenced the fear was when my ex got us into a small car crash. Nobody died or anything, but the force of his van into the back of a car was unexpected. Have a tiny scar to remind myself that he's a dill-hole who didn't look both ways.
I used to fear driving a car.
I still kind of do, but am now anxious to get on with learning how to since it will be quite convenient.

Everything I need is within five miles of my home. But that doesn't mean I don't want a car. >>
I am 24 years old and I have had my drivers license for only 6 or so months now.

I was TERRIFIED of driving. It didn't help that when I tried learning my ex-husband would freak out even when I wasn't doing bad.

I love driving now. I got over the fear. While it is a great responsibility it is also a lot of fun and has given me a freedom I had never known before. I have since urged all my non-driving friends to learn.
I'm terrified of driving, and I hate doing it, but I had to learn because I lived in the middle of nowhere and there was no one to drive me anywhere. Now that I live with my boyfriend, though, he drives me anywhere I want to go, but I don't leave the house often so it's not that big of a deal. whee
nezumish
I am 24 years old and I have had my drivers license for only 6 or so months now.

I was TERRIFIED of driving. It didn't help that when I tried learning my ex-husband would freak out even when I wasn't doing bad.

I love driving now. I got over the fear. While it is a great responsibility it is also a lot of fun and has given me a freedom I had never known before. I have since urged all my non-driving friends to learn.

Neat...glad to know I'm not alone with delayed learning. smile

happymoogle's Waifu

IRL Waffles

I thought I was the only one.
I have white line fever because I hate the left side of the road.

I am becoming more confident though, I have had my permit for over a year.
Im tired of having my parents drive me everywhere, makes me feel immature.

and I love my car, its my baby, an 88 Trans Am.
sadly, its not running right now though, I havent drove it in over 3 months.
:[

Gracious Flatterer

1,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
driving is something we all have to do ..eventually. confused
I am 16, and all of my friends have there drivers licens, exept me, I don't even have my permit. sad Since there are so many accidents up here, I guess you could say I am scared of driving.
KatsuEmi
I am 16, and all of my friends have there drivers licens, exept me, I don't even have my permit. sad Since there are so many accidents up here, I guess you could say I am scared of driving.

I feel for you D:
meltygum
driving is something we all have to do ..eventually. confused

I'll give it a few years and check back with you sweatdrop
Lol, I was ******** terrified.
I'm a Journalism student, so I've done countless stories on road fatalities and seen countless crashes.

It didn't help that my father, who tried to teach me, is an ANGRY ANGRY MAN. gonk
After his first lesson I didn't even think about it for another six months.

Then my parents announced that they were going to America for six weeks so I'd have to learn to drive or walk the 30mins to work.

So I bit the bullet and paid out the a** for professional driving lessons.
Passed my test on the first go!
Being cautious (boarderline paranoid) makes you a very precise, very good, driver!

I've had my license for about seven months and I've never even come close to having an accident. I've driven myself and friends to the beach, I can drive to my boyfriend's house. I'm roadtripping to Sydney in July.

No matter how scared you are, the freedom is totally worth it.
I am afraid of people hitting me when I'll learn how to drive... but I don't have my permit yet eek

When my dad took me out to learn "hand over hand turning" I was laughing cuz I get nervous alot, he got offended and started saying "You think this is all fun?" I was like "Dad, you know I get nervous so stop making it a little less tense okay?"
I'm not bothering with learning to drive.

And I get scared easily when I'm in a car, maybe because I'm not used to it or something.
People drive horribly.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces