Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Should I pierce my ear? Please read the thread before answering.

Yes 0.82291666666667 82.3% [ 79 ]
No 0.17708333333333 17.7% [ 17 ]
Total Votes:[ 96 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 >

Van the One
-Sniffle-Doodle-
Van the One
Confetti_hearts
I have 5 piercings. 3 helixes (cartilage) and 2 lobe piercings. I had my helixes done with a professional using needle while the lobe were done by gun piercing. I would say having the gun hurt more vs the needle as the gun tends to pinch the skin and often the gun is not sterilized properly. Professional piercing places use (or should) use autoclave to sterilize their equipment and generally needles are done in a cleaner environment. Also when they use hollow needles it lets the wound heal better. I cleaned my piercings with distilled water and sea salt.

Do you know where I could find hollow needles?

painfulpleasures.com

Cheep sterral hollow needles. I'd suggest using either 20g or 18g needles, those are the normal ones for lobe piercings. Either that, or just go to claire's and get it done.

I was thinking either an 18 ga or 16 ga. What do you think. Right now I'm thinking 18, but what would the difference be if I got a 16 ga. It looks like their are more options in ring types in the 16 ga field.

Well when you first get it pierced the bigger the needle is the more it hurts.

So I would suggest getting it pierced with an 18g or 20g then after leaving in the earing for awhile just go up a size and if you want it even bigger still just go up a size about every week or so untill you have the size you want.
demonic_strawberry
Van the One
-Sniffle-Doodle-
Van the One
Confetti_hearts
I have 5 piercings. 3 helixes (cartilage) and 2 lobe piercings. I had my helixes done with a professional using needle while the lobe were done by gun piercing. I would say having the gun hurt more vs the needle as the gun tends to pinch the skin and often the gun is not sterilized properly. Professional piercing places use (or should) use autoclave to sterilize their equipment and generally needles are done in a cleaner environment. Also when they use hollow needles it lets the wound heal better. I cleaned my piercings with distilled water and sea salt.

painfulpleasures.com

Cheep sterral hollow needles. I'd suggest using either 20g or 18g needles, those are the normal ones for lobe piercings. Either that, or just go to claire's and get it done.

I was thinking either an 18 ga or 16 ga. What do you think. Right now I'm thinking 18, but what would the difference be if I got a 16 ga. It looks like their are more options in ring types in the 16 ga field.

So I would suggest getting it pierced with an 18g or 20g then after leaving in the earing for awhile just go up a size and if you want it even bigger still just go up a size about every week or so untill you have the size you want.

Yeah I agree, but don't go bigger than a 16g, it wouldn't suite your personality from what I hear. Start at 18g, cause if you go bigger than that for a start it tends to hurt a bit more. I started at 20g in my lobes, and now they're 18g.

As for jewelry, there is a lot in 18g. Again, look at painfulpleasures.com.

Also, when you get the piercing at whatever size you want, wait until it completely heals before you go up a size, otherwise you're in for some pain there as well. As in leave it in for at least 6 - 8 weeks before even thinking of going up a size. That way your ear has time to heal and all of that. Times may very, since different people heal at different rates. If it is still tender to the touch, crusty, infected in any way, irritated, etc, dont go up. Wait until it doesnt hurt to change earings, and theres no sign of irritation or infection.

And, when you do get it done, make sure you clean your ears twice a day, with either saline solution, or the stuff they sell at Claire's. Saline solution can be bought at any store, usually in the contact cleaning isle. It's pretty cheep, and is great for cleaning piercings cause it's gentle yet cleans it well.
demonic_strawberry
I think you should be allowed to do what you want to yourself. Because its your body so why not make it look like how you see accordingly?

For myself I've done all my piercings and I have 5 [in my ear] they aren't that hard to do yourself but its always easyer for someone else to do them as long as they have experience. So your friend sounds like a good idea for the job.

I have five piercings as well, but I got them all done at piercing places.

- 2 Ear lobes done at Claire's (1 in each ear)
- 2 Helixes done at Claire's (Cartilage, 1 in each ear)
- 1 Eyebrow done at Moxie Ink

My friend might be doing my labret for me within the next year, but I might go back to Moxie to get that done cause they did really good on the eyebrow. (:
Van the One

What do you think I should do?
What would you do?
How does it feel to get your ear pierced?
Should I get a professional anyway?
What do I need to do for care afterwards (like cleaning it, how long does it have to be in until I can take it out)?
Any other advice?

If you really want one get it
when I was 17 I already have four facial piercings
I find all my piercings to be a pleasurable experience
If you are confident in her skills as a piercer then why not.
your friend or professional piercer will provide you with all the information you need to know
just remember that if you don't like it you can always take it out, it's not permanent.
-Sniffle-Doodle-
demonic_strawberry
Van the One
-Sniffle-Doodle-
Van the One
Confetti_hearts

painfulpleasures.com

Yeah I agree, but don't go bigger than a 16g, it wouldn't suite your personality from what I hear. Start at 18g, cause if you go bigger than that for a start it tends to hurt a bit more. I started at 20g in my lobes, and now they're 18g.

Also, when you get the piercing at whatever size you want, wait until it completely heals before you go up a size, otherwise you're in for some pain there as well. As in leave it in for at least 6 - 8 weeks before even thinking of going up a size. That way your ear has time to heal and all of that. Times may very, since different people heal at different rates. If it is still tender to the touch, crusty, infected in any way, irritated, etc, dont go up. Wait until it doesnt hurt to change earings, and theres no sign of irritation or infection.

And, when you do get it done, make sure you clean your ears twice a day, with either saline solution, or the stuff they sell at Claire's. Saline solution can be bought at any store, usually in the contact cleaning isle. It's pretty cheep, and is great for cleaning piercings cause it's gentle yet cleans it well.

Okay. Well I'm looking at the website and I see a lot of stuff that is for 16g and lower. She said she could do a 16g if I got the needle. What would I have to do to go from an 18g to a 16g? I ask because I would like to be able to wear something cool. Not just a stud. I really want a stud, but i want to have one different one. And all I see on painfulpleasures that is cool is in 16g and less.
saline is just sea salt water. when it's time to clean your piercing just dissolve some organic non-iodized sea salt in warm water and soak the pierced area.
Van the One
-Sniffle-Doodle-
demonic_strawberry
Van the One
-Sniffle-Doodle-

painfulpleasures.com

Okay. Well I'm looking at the website and I see a lot of stuff that is for 16g and lower. She said she could do a 16g if I got the needle. What would I have to do to go from an 18g to a 16g? I ask because I would like to be able to wear something cool. Not just a stud. I really want a stud, but i want to have one different one. And all I see on painfulpleasures that is cool is in 16g and less.

Lol, If you wanna do a 16g at first that's fine, i'm just warning you it might actually hurt. Lobe piercings dont usually hurt unless you go too big too fast. To go from an 18g to a 16g, you wait til your ear is completely healed, then you just buy a 16g earring and stick it in the 18g hole, it'll stretch. It might sting a little bit, but probably not cause they're so small anyways. I put my eyebrow ring in my 18g hole before (eyebrow is 16g) and it didnt hurt at all.

When you first pierce it you gotta wear the stud anyways til it's healed. After its healed you can put anything into it. (:

Hot Topic has a lot of 18g earrings too.

http://painfulpleasures.com/xcart/customer/home.php?cat=4

Those are captive rings

http://painfulpleasures.com/xcart/customer/home.php?cat=5

Those are circular barbells (What I usually wear)
IT PEIRCED
DOOO IT ;D;D
-Sniffle-Doodle-
Van the One
-Sniffle-Doodle-
demonic_strawberry
Van the One
-Sniffle-Doodle-

painfulpleasures.com

Lol, If you wanna do a 16g at first that's fine, i'm just warning you it might actually hurt. Lobe piercings dont usually hurt unless you go too big too fast. To go from an 18g to a 16g, you wait til your ear is completely healed, then you just buy a 16g earring and stick it in the 18g hole, it'll stretch. It might sting a little bit, but probably not cause they're so small anyways. I put my eyebrow ring in my 18g hole before (eyebrow is 16g) and it didnt hurt at all.

When you first pierce it you gotta wear the stud anyways til it's healed. After its healed you can put anything into it. (:

Hot Topic has a lot of 18g earrings too.

http://painfulpleasures.com/xcart/customer/home.php?cat=4

Those are captive rings

http://painfulpleasures.com/xcart/customer/home.php?cat=5

Those are circular barbells (What I usually wear)

Ooops. I actually forgot about Hot Topic. The circular barbell is not my thing. I think I like the captive rings better. Do you know of any other types or earrings (i.e. barbell, circular barbell, captive, and stud)?
If you want to pierce your ear, then go for it.
If you're worried about your parents getting mad at you, maybe you could wait a few more years?
Get your ear pierced i know a bunch of guys( cool who have their ear pierced and it looks really good for all of then.
Yeah, you should get your ear pierced. I totally love guys with piercings. Many young teenage boys get their ear pierced. Well everyone says that it doesn't hurt, but I personally thought it stung a bit...

Jeering Shade

7,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Party Animal 100
if you feel it expresses yourself, you should!

Wheezing Smoker

Personally, I prefer both ears being pierced. It might just be a symmetry thing, but I do. Since your friend is an apprentice piercer, it's fine if she does it. If it was just one of your friends with a sewing needle, I'd say to be seriously cautious (even though that's how I had mine pierced...^_^*) You'll want to get some piercing cleaner, they have that at stores like Clair's and such.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff