Welcome to Gaia! ::

depending on where you live sometimes it's just a shitty job market
im 19
i make 10 bucks an hour
it's not minimum wage but it's not great pay, either
im not complaining
i think what should define you more than anything is your character and what you do with your life
screw your income level, which is nobodies business but your own
just like your transition is really no ones business
and maybe one day you can just be who you are and have no fear of it holding you back

Space Phantom

10,900 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
Does your income define you?
Me? Not really. My husband? Does more. He feels emasculated because he doesn't have some high end job with health insurance.

If your income is low, do you have a good reason for it (age, inexperience, location, etc).
I'm on disability (for primarily an anxiety disorder), and I'm also in a rural area with limited options, and so a job I could do would be harder to come by. My husband is also (for the same reason). He also worries about getting a job, and it makes things worse.

Do you judge people by how much money they make?
Not really, I don't care. It's really none of my business. I don't ask people what they make. If they tell me what they do, that's fine, but I don't care what they make. Maybe it's also because I want that courtesy extended to me (I don't want to be judged as a lazy ******** up who married another lazy ******** up, so I won't ask you how much you live on or your insurance if you don't ask me).

How much do you make, if you don't mind sharing?
I live on about 600 a month (524 from disability, and the rest from food stamps). I guess 1200 if you count that my husband gets the same amount (it would actually be about 1400 and food stamps if we didn't get married.)

Greedy Grabber

A transgender chick works at my neighborhood Walmart.

I can't lie and say that seeing a full-blown woman and hearing the voice of a full-blown man come out of her isn't a little offputting.

Beloved Inquisitor

Dr Raymond Stantz

This is the only question I'm really eligible to answer. sweatdrop

Yes, and no. As a person it does not define you at all. As you have stated in your OP there are many reasons why someone could not have a well paying job. Also some people of good character pursue career paths that don't pay well. Such as being a teacher or something.

When you die though? Yeah it kind of does. Your self worth on the material level really does only include how much you contributed/earned in your life. Plus who you had to support of course.

This post may not make much sense at all, but whatever.
No. The hours i work, the momentum i have, the amount of time i spend learning / reinventing an approach is.

i dont understand how people can place their self-worth in money, makes no sense.
Not really.
If your income is low, do you have a good reason for it (age, inexperience, location, etc).
I'm 18, I earn above minimum wage, I have a lot of experience from previous jobs, which is probably why, since other people my age earn a lot less than I do. For those wondering, I earn £8 per hour, for four hours doing tech support in a call center as a trainee, others earn barely a fiver.
No. I'm not a spoiled 12 year old who judges people based on the life they make for themselves. As soon as you're responsible for the money you earn, you get a whole new perspective on things.
See above.
Did someone hand you your job/position/status, or did you earn it?
Earned it!Was looking for a job with a flexible schedual, I get my Fridays and my weekends off, I have days off class between Tuesday and Thursday so I have plenty of time to catch up on classwork.

Timid Bloodsucker

7,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Citizen 200
To me, income does not define personal worth. You can have a complete air-headed bimbo with all the cars and luxury she could wish for, an inept businessman who only got to where he was by kissing a** and, on the other side, a potential medical or scientific genius unable to flourish as they could simply because they do not have the economic means to achieve their goals.

Shameless Exhibitionist

Does your income define you? I don't think so... I can find nice clothes at thrift stores for practically nothing.
If your income is low, do you have a good reason for it (age, inexperience, location, etc). In my trade there isn't much money to be had. Also, I'm a full time student, and I don't have a job.
Do you judge people by how much money they make? Not directly, at least.
How much do you make, if you don't mind sharing? I get 377 euros a month from the government. I make around 30 euros a month on top of that by other means. In the coming months I am expecting to make a bit more money, since I have a practice business through my school.
I will earn it, when I do. whee
Not to me.
And I hope others don't judge me based on my wage.
I get minimum APPRENTICE wage.
£2.60 an hour. fml.

Dapper Reveler

I should hope not
Else I'm worth nothing

Enduring Paladin

14,825 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Tycoon 200
No, but some people who have zero confidence in other aspects of their lives will say it does.

Lack of experience.

Not unless they b***h/brag about it.

Currently an unemployed student. I'm just going to badger the Hell out of the people at my school cafeteria til they give me a job.

I earned every job I ever had, though it was relatively easy and nothing to brag about, since they were mostly programs directed towards getting teens jobs. I'd rather have a job because I have ability, not connections. *cough*a** kissers*cough*
No, You could be rich poor inbetween, None of it matters to me. Some of the BEst people I know are poor some rich.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff