Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

Do you have to always stand out?
Do you LOVE breaking rules?

I'm fine where I am in goody-two-shoe land, but I'm curious to see.
Malice Drooger
User Image

Do you have to always stand out?
Do you LOVE breaking rules?

I'm fine where I am in goody-two-shoe land, but I'm curious to see.

Haha, me, too. I like fitting in, although I don't believe in labels. I still believe that everyone is an individual =)
I just do whatever I feel like. If that happens to be rebellious, whatever. If not, okay. I don't care. If you try to label yourself as a "rebel", you're just being fake, and caring what other people think of you, which is innately NOT rebellious at all. Idiots.

Skarlis's Husbando

Timid Lunatic

I don't really like breaking rules.
Well I uphold them and follow them when and if I know them.
rofl
But in a sense, rules were made to be broken.
How else would youknow which ones to enforce?
›› sometimes my beliefs and behavior are naturally different from the social norm. but i think trying to be rebellious is a waste of time.
I find enjoyment in being deviant. I don't do it for attention. Simply put, if I did do it for attention, I'd be getting a lot more than what I do get. I'm pretty much unnoticable. I just think it's more fun to be a sort of rebel than to just live life in a pretty boring manner.
I'm almost irrationally nonconformist. Something being common among others or something everyone else is doing inspires a part of me to go another way.

To me a rule is a thing that should be put in its place, not something to put me in what others think is mine. I will always defy systems attempting to control my patterns, but rarely in to any length which inconveniences me or is at my expense.

Contradictory enough, I really value most of society's workings. Most of it is there for a reason.. the rules in order to convenience a great many people or even for my own good. I will always look for ways which these rules could be changed or bended, though, and if a rule doesn't make sense to the circumstance which it is designed for I will cautiously circumvent it or discourage it... or even seek its reform by raising awareness.

I suppose in part this tendency of mine is an arrogance. It is saying that I understand the circumstances surrounding the rules better than others and my will is more important... While I am intensely aware however how large systems make generalizations and simplifications for the benefit of improving statistics and such, but sometimes I am wrong and don't know it....
i break the rules only if i don't agree with them, but there are some rules that are good rules, i don't break those
Sort of. Yeah. In the words of Jack Kerouac: "Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion.”

Lonely Lunatic

"What are you rebelling against?"
"What have you got?"

heart
Well I break the rules a lot. If that's what you're asking.

3,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Trader 100
being a rebel can mean many different things like not doing what other think are normal
or it could be breaking the rules cuz you can and no one will stop you twisted
There are so many different ways in which one can rebel something. All it means is going against a status quo or the norm.

True, a more strict definition refers to breaking rules or laws or social principles in some form or another.

In the loosest sense of the word, someone can be a rebel for, in a society where nearly everyone watches TV, not even own one. Or if everyone in some little town stops their education after high school, a rebel in that context might be going to a University. In my town, there's only 5 (that I know of. There might be up to 10) high schoolers doing a youth exchange- when there's several thousand high schoolers enrolled. And I'm among those doing that. So perhaps that's "rebellious" against the norms.

There are a LOT of norms I don't rebel against- it's hard to measure the even thousands of things a culture subscribes to. Only things I can think of for me are the youth exchange, not getting a driver's license (I live in a very car-centered culture) and I have different tastes in movies and music and news than most people where I live- but I don't think those preferences count in being rebellious.

I think most people are rebellious in at least one way- and conforming and complacent in hundreds.
yeah I went through my "PUNK ROCK!!! ******** Authority!!" phase three years ago. I got bored. plus I was still scared shitless of getting arrested. (thank goodness I was never caught) oh I'm still rebellious, just more intelligently and for a better cause. I'd rather not be considered a sheep.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff