Money $_$ 0.38461538461538 38.5% [ 10 ]
A boyfriend/girlfriend ;-; 0.076923076923077 7.7% [ 2 ]
A puppy/kitten o3o 0.19230769230769 19.2% [ 5 ]
Clothes B| 0.076923076923077 7.7% [ 2 ]
Videogames plz and ty 0.11538461538462 11.5% [ 3 ]
Naughty people don't get gifts.. ;] 0.15384615384615 15.4% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 26 ]
1 2 >

My family has always labeled me as a wallflower or shy. I don't really believe I'm shy because I've came out of my shell a lot, thanks to art and drama club. Anyways, anxiety does run in my family (oh, I'm 17 by the way xD )

I do,however, find it very difficult to talk on the phone. My heart races and I feel dizzy when I have to call someone. Small talk is my worse enemy. If I know I'm going out with someone later, I start preparing myself for possible conversation topics. After hanging out with someone, I replay over and over what I said and how I reacted to things.

I moved to a new school a year ago. This is when my anxiety really became noticeable. My heart raced constantly faster and I would always feel so sick to my stomach that I could not eat. I didn't eat breakfast or lunch for 5 months.

Is this what social anxiety is like? I feel like my anxiety causes me to miss out on events because I worry about what I'll have to do/say to people. Any advice would be appreciated ^-^ thanks for listening.

gaia_angelleft Ginger gaia_angelright

Clean Gekko

3,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
sounds like it
what you needs a technique to keep yourself calm whenever you need
I use slow breathin
Silly Annie

Yeah, I try to take deep breaths. But sometimes it's just hard to remember to do that.. xD

Clean Gekko

3,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
l Ginger Cakes l
Silly Annie

Yeah, I try to take deep breaths. But sometimes it's just hard to remember to do that.. xD
course its hard
but it works

soon as you even think MAYBE you gonna panic start thinkin bout breathin slow
keep it on ya mind
Sounds like it.

Generous Poster

By fact of you posing this question on the LD, yes
Culture Cry Wolf
By fact of you posing this question on the LD, yes
LD, Am I millionaire? Thus it was true, I posed it to the LD. neutral neutral neutral neutral neutral neutral neutral neutral neutral neutral neutral neutral neutral neutral neutral neutral neutral neutral neutral neutral neutral neutral neutral

Anxious Prophet

Teach yourself how to detach yourself when you need to.

Working in retail taught me how to put on my nice face in a snap.

Blessed Cat

My interpretation of social anxiety is that we care too much of what others think of us. Which makes you wanna plan out what to say cuz you dont wanna be frozen or say something stupid. Im sure your mind rushes while you are confronted with a situation like that. I suggest you slowly break out of your shell more and more and remind yourself it doesn't matter what people think of you or how they perceive you. It's good that you do care what they think though so it's not so bad... btw ur avatar is cute dude

Kirai Nenshou's Fangirl

Star

13,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Sounds like it. But you should go to a professional about this so they can diagnose it properly and help you deal with it.
Sky ina hentai
My interpretation of social anxiety is that we care too much of what others think of us. Which makes you wanna plan out what to say cuz you dont wanna be frozen or say something stupid. Im sure your mind rushes while you are confronted with a situation like that. I suggest you slowly break out of your shell more and more and remind yourself it doesn't matter what people think of you or how they perceive you. It's good that you do care what they think though so it's not so bad... btw ur avatar is cute dude

Thanks yum_puddi yum_puddi
Yup, sounds like it. My psychologist insisted group therapy was the only good option to get better because you're in a safe environment where I didn't mind pushing myself out of my comfort zone until it wasn't as hard for me to do (he felt by doing this, if anything bad were to happen it would make things a lot worse for my anxiety)

Tipsy Kitten

8,800 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
We can't tell you whether or not you have a mental illness, we're not doctors. Having some stranger in a forum tell you "yes, you have this" is just as helpful as self diagnosing -it isn't.

It does look like the symptoms of it though and you should see a doctor where they can tell you whether or not you have it, and help you deal with it.

Merry Muse

I would have to say it really does seem like it, and this is coming from someone with social anxiety.

Also I have to disagree with the poster above me. Self diagnosing can be extremely useful to those that cannot seek professional medical attention.

Also in my case I only sought help after self diagnosing because for me that was an important step in accepting that I had a problem.
Thank you all for your help. I've tried talking to my mother about it, but she dismisses the topic completely saying I'll grow out of it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff