Welcome to Gaia! ::

Okay, I'm looking for a diet that suits me and is easy to follow.

Not a diet that is going to kill me, not a diet that will only let you eat like 2 things a day.
I don't want an eating disorder that's why I decided to go on a diet.
I want to loose weight not my life.
I'm still young, so yeah.

Any suggestions?
Chinese Diet: You can eat everything that you want as long as you'll eat it with only one chopstick. (Lol!)

Jk... What's your blood type?
dont bother darlin, we are how we are meant to be (unless your obese and its life threatening of course) just eat sensibly!!
Some easy things to do:

* Cut out soda, sugary foods.
* Replace white bread with whole grain/wheat bread.
* Try to avoid 'portion distortion' - this is just eating what you need. Don't try to eat a whole plate of spaghetti, if after eating half of it your body tells you that you are full. Also, eating on a smaller plate helps you stay within the amount you actually need, because it looks like you picked up a lot more food than you did. (It sort of tricks you into believing you ate a huge meal.)
* Eat in small, slow bites. You get that 'full' feeling without a stomach ache if you savor each piece, rather than shoving massive amounts of mood into your mouth in a 10 minute time frame.
* Drink plenty of water. Having a bottle of water with you throughout the day to sip from can also curb munchies between meals.
* Don't eat after 7 p.m. Give your body enough time to digest what you've already eaten throughout the day.
*Lastly, weird but --- it's been found that if you do have late night munchies you should sniff a banana. xD It can curb those munchies. And, chew on sugar-free gum while you cook to keep yourself from snacking on your ingredients.

x ___ x that's all!

Diamond Pants

25,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
[electric purple fog]
Some easy things to do:

* Try to avoid 'portion distortion' - this is just eating what you need. Don't try to eat a whole plate of spaghetti, if after eating half of it your body tells you that you are full. Also, eating on a smaller plate helps you stay within the amount you actually need, because it looks like you picked up a lot more food than you did. (It sort of tricks you into believing you ate a huge meal.)
* Eat in small, slow bites. You get that 'full' feeling without a stomach ache if you savor each piece, rather than shoving massive amounts of mood into your mouth in a 10 minute time frame.
* Drink plenty of water. Having a bottle of water with you throughout the day to sip from can also curb munchies between meals.
* Don't eat after 7 p.m. Give your body enough time to digest what you've already eaten throughout the day.
*Lastly, weird but --- it's been found that if you do have late night munchies you should sniff a banana. xD It can curb those munchies. And, chew on sugar-free gum while you cook to keep yourself from snacking on your ingredients.

x ___ x that's all!

Yep... That should do it.
JazzieFloss
Okay, I'm looking for a diet that suits me and is easy to follow.

Not a diet that is going to kill me, not a diet that will only let you eat like 2 things a day.
I don't want an eating disorder that's why I decided to go on a diet.
I want to loose weight not my life.
I'm still young, so yeah.

Any suggestions?

eat really healthy, 3 small meals and 3 snacks in btwn meals, Stay under 2000 calories, tadaaa, easy diet that will def keep you healthy and help you lose weight
don't even try to go on a diet it never works .....no joke...
i triend it and still can't work but i am not very huge so wat 4?!?!?! biggrin
but gd luck ...
i agree with the poster who said to eat sensibly.. just cut out the bad and exercise regularly. if you have a busy schedule try to break it down into 20 minutes a day or something!
Well, I'm currently on the following diet and have lost 11 ilbs in 2 months. here's what I am doing:

Counting Calories

Most people turn up their noses when it comes to counting anything, because they want something mindless with results. Well, diet don't work that way, they take work. So follow these steps to get on the right track. It's then up to you to keep uup with it.

1. Set the date you want to start your diet. I like starting on mondays since it means a new week.

2. Pick yourself up a nice notebook or journal and a calorie counting book (I reccomend The Calorie King: Calories, Fats, & Carbohydrates).

3. Inside this notebook, you should write down the following:
A. You current size, weight, and measurements
B. Your Goal Weight.
C. Your Steps to getting there: If you want to lose 40 lbs, write down every 10lbs. And once you hit 10lbs, you get to reward yourself with something small. I got two movies I have been wanting when I hit my first 10lb goal.
D. Figure out your total daily calorie intake. I set myself at 1500. If I stay under, I'm doing really good.

4. Do your gorcery shopping. I reccomend getting 100 calorie packs for snacks and treats at first. Also incorperate veggies. Stay away from soda and juice. you new beverage of choice is water, and pretty much only water. if you need a sweet beverage, limit yourself to ONE a day, and stick to crystal light or diet soda. Low fat yogurt is also very good and some only have 100 calories which makes a great snack anytime.

5. The rest, is up to you. Remember to look at lables, as questions at restaurants and carry that notebook and calorie book around with you. Those are the bible to your diet.

Exercize obviously helps, but do what you can. if you don't have the time to walk a mile, try speed walking in place infrot of the tv or something.

Hope that helps. Sorry for the text wall.
-Read the labels on food.
-Don't eat things that have chemicals in it. Like Monosodium Glutamate. Aspartame ect.
-Eat everything organic. Holy crap, I lost alot of weight by switching my regular milk to organic soymilk. LOL.
-Walk everyday.
-Laugh often
[electric purple fog]
Some easy things to do:

x ___ x that's all!

I think this is a god bit of information there. Just look out for what you eat, eat healthy and try to stick to the major food groups, and first and foremost: EXERCISE. Many who diet never notice just how important exercise is. Believe me, if you care about how you look, do a few crunches and jog around the block each day.

Nobody ever said getting healthy was fun. Unless they really liked jogging. sweatdrop
ok first of all Throw out your scale!! ( or just hide it ) scales not only tell you how much you weigh but they add stress that may put more weight one you

next. dont count calories ( thats just stupid, and it could make you regret it)

ok and yes eat healthy, for snacks instead of chocolate, eait a granola bar, or rice cakes.

As for food. 3 meals a day is fine but a really good diet is a japanese and chinese diet. lots of tea ( help your metabolism , and keeps you looking young longer) no soda,

a fun tip to do is buy a little food but make BIG quantities of different variety of whqat can be made from it (ie pot stickers, or any thing small) that way your not eating MORE food, but it just seems like it and youll get full fast. but healthy

alot of eating problems start with the mind the bigger the size l;ooks the faster youll get full, the smaller the size looks the hungerier youll get

and last of all excersize
also youll notice that by cutting out soda you may lose 5-10 pounds by 1 year

also watch tons of comedy movies, by laughing for five minutes a day you will lose 10 pounds a year.

lol dieting doenst have to be hard it can be fun, so find things that you think would be fun

pick up a sport too
Diets do not work.
Eat healthily.
Eat 10 fruits and vegetables of all the different colours. (It change from five a day to 10 a day of different colours!)
Find a fun sport that you enjoy and stick to it.
Get on a running machine and have someone hand something you enjoy (chocolate, shoes, lots of money, etc.) infront of you and run for a bit. When you've done a good run you can have them. ^^

Remember you do not have to cut back on food to loose weight. Just keep eating and exercising healthily. >.<
You are allowed the out unhealthy snack but only in small amounts though. Eating some unhealthy things is healthy as you need fatty food to have a balanced diet.
Look at a food chart and stick to it. Possibly print one out.
Kittenchan18

next. dont count calories ( thats just stupid, and it could make you regret it)

You're kidding, right? Stay under 2000 a day, it's definitely worthwhile to keep a loose idea of how much you take in. I'm not saying that you absolutely count every single calorie, but you do have to keep track.

electric purple fog
Some easy things to do:

x ___ x that's all!

Or you could just exercise 30 minutes a day, which will kick your metabolism up enough that your body will digest what you eat faster while you, say, sleep, than being awake on a day when you don't exercise.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff