Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hygienic Smoker

3,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
after some ****** stole my bike i was pretty sad tbh.
Antidepressants do not do much for people with clinical depression, or major depressive disorder. I hope you're seeing your therapist regularly and doing any homework he/she assigns. Therapy is said to have positive outcomes for treating depression.

Distinct Poster

Jesse Troy
Everyone has felt depressed.
Suck it up and change your life if you don't like it.
He is clinically depressed. It's not as easy as "Change your life if you don't like it." neutral

Shirtless Exhibitionist

life gets better hun ^^ ive suffered with depression on and off for years. it used to piss me off so much when people would tell me to just get up and do something about it...because.. thats kinda impossible when ur so down. I was put on multiple medications and only felt worse each time....but when i started working out daily and became a vegetarian it helped a lot. Keeping myself focused on a simple goal of just getting up in the morning and going with a friend to work out helped so much. U just gotta find something that will help u relieve some of that stress =) and keep in mind that u are in charge of your emotions and no1 can make u feel down but u ^^ try to focus on helping those around u and keep strong! Things will get better =) ill keep you in my thoughts! *hugs*

9,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Gender Swap 100
I was diagnosed with depression, social anxiety, and general anxiety when I was 14 but now I'm learning about hypothyroidism and it's symptoms include the above and also forgetting things, difficulty concentrating, irritability, "brain fog", trouble concentrating, sluggishness, constant fatigue
I have all the other symptoms too so I'm being tested for it, I mention that because a ton of people have it apparently but most aren't diagnosed. I've suffered for almost 6 years with depression and other symptoms so I know how you're feeling
Anything particularly upsetting/annoying/stressful going on in your life?

Familiar Friend

6,825 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Friendly 100
I was depressed for awhile

it started when i was like 7 but you dont consider it depression because being a child/teen can get hard or SEEM hard. But i was still to young for that sort of thing.
It wasn't my fault back then, i was taking medication for my epilepsy and the drug made me a social retard, anxious and depressed.
I was taking it for years and people thought i was just a teen. I thought i was too
When i went to a doctor he finally said (by age 16) that i was clinically depressed and needed to get off the meds because that was the cause.
I later developed cance (which i gone for now) and had to take MORE meds whilst the others were still there...that was 23(x2) pills a day not including shots.

It tool a few years to come off the depression zone but i'll never forget it...i saw everything so dark and there was nothing fun about anything.
When people who have known me before and after the depression they say i'm like i used to be.

I dont know what i was like before but now i can laugh and smile about everything because it's so much to take in...so much i missed

This year (actually a few days ago) I got into a car accident and my leg is not the same..i can walk but i'll need some rehab....
you'd think i'd be back in my cold zone but i am just too afraid to go back...

I'm down to around 12 pill a day and half are to keep the depression at bay...the most darkest thought i have to face now are that maybe i'm not a happy person, maybe i'm just sad and always at an all time low...

i'm taking those pills because the first ones i took made the effects permanent...so now i dont know who i really am...or how long this "happiness will last"
I only know that i cant not take the pills..i'll be taking them for the rest of my life

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff