Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blitzkrieg Beauty
No, it's a cry for attention, usually from sad teenagers who can't deal with their problems.

As a former cutter, I can easily prove you wrong. NOT ALL CUTTERS CUT FOR GOD DAMN ATTENTION! GET THAT OUT OF YOUR HEAD! I cut simply because I felt I deserved the same pain I inflicted upon someone else. No one knew about it (adult wise). Only a few of my closets friends knew about it and it was never mentioned. I DID NOT CUT FOR ATTENTION! I did it for years. I hurt my boyfriend terribly, cut too deep. Accidently did something so terrible to a live creature, cut even deeper. That was the last blood drawn cut I have ever done. It made me realize what I was doing. Too deep. My uncle did eventually find out and he helped me finish off my 'recovery'. None of this was due to me needing attention... and I never got any either.
Truth be told, this is an incredibly stupid topic to be debating on. Yes, we all have our opinions about this but if we all step back and look they're not all that different. I think everyone is only flaming, arguing, debating, because someone insulted someone else's lifestyle/ex-lifestyle.

I used to cut and I must admit I did it partly for the attention (some of the time cuts were clearly visible on the back of my hands), but the rest of the time I enjoyed the endorphin release after the periods of heavy depression.

My main opinion is that nobody should be debating on this. IF ALL CUTTERS WERE THE SAME NOBODY WOULD BE ARGUING.

That's all I had to say. smile
I used to cut a lot because I was really depressed for a long time.
I eventually got over it.
Personally there are better ways to deal with it.
Take it from me. "/
you may divert your attention/problems on cutting for 2 hours max.
after the endorphin release, what will happen?
cut yourself again the next day?
isn't it pointless and so irritatingly retarded to do so?
cutting yourself only means that you don't respect yourself, and if that's the case, how can you expect others to respect you?

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Quote:
you may divert your attention/problems on cutting for 2 hours max.
after the endorphin release, what will happen?
cut yourself again the next day?
isn't it pointless and so irritatingly retarded to do so?
cutting yourself only means that you don't respect yourself, and if that's the case, how can you expect others to respect you?

I honestly agree with you but just because you're against it doesn't mean everyone is. There's a thing called 'Acceptance' and we should all have it.

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
*Dances around in the open space*

mrgreen
I only cut my wrist today, to give me somthing to focus on. I was getting really distracted from my school work, I doubt any one else does it to focus, we're all differn't.

Romantic Seeker

5,100 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
As someone who has been cutting for almost a decade now, it is different for everyone. My reasons were that I had no where to turn to deal with all the problems I was having. Depression and dealing with suicidal thoughts and actions, and the kicker was that no one was seeing it. I didn't tell anyone about my cutting untill roughly a year or so ago, and even then it was isolated to two people. My best friend and my pastor. Both are fabulous and I can proudly say it has been 5 months since the last time I made myself bleed.

Yes, I belive that you should stop, but I also understand that it's not always that simple... I struggled with stopping for over a year...

And I do know somone who used to cut to focus smile You're not alone smile
Wow dependency on cutting for .. focus. Never would have considered that one.
There are many reasons someone may choose to cut.
For me it all just depends.
Sometimes it feels like i need it whether anything has happened, other times it may be depression. Though it is also distracting and it gives the adrenalin rush which is awesome - not encouraging anyone to cut for that -
I would agree, i does help focus.
you might as well be saying "i dont know why people make such a big deal out of chugging draino"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff