Welcome to Gaia! ::

What crunchy things are you looking to get more into in 2013?

Eating healthier 0.465 46.5% [ 93 ]
Buying local 0.045 4.5% [ 9 ]
Recycling 0.045 4.5% [ 9 ]
Using less fossil fuels 0.045 4.5% [ 9 ]
DIY & upcyling 0.21 21.0% [ 42 ]
Activism 0.08 8.0% [ 16 ]
Other stuff (post your alternatives!) 0.11 11.0% [ 22 ]
Total Votes:[ 200 ]

I want three most.

Todd said something about six.

HA.
><
rayne - SIX?? eek

Sparkly Gekko

Rayne...beat him...
User Image

My parents wanted 24 kids....yes, I typed that right. They probably could have done it too if they hadn't run out of money after the first 3. sweatdrop They were 17 and 18 when they got married....then ended up having 5 total by age 36.

User Image

Sparkly Gekko

Spider: O.O...that is all...
gonk

And I thought six was bad.
gonk
SpiderMum
User Image

Gabbie - Welcome to the thread! I'm Kim and I have a 16-month-old nursling. I can't wait for 18-months! That's a big milestone for me. biggrin

User Image

Oh it definitely is. I love nursing but part of me is ready to be done. I've been a milk mom for the last 4 years almost with only a 3 months break between lactating. But being period free for much of the time has been super nice. Congrats on the 16 months. It isn't easy.

6,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
.. I'm really really trying to nurse my daughter until she is atleast 6 months. Right now she is 3 months and I'm suddenly not producing enough for her. Every where I read says to just nurse more, but Alaina (my daughter) won't nurse anymore because I'm not producing enough so she get frustrated.

Has anyone had this problem? What did you do?
PishPoshLaGosh
.. I'm really really trying to nurse my daughter until she is atleast 6 months. Right now she is 3 months and I'm suddenly not producing enough for her. Every where I read says to just nurse more, but Alaina (my daughter) won't nurse anymore because I'm not producing enough so she get frustrated.

Try Fenugreek pills that you can get at GNC, and eat lots of oatmeal. Look on kellymom, they have a lot of info about not producing enough. I nursed whenever I could, but I co-slept so my kids were always on the boob it seemed.
PishPoshLaGosh

I found Brazil nuts made my supply BOOM. eek

Beloved Sex Symbol

Hi I'm new and would like to ask a few questions so I know what to do when I have my children.

I have very large breasts and I know they will get bigger. What would be an easier way to feed them then the normal way?

And how long would be acceptible for breastfeeding them?
SpiderMum
User Image

My parents wanted 24 kids....yes, I typed that right. They probably could have done it too if they hadn't run out of money after the first 3. sweatdrop They were 17 and 18 when they got married....then ended up having 5 total by age 36.

User Image

Your parents are Quiverfulls? gonk

6,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Thank you both I do intend on trying both of those suggestions. For those pills do you have to get a perscription?
SpiderMum
User Image

Panties - I'm curious, what inspired you to relactate? Not trying to be snarky, but the way...just curious. I think it's awesome that you're trying!

User Image

But the way what?

Before it was kind of a chore, I liked it but sometimes it became a chore. But then I was really sick for most of November and then a little in the beginning of December. When I was better I realized how much I missed it. Plus, I'm too poor to afford formula much longer. sweatdrop
PishPoshLaGosh
Thank you both I do intend on trying both of those suggestions. For those pills do you have to get a perscription?

Nope you can go to a general health store and pick 'em up easy. If that doesn't work I think a doctor can prescribe you something to help. Not so sure about that though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff