Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hey there, LI. Obviously, I'm on a mule.

I have a question. I will give you a scenario. Picture this: an elderly man, in his 60-70s, fully dressed. A young girl, near 8 years old, fully dressed. The girl is lying on the edge of the bed. The man is leaning over her, his groin thrust out into her crotch. His genitals (to be specific, erect p***s) is pushed against the region of her v****a, and she can clearly feel it. He rubs it against her. Remember, clothes are still intact.

... Can this account for child sexual abuse? Can this man be arrested if proven guilty for this act?

Thank you.

EDIT: For those of you who answered yes, and any others who would like to help, here are a few more details:

- At the time, the girl had no idea what he was doing.
- The memory of the incident is clear and crisp, everything else (like how she got there, what she did before, what she did after, etc.) is fuzzy.
- The girl had disregarded/forgotten this memory until she learned of child sexual abuse in psychology class. (an example of regression, according to Freud?)
- He would do this multiple times to her.
- The man currently lives on the other side of the world from the girl.
- The man is her grandfather.
- She is NOT permanently scarred from this incident, strangely. It is, however, a very very unpleasant memory.

And I am not trolling. I was genuinely curious. I never really associated this with sexual abuse, until now.
YES.

STOP THAT s**t NOW.
Yes that is abuse. Call the fuzz.
Yes, that's child sexual abuse, and that man needs to be arrested. No question.
OK, two things are gonna happen. You are going to explain why the hell you would post that here, and congress is gona pass a law to kill ***** like him. RIDICULOUS burning_eyes
ok first of all are you seriously stupid, this cant be a serious question of course it is you reject evil
Thats disturbing
CALL THE COPS!
Yes. Call the police and report it, now.

Friendly Hoarder

9,700 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
It is sexual misconduct with a minor, which is child abuse. Because of the age difference, it is definately a felony too. However, I think that this question didn't need asked, because something like this is clearly a form of abuse. If there is proof of this occuring it should be taken to law enforcement.
Mkay, for those of you who said "yes" (most), I've posted more details of said scenario.

And yeah, most of you guessed right, that IS a memory from my past.

However, I will NOT call the police, as many are suggesting. I merely wanted to know others opinion on terminology and crime. I do have strong and harsh feelings against my grandfather, but he is very old now and deserves some peace in his last years of life. Besides, he's going to die soon anyway, so why bother with prison? I am too late. xp
I do think it counts as sexual abuse; it's a sexual act with a minor who, at that age, cannot fully know what is going on.

I do think getting the man prosecuted would be difficult, since details are fuzzy and there's no real proof; however, if proof was found, the man would be guilty of sexual abuse.
Oh, well.. with those details that changes a lot of things lol. I still think that's a horrible thing to do to a child, but if you're okay, and it's in the past and you're willing to forgive, and forget.. more power to you. That's very, very humble of you.
Yes, it is sexual abuse. The man had revealed his genitals to the girl AND acted out an imitation of ******** the girl. Dry humping. Even more so to a minor. So yes, it is considered a sexual assault on a minor.
The memories that you are being curious about are called suppressed memories.
Here is a bit about suppressed/repressed memories. People handle painful situations in different ways. Some people repress or block out painful memories, which may be what you are describing. There is no correct answer as to whether remembering these painful situations will be of help to you. Many people theorize that repressed memories affect us unconsciously on a daily basis, and may interfere with relationships and aspirations. These theorists suggest that once the memories are recalled, they can be discussed and resolved, and therefore no longer have a negative impact on one’s life
pyrolila
Mkay, for those of you who said "yes" (most), I've posted more details of said scenario.

And yeah, most of you guessed right, that IS a memory from my past.

However, I will NOT call the police, as many are suggesting. I merely wanted to know others opinion on terminology and crime. I do have strong and harsh feelings against my grandfather, but he is very old now and deserves some peace in his last years of life. Besides, he's going to die soon anyway, so why bother with prison? I am too late. xp

WHY Why would you put that smiley there? Thats not funny. Not at all. And NO ONE is to old for prison if they deserve it. scream gonk scream

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff