Welcome to Gaia! ::

I have a step dad and step bro in the house, Everyday my mother cook something and Guess who have to do freakin dang dishes????? ME!!!! Literly i wash dishes everyday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All my step brother do is play on his computer and do computer work, UM HELLO STEP BRO DO FREAKIN DISHES!!!!! Seriously His 24 years old!!! WTF??? This is all my Step father fault HE NEVER TRAIN HIS SON TO CLEAN HOUSE OR DO DISHES!!!!! THat's F**Ked up literly, oh yeah did i mention HE doesn't have a job!!!! How pathetic is that. I'm pissed that my step dad and step bro doesn't do dishes and i ABSOLUTELY HATE IT WHEN I HAVE TO DANG DISHES!!!! oh yea i'm 19 years old. GOD can my life suck???????????????????????????
Why can my step dad and step DO SOMETHING INSTEAD OF GOLF AND COMPUTER!!!!!!!!
ONLY TWO PEOPLE WORK IS me and my mother No one else. Why can't my step bro and step dad change SERIOUSLY!!!!! My problem is it's guys DONT DO s**t!!!! and ladys Do HOUSE WORK WTF??????
Have a family meeting.

If your family is too dysfunctional to have one, then you're ******** and might as well just move out.

You're 19. You're a big girl. Move out on your own. If you have a job you should be able to support yourself enough to pay rent and buy food.

Unless you're paying rent to your parents, you shouldn't complain that you're asked to do chores. Really, washing dishes isn't bad at all. I cook AND do the dishes.

What ethnicity are you? Some cultures still hold that the women are supposed to do the housework, while the men don't have that obligation. If it's a societal/cultural norm in your nationality/ethnicity, and your mom and step-dad both feel that way, it's unlikely that you can change that all by yourself. It may seem unfair, but all you can do is either put up with it, discuss it calmly and rationally with your parents, or move out.
put your foot down. tell them that you expect equal share of work in the house and let them know that if it doesn't happen within a couple weeks, you'll stop doing anything. see how long they last then.

my sister and i had a four week stand off one time about who was going to do the dishes. in the end we decided to just do them together, swapping off who would wash and who would wipe. it worked well eventually.
If you don't have to buy or cook the food, you're still a step up on people who have to buy, cook, eat, and clean. I think you've got it ok, they're just dishes. Maybe buy a dishwasher, save yourself some time. Or buy yourself paper plates, then all you have to do is the pots.

4,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Consumer 100
Hey i'm a guy and i do house work. But your dtep dad and bro does sound pretty pathetic tho. And since you're 19 shouldn't you be in college?

6,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Profitable 100
Stop bitching and move out.
ChandaPanda123
Banditkiller015
Hey i'm a guy and i do house work. But your dtep dad and bro does sound pretty pathetic tho. And since you're 19 shouldn't you be in college?

I was suppose to but I don't have a CAR!!!! and i don't have my liesence and i have Autism, i'm not mentally retarted ( god i hate that word). I think my half parents are busy for paying off their debt. Money mismangement i would say.
ChandaPanda123

I'm not bitching!!! how would you feel if your step dad and bro doesn't do house work? How would you react to that? huh??? Would you like to be in my position here, cus i don't mind be my guess. You would HATE IT TO!!!
Liliya_Mingi88
Banditkiller015

I was suppose to but I don't have a CAR!!!! and i don't have my liesence and i have Autism, i'm not mentally retarted ( god i hate that word). I think my half parents are busy for paying off their debt. Money mismangement i would say.

ya know, in most towns where there's a college, there's a bus system, get a friggin bike and take the bus, it's not that hard.
tell your step dad and brother that they need to start helping out around the house, like have one of them do the dishes every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. if they don't like it, then you will leave their dirty dishes to the side and let them mold over until they do them.
Well, I can certainly understand your frustration with the situation, it can and should be changed. Yet, the only person who might have the power to change it is your mother. She would have to step up, and have a family talk about sharing duties.

On the other hand, you could just refuse to do the dishes, and handle it yourself. I would suggest that this issue is spoken about with a very calm collective voice, but firm and resolute. Not knowing how to do something is a very lame excuse.

Times have changed for most of us, for the better of both of the sexes. My wife and I, share all of the tasks in the house, not only cooking and dishes. If she cooks, I clean up, or I cook and she cleans up.

Some people are stuck in there feelings about housework being a "woman" only job....Sad to say, but very true. I know some guys that would never help any kind of house work at all.

I think it's time for the guys to help out, or the cooking and cleaning, etc... can come to a complete stop. smile

User Image
i have the same dellima

but how i solved it is i DO THE ******** DISHES and i DONT ******** COMPLAIN jesus christ...

if your 19 cant get a car and autistic...:

1) wtf does autism have to do with it

2)get a damn dorm

3) really your ******** 19 solve your own damn problems
xXCalosisXx
i have the same dellima

but how i solved it is i DO THE ******** DISHES and i DONT ******** COMPLAIN jesus christ...

if your 19 cant get a car and autistic...:

1) wtf does autism have to do with it

2)get a damn dorm

3) really your ******** 19 solve your own damn problems

I don't like your comment, screw you!!!!!!
Calosis
Well, I can certainly understand your frustration with the situation, it can and should be changed. Yet, the only person who might have the power to change it is your mother. She would have to step up, and have a family talk about sharing duties.

On the other hand, you could just refuse to do the dishes, and handle it yourself. I would suggest that this issue is spoken about with a very calm collective voice, but firm and resolute. Not knowing how to do something is a very lame excuse.

Times have changed for most of us, for the better of both of the sexes. My wife and I, share all of the tasks in the house, not only cooking and dishes. If she cooks, I clean up, or I cook and she cleans up.

Some people are stuck in there feelings about housework being a "woman" only job....Sad to say, but very true. I know some guys that would never help any kind of house work at all.

I think it's time for the guys to help out, or the cooking and cleaning, etc... can come to a complete stop. smile

User Image

Now i like your comment alot better!!! i'll try to talk to my step dad or bro out if THEY listen to me, which i hightly doubt they will. I am going to talk it out with my mom first and then my step dad. But last time my step dad help my mother he act like immature adult who just doesn't want to do stuff. Even my mom mention that he is a bas**erd!!! Go mom their. Seriouly the guy doesn't even watch his own little one. That's how selfish he really is. I can try.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff