Welcome to Gaia! ::

Borg

Before anything else, I want to wish everyone a warm and very merry Christmas, Saturnalia, and Yule. Currently cozy in bed with a mug of warm coffee listening to Tim Curry's excellent reading of "A Christmas Carol".*

I've been sick for weeks, and I haven't done anything for the holidays this year. I feel awful, but most my IRL friends and family have also been under the weather, so we've decided to reschedule for sometime in January or February, lol. With a schedule like that, maybe I'll get some cards made (and even send them out, lol).

It sucks. I was feeling really Christmas-y back in November for a bit, and I had hoped I would pull it together to do some stuff. Not even going to get up by the base today

I used to decorate up fancy the first couple of years on my own, but work either gets super crazy in December or non-existent (like this year). If it's crazy, I miss the holidays and if I have too much free time, I start to get freaked about paying bills. Ugh...adulthood.

Just the same, I love this time of year still. There's something about the lights, the familiar stories, connecting with people, and giving gifts I find deeply affecting.

So, hugs to all here. Thank you for another year of silliness and conversation.

*That version is wonderful, but ends during the Ghost of Christmas Present's visit. Here's a nice reading of the full story, however.
I don't usually do much for Christmas. I consider it a normal day at best, nothing special. I am spending the day at a relative's house, so it provides an extra flavor, if that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff