5,025 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
Daereth
magefeathers
Daereth
Yagermiester
I think religion is also completely ignorant of science. And believers of faith choose not to seek the truth.
Historically it has been at least partially religious motives that brought about knowledge, some of which is still used today.
Religions seek a different truth than science, but most people refuse to accept that much.
And certain scientific theories are just as easily coined as beliefs since they're just something you have to accept and assume that what's given to you is proof.
Macro-evolution can't be proven without a doubt since the theory in itself would suggest that macro-evolution takes thousands to millions of years.

User Image

And how old do you think the universe is? 2,000 years old? Life on Earth has had 600 MILLION years to perfect themselves, and we're changing everyday.

Do I look like a guy with a plan?

I never denied the plausibility of evolution, I denied the plausibility of proof beyond a doubt, at least in the near future.
As far as I care, the current state of the theory of evolution is about as plausible as someone saying all those animals were plopped onto the planet.
User Image

Touchee, but by that same coin, nothing can truly be proven. Of course, as stated before, there are so many 'transition' fossils and animals between fish going to reptiles (amphibians), and then the reptiles going to birds and then reptiles to mammals. I'm not sure what more proof is really needed. -shrug- But hey, your beliefs, not mine.

I believe in both. I believe God created the world (The Christian God) and The Big Bang and Evolution were the tools he decided to use to do it. He set it into motion. The two the idea that God called the world into being and the fact that people and animals evolved from a common ancestor do not HAVE to conflict with one another...
I believe God created the world and everything.
: D

Don't start pounding on me just because i don't agree with the rest of you people.
=="
I'm a firm believer in Evolution.
chinese_elfii

Don't start pounding on me just because i don't agree with the rest of you people.
=="

I love how you got REAL defensive even though no one said anything to you, LOL...
evolution makes too much sense not to believe in it and MOST xtains are content to be completely ignorent of it. i'm an atheist...i think man created god in his image
Ky-Kiske101
chinese_elfii

=="

I love how you got REAL defensive even though no one said anything to you, LOL...

then that would mean this isn't the first time ive posted in this kind of forum
I think you mean "Creationism", not "Christianity", OP.

I believe in Intelligent Design. God created the Universe and all life in it in a basic form and then nudged it to evolve.
Evolution was here before Christianity. :l
I believe in creation! Umm...about the comment that Christians could believe in evolution... sweatdrop that's irony because they're like...opposites. Anyways, I believe and will ALWAYS believe that God created us...I don't know much about evolution, but it's kinda sad that people could believe that they evolved from...monkeys...right...It's just impossible to believe that there wasn't anything beyond an explosion that created our world...Well, isn't it hard to believe that everything beautiful in our world was created by chance? Be logical...
magefeathers
Daereth
magefeathers
Daereth
Yagermiester
I think religion is also completely ignorant of science. And believers of faith choose not to seek the truth.
Historically it has been at least partially religious motives that brought about knowledge, some of which is still used today.
Religions seek a different truth than science, but most people refuse to accept that much.
And certain scientific theories are just as easily coined as beliefs since they're just something you have to accept and assume that what's given to you is proof.
Macro-evolution can't be proven without a doubt since the theory in itself would suggest that macro-evolution takes thousands to millions of years.

User Image

And how old do you think the universe is? 2,000 years old? Life on Earth has had 600 MILLION years to perfect themselves, and we're changing everyday.

I never denied the plausibility of evolution, I denied the plausibility of proof beyond a doubt, at least in the near future.
As far as I care, the current state of the theory of evolution is about as plausible as someone saying all those animals were plopped onto the planet.
User Image

Touchee, but by that same coin, nothing can truly be proven. Of course, as stated before, there are so many 'transition' fossils and animals between fish going to reptiles (amphibians), and then the reptiles going to birds and then reptiles to mammals. I'm not sure what more proof is really needed. -shrug- But hey, your beliefs, not mine.

The problem is primarily the approach. The fossils are being looked at under the assumption of evolutionary theory, so that any alternative possibility for why such fossils exist doesn't seem to be thoroughly explored. If the fossils were analyzed from a purely objective manner with no ulterior motive in mind, the association with evolution would not be so readily forthcoming. Ideally, whether their true intention or not, believers of intelligent design at least providing an alternative, and generally just as feasible theory to evolution. The difference being that the ulterior motive is different, one is to qualify evolutionary theory and the other is to qualify religious belief.

To make light of it, if extraterrestrials arrived and told us they deposited all life on Earth as it was and those transition fossils were actually creatures that existed along with everything else, who would we be to deny such claims?

As far as personal belief goes, I really don't care. Whether creationism or macro-evolution is accurate, it won't challenge my own perception of the world.
I'm a Christian biology teacher who teaches and believes in evolution.
I'm agnostic and believe that a higher force could exist...but I most definitely believe in evolution, it makes sense. I don't really believe the Jewish/Christian/Muslim god exists.
i believe that humans created a god to explain what they could not, and to feel more content about a purpose in life. science now explains some, so i think it is overall more logical. and yes, we also created science, but at least it wasn't blind faith. things are manipulated over time, so why believe something just because someone told you (and the bible could have been written by anyone with influence)? i know the only way many of us know science is through textbooks, therefore we we told this too, but when i think science through, it just seems to make scence to me...therefore i go with it. although overall, i think our knowledge does have a limit, and that how the earth was created might to completely different than anything we have thought of.

also, if there is a god, why does it have to be a human man? there are trillions of animals on this planet...the god that many humans worship just happens to be human?

and (last thing) some that believe in a god think other ways that humans might have been created is impossible...but, if other ways don't apply to humans, what applies to this god? and don't just say that he has always been there, because then why haven't humans just always have been here? for a god to make any scence, then the god must have been created by another god, and so on. and if this god wasn't created by another, then why did we have to be created by a god?

so sorry for the extremely long post! redface
I think that Darwin and Jesus could go hand in hand if both sides weren't so stubborn. It's like that Dr. Seuss book, where those two people wouldn't move because they didn't want to falter from their path.
I'm not religious either. I'm kind of tired of both of them bitching.
I believe in Evolution. It just makes more sense to me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff