Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Guildswoman

10,500 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Generous 100
Attention gardeners! Just a friendly reminder to start your seedlings indoors now if you want long and early blooming flowers! gaia_kittenstar

I am starting a Guild for all the nature loving gaians! (I'm only starting one because I couldn't find an already established guild) Come to discuss seedlings, flowers, trees, creative garden ideas, animal conservation, pet problems, plant problems, favorite animals, and plants! And post lots of pictures of pets, plants, flowers, animals, and your creative gardens! emotion_yatta

I just hope I'm not the only nature crazy gaian on Gaia emotion_bigheart

Tipsy Kitten

I prefer houseplants

Beloved Guildswoman

10,500 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Generous 100
Toki Bird
I prefer houseplants

Everyone has their prefrance, what's your favorite house plant? Ivy? Orchids? Corn tree thing?

Magnetic Sex Symbol

I plan on planting tomatoes this spring/summer, but first I need to fence off the area to keep my dogs out. Otherwise they will feast and I will not have any tomatoes left.

I usually just buy the already sprouted ones at the store. They are super cheap.

Tipsy Kitten

TessTheWitch
Toki Bird
I prefer houseplants

Everyone has their prefrance, what's your favorite house plant? Ivy? Orchids? Corn tree thing?

I collect orchids and have a variety of plants.
A schefflera, rabbits foot fern, spider plants, and a variety of succulents. Oh and a cactus.

Borg

TessTheWitch

Heavens, no! heart

The guild sounds like a great idea. What are you starting now? I'm Zone 5 here.

Beloved Guildswoman

10,500 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Generous 100
Toki Bird
TessTheWitch
Toki Bird
I prefer houseplants

A schefflera, rabbits foot fern, spider plants, and a variety of succulents. Oh and a cactus.

Oooh! Such a lovely variety! (My grandma kills all her orchids, I haven't tried them yet)

Beloved Guildswoman

10,500 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Generous 100
raggedy grrl
TessTheWitch

Heavens, no! heart

The guild sounds like a great idea. What are you starting now? I'm Zone 5 here.

Oh yay! I'm in central america time zone I think?? I live in Texas. I won't be making the guil till the morning. I'm currently typing up a description and introduction, and some basic rules of kindness. I hope there are many more nature lovers! The love I feel for plants and animals is unparalleled! (I like more plants than I do people emotion_kirakira )

Beloved Guildswoman

10,500 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Generous 100
AraTeran
I plan on planting tomatoes this spring/summer, but first I need to fence off the area to keep my dogs out. Otherwise they will feast and I will not have any tomatoes left.

I usually just buy the already sprouted ones at the store. They are super cheap.

I never understood dogs fascination with tomatoes before my collie mix passed away (two years ago bless my Peobe) she loved to take my tomatoes! My grandfather's dog never touched them, but she would steal them off the plant or window sill and disappear with them, I not even sure she ate them. For early harvest and sweet tomatoes water them with 3 tablespoons of sugar once a week. They say that's a myth but it is great for the soil (I swear my tomatoes were sweeter but it could have been the type of tomato XD )

Tipsy Kitten

TessTheWitch
AraTeran

I never understood dogs fascination with tomatoes before my collie mix passed away (two years ago bless my Peobe) she loved to take my tomatoes! My grandfather's dog never touched them, but she would steal them off the plant or window sill and disappear with them, I not even sure she ate them. For early harvest and sweet tomatoes water them with 3 tablespoons of sugar once a week. They say that's a myth but it is great for the soil (I swear my tomatoes were sweeter but it could have been the type of tomato XD )

tomatoes are really bad for dogs.

Tipsy Kitten

TessTheWitch
Toki Bird
TessTheWitch
Toki Bird
I prefer houseplants

Oooh! Such a lovely variety! (My grandma kills all her orchids, I haven't tried them yet)

I find them incredibly easy to grow.

all of my phals have reflowered and my oldest one has twice, my oncidium and dendrobiums haven't yet though.

Borg

TessTheWitch
AraTeran

I've never run into this with dogs, but I had to arm wrestle chipmunks for every tomato I picked last summer.

I went from thinking they were cute to considering making them into a fur coat (I wouldn't, but I was seriously aggravated...they dug in everything).*

*Weirdly, the chipmunks were absolutely the worst on my dill. Maybe they were making pickles?

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
All my houseplants kicked the bucket this winter, I think there wasn't enough sun. I had mums and an amaryllis and four basil seedlings. I still have two basil seedlings, but the outlook is bleak for them if the sun doesn't come back sad they're not growing very well.

I'm in Illinois, with one big south facing window. I think it's a bit early to start seeds here. But I'd like to join a garden guild if you do start one. My parents and I have a huge veggie garden for canning every summer, and I'd love tips smile

Hygienic Regular

The title of this thread makes it sound like you are arranging some sort of great gardener uprising and it made me smile

User Image

Beloved Guildswoman

10,500 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Generous 100
Professor Peristeronic
The title of this thread makes it sound like you are arranging some sort of great gardener uprising and it made me smile

User Image

Yes!! Its time for us gardeners and nature lovers to rise up and dominate Mahahaha heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff