Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greedy Bear

People get the two confused so much, it drives me insane. I'm Athiest, most in my town have no issue with it. But this one group belive that Atheism is the same as Satanism, I'm trying to get them to understand that WE ARE DIFFERENT. I have no problem with what others belive, so why do some of you hate me so much because I'm different? Answer this: Your Christian, you go to India for a vacation, but you get to preach about God, but the Hindus belive in Bhudda and Shiva, do you call them retarded? I see nothing wrong with the way I think and the way you think, so why can't we all just live together?

6,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
...People actually confuse the two where you are.
Huh.
You're not going to convince zealots that anyone but someone of their own group could be leading a perfectly acceptable life style.

Some have just as much hatred to alternate christian practices as they do to other religions (or lack there of).

If your not with us, your against us (and, in this case, a minion of satan. Which does add to the dramatic effect)
People where you live are dumb.

Also, you sound more agnostic to me.
I'm not an Athiest but I srsly wouldn't say that athiests worship satan. That's just stupid.
Satanism is NOT worshipping Satan. It is the practice of worshipping YOURSELF. It is the belief that you are the center of your own universe.

It's called Satanism because it has been known to "oppose Christianity". Get it?
Bonesie
Satanism is NOT worshipping Satan. It is the practice of worshipping YOURSELF. It is the belief that you are the center of your own universe.

It's called Satanism because it has been known to "oppose Christianity". Get it?

i was going to say that!!! XD
it's a 'religion' that is egoistic, that's why i don't like it at all
Damn right!

Satanism is worshipping satan (Duh!)
Shogun-Guard
Damn right!

Satanism is worshipping satan (Duh!)

no it isn't, they don't even believe in him. go search on google or wikipedia if you want...
If you believe in Satan then you believe there's a God... So yah, Satanism and Atheism are miles apart!
The people who don't know the difference a lickle bit silly me thinks

xxx
I'm atheistic, too. I just can't believe in something whose existence hasn't been proved in a scientific way. rolleyes And I sometimes have issues with some hardcore believers, 'specially if they're trying to convert me. That's when I get mad.

But about satanism... It's pretty funny that Finnish is possibly the only language where satanism doesn't mean worshipping Satan. We talk about satanistics and Satan worshippers. Satanistics are just people who don't believe in God but in something else and Satan worshippers, well they are just what the name says. But still, those two terms get mixed up easily here. >___> Annoys me greatly.
o.o
I've never seen Athiests and Satanists confused..
I've never heard of anyone confusing the two, though I have the same problem with people confusing Wicca for Satanism. They don't get that Wiccan's don't even believe in a "Satan".

It all goes back to the point that someone else made that if it isn't what they believe in, then it's obviously "devil worship"
it sounds likt people around you are retards, welcome to the world have a cookie.

though some satanists do worship satan, its the church of satan people that worships themselves. both seem just as stupud as any else's imaginary freinds.
like not likt

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces