Welcome to Gaia! ::

I used to hate the thought of Arranged Marriage. Then I saw the film Monsoon Wedding. I know it sounds weird but one of the characters says, "Marriage is always a risk." That put things into perspective for me, half of all marriages end in divorce because people don't really understand what they are getting into. With an arranged marriage you know from the start, I'm not saying that it's perfect. I know there are horror stories involved with arranged marriages, but are they any more horrible than the horror stories surrounding marriages of choice.

7,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
I'd run away from home and live with a friend or my bf.
Arranged marrages happen in the south as well. I've seen websites where a man can pay cash to get the consent from the parets to marry an underage girl. Their are laws against selling your daughter, but nothing about selling consent to marry your daughter. (Here, you can get married at any age, as long as your parents give their consent).
It's sickening.
Simple, I'd run off and marry my wonderful boyfriend before they had the chance. Then I'd bring him home and rub it in their faces.

With that said, I have to say, no matter how old or traditional the practice is, selling your daughter just disgusting.
as long as the dudes nice and hot lol 4laugh
I think its disgusting, but only if its forced. I would never do it myself, but I respect girls who trust their parents enough to find them a good husband. Some of my friends are Indian, and they say they would rather have an arranged marriage than just date around, as they think their parents know best.
Simple. I wouldn't do it. I have NO desire to ever be married.

Sparkly Lunatic

14,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Object of Affection 150
I'm already married to the person I love so I don't think I'd want it any other way.
nope i think I'd be pissed I'd run away with my sexy Brandon
******** no, I'd just try to arrange some form of negotiation if we're forced to cohabit.

"Alright, let's just commit adultery on eachother. You can bring home your ******** buddies and I'll bring home mine. Hell, we can even share if ya like. Oh, and don't you DARE eat any of my ******** food. We'll have seperate cuboards for our stashes, m'kay?"

And what will we do when the parents decide to visit? Act normal. Cuddle, kiss and all that revolting s**t in an effort to convince them we secretely love eachother when we don't and actually hate their guts for pushing us into something like this.

At least there'd be the financial benefits. After all, most arranged marriages take place supposedly for that purpose.
No way that is too weird for me (in a cultural sense).

Not trying to say bad things about the way things are done in other cultures... just not my bag of tea
I don't believe in it.
WhiteRiceNinja
Would you ever consider getting one? They're actually still quite common in other countries, but not so much in the United States. What would you do if your parents made you have one?

I'd run away. stare
~ Well I am reading this novel called "Blink" and it is really interesting. About a Saudi Abrabia women who had an arranged bond. But I disaprove and I don't see why you can't choose for yourself. It's like a blind date but worseO.O

And they are married really young and alot of them hate it. I think it is horrible and very wrong

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff