Welcome to Gaia! ::

jacfu
There have always been emo's and goths. They just weren't called that then. The emo band thing is a new label, but Emo bands have been around for years, such as the Cure. There are still hippies, they just are called different things now.

You can't change who you are if that is who you really are. If you grow out of it as an adult then it was never who you really were, just a passing phase. True gamers never stop being gamers and there are guys who roleplay in their 50's. True bikers never stop being bikers and true hippies never stop being hippies. If you are really a goth you are going to stay that way when you are 35. If you are emo, when you are an adult you could very well be the guy in the cubicle painting his nails, looking depressed and wearing his hair over just one eye. It happens, but it's rare. That's because for most people it is just a passing phase.

I think you put it perfectly.
rolleyes
I guess, it does look a bit intresting....but does it really matter?
To some it wouldn't but to others I'm sure it does. Kinda weird question.
asikinari
_Onyx_Blossoms_
I just reliased that I don't think I've seen a emo past their 20s. Are we really going to be the first generation of emos? Their are adult hippies so why not emos? What do you guys think, is there an age that is to old to be emo? I would like emos to write what you think and haters I will probably just ignore.

Oh yeah and can you have curly hair and still look like an emo. I also haven't seen a lot of emos with curly hair.
There are such things as emo bands. Emo songs and all I believe some of the musicians there are bound to be over 20. (Mcr)

Ok, I already posted a reply to this but I wanna say something else.
(((Makes more sense then my other post did)))

Ok, If we are to Call "Emo" Emotional, Then that makes "Emo" music Emotional Music.
All Music is Emotional!
Or at least it's supposed to be.

Another point I want to bring up.
MCR is not "Emo".
I'm Not Gonna rant or anything, but they have said it before, that they are not "Emo".
They very strongly dislike the fact that they are catergorized in "Emo".
URL http://youtube.com/watch?v=CMptnlq1UVc <<Fanmade, Not By Me.

Beloved Vampire

9,350 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Regular 100
I don't think so the oldest emo I ever met was 23 I think
Funny thing about age is that the older you get the older being a real adult gets..
In other words a 15 yearold will say a 25 yearold is an adult where as the 25 yearold will tell you a 35 yearold is a real adult..
I don’t see any real reason why we won’t have adult emos. Just one persons view of old won't be the same as the next. wink
Tute Sweet
lol, of course not!

Such silly little trends are for silly little children.

BAHAHAHAHA!
She served you x3

Newbie Noob

They either grow out of it; or they just tone it down a lot more.
My friend's father is emo. He's in his forties, I think rofl
xBadKatx
No, because once these brats grow up, they realize how dumb they're being and start acting like they've got common sense.

As for why there's adult hippies; could be because everyone alive during the hippie era (50s-60s) would be in their 40s or 50s by now, but don't let easily researched history stand in your way. smile

Emo music started in the 80's, so your last statement isn't valid.

And I think I'd still listen to emo music when I'm an adult.
Just because I'm older doesn't mean my music tastes will change.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff