Welcome to Gaia! ::

Happy with how you look?

Nope 0.43362831858407 43.4% [ 49 ]
YEP! 0.44247787610619 44.2% [ 50 ]
I hate myself =( 0.12389380530973 12.4% [ 14 ]
Total Votes:[ 113 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Most people hate how they look. Generally, they always find at least one major flaw about their physical appearance. It generally ranges from size (too fat, too skinny, size A chest, nose too big) to skin (too oily, too dry, too much acne... etc) or just the shape of the face/body.

Anyone here actually perfectly satisfied with how she/he looks?
(note: if you wear makeup frequently, then the answer should be no)
Well, I'm both secure and insecure, if that makes any sense.

I'm secure enough not to wear any make up to hide scars or acne. But I'm insecure enough to make sure I have clothing to cover my body, mainly my legs. I don't like my legs too much at all... I have a lot of cuts there from shaving that haven't healed all the way. >.<
I generally like how I look. I could stand to lose a little weight for health reasons, but I'm comfortable with me and don't care what others think.
I don't care how I look. I'm not 1000 pounds, and I'm not ubber skinny, like anorexics (no offense) I'm just fine with how I am. Hell, if anything, I fight to keep weight on so I don't get categorized as anorexic. But it also depends on the person's opinion; there's always someone better looking, so why try to be the best?
I'm quite satisfied with how I look. Easily shrugging off the few people who feel the need to inform me that i'm not up to their standards. But then again, i don't spend any real lime stareing at myself in a mirror or anything so what i look like really can't bother me all that much, i'm not the one dealing with looking at me after all.
Utgardhaloki
I'm quite satisfied with how I look. Easily shrugging off the few people who feel the need to inform me that i'm not up to their standards. But then again, i don't spend any real lime stareing at myself in a mirror or anything so what i look like really can't bother me all that much, i'm not the one dealing with looking at me after all.
Exactly. As long as people are fine with themselves, everything's fine. Outer looks don't effect the personality, anyways, right?
I'm surprised most of the responses so far are all positive. With all the "I'm ugly" threads here, I thought I would get bombarded with lists and details why the user considered himself/herself ugly.

It's a good surprise mrgreen
Ugh, ignorance alert.
Makeup does not mean insecure.
You'll learn this when you grow up a bit and get a real job in an industry where a degree of professionalism is required. rolleyes

I'm satisfied with the way I look.
There are things I wish were different, like my uber-sensitive skin for example. It's irritating having pale skin that goes red and blotchy because particles in the air change.
But I'm me, and that's enough.
stripedxsocks
I'm surprised most of the responses so far are all positive. With all the "I'm ugly" threads here, I thought I would get bombarded with lists and details why the user considered himself/herself ugly.

It's a good surprise mrgreen
No kidding. I still don't get why people spaz if they don't look perfect. It would be no fun if we all looked alike, anyways lol
King Precious
Ugh, ignorance alert.
You'll learn this when you grow up a bit and get a real job in an industry where a degree of professionalism is required. rolleyes

There are things I wish were different, like my uber-sensitive skin for example. It's irritating having pale skin that goes red and blotchy because particles in the air change.

I wouldn't consider myself ignorant, but I never did think about makeup being a necessity in the "grown-up" world. I wouldn't consider using makeup as a sign of insecurity, but note how I used the word "frequently." I know a couple of people who can't leave the house without some makeup. One girl can't even go to the store without dabbing something on her face. I guess that's what I was thinking of when I typed in the makeup comment.

I apologize if I sounded ignorant and/or offended you though. sweatdrop
stripedxsocks
King Precious
Ugh, ignorance alert.

I wouldn't consider myself ignorant, but I never did think about makeup being a necessity in the "grown-up" world. I wouldn't consider using makeup as a sign of insecurity, but note how I used the word "frequently." I know a couple of people who can't leave the house without some makeup. One girl can't even go to the store without dabbing something on her face. I guess that's what I was thinking of when I typed in the makeup comment.

I apologize if I sounded ignorant and/or offended you though. sweatdrop

I'm in the media industry, and I basically wouldn't get hired if I showed up wearing no makeup.
In fact, anything higher up than McDonalds probably wouldn't consider a young woman who rocked up with her acne / bags / weird pigmentation out and proud. >_<

I just can't stand the idea that makeup makes a woman 'fake.'
Sorry but I am not happy with the way in which I look.

I need to be fatter, have long blonde hair, big breasts, a v****a and have a female body.

Its nothing much neutral
I think I'm a little pudgy.
I'm kind of happy with the way I look.
Though, I have to loose a few pounds.
You know, I used to never feel good about how I looked, always insecure and scrutinizing every little piece of my body, but I'm a teenage girl, and I think we all do that every once and a while, though some may not admit it. Sometimes I am not pleased with how I look, but when I woke up this morning and my hair was in disarray, I still smiled because I thought I looked cute.

I wouldn't mind loosing a few pounds though, not too much, just a bit.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff