Welcome to Gaia! ::

Besatzer Politik
cuttleskull
Besatzer Politik
cuttleskull
Wigwam the Dodo
girls like us
but that's totally fine!
feminism is about the choice to pursuit any lifestyle with the same possibilities as men.
the reason women fight to be in senate and business occupations is because it's generally a male-dominated occupation and is usually gender-biased.
feminism isn't saying all women have to work in politics.
it's saying that women should be able to have equal chances as men to choose their life, whether it be a stay-at-home mom or be president or be a rocker or a stripper, idk.

feminism is just the notion that women are people and should be treated as such. smile
Then why does the behaviour of feminists differ from this
Why is this mentality not seen to be the face of the movement?
Do you think people have chosen to be prejudiced?
Why is this 'true' definition allowed to take the backseat while the false impostors take up the banner and march under it's name to perpetuate social controls and aggressive female supremacy and simultaneous disempowerment?

Why do you think that when people insist that what you say is the case, that it rings in peoples ears as empty bullshit?
You have to realize, afterall, that you saying this means nothing. It accomplishes nothing, and solves no problems.

because people decide to focus on the radicals.
either way, feminism is black and white. you're either feminist and believe women should have equal rights or you're not feminist and don't believe that (also making you a misogynist).
some men/women kill people, but that doesn't mean you step down from the title. a few blanks don't alter the ultimate goal or meaning.
and you have to realize, afterall, that me saying this means that you have (hopefully) gained some insight onto a controversial topic. or you maintained your backwards-thinking tunnel vision.
but let's not forget that you writing this hasn't accomplished much either. you haven't shot me, nor the movement, down.
cya
How does not being a feminist equate to hating women?
The last time I checked, the only vocal feminists in the west don't want equality; they want special privileges. Are women that disagree with this notion self-hating women?

cry 4 me, papi emotion_drool
Yep that's about what feminists say when confronted with someone that questioned against their beliefs. Not that I really care, I'm neither a woman nor a feminist so I'm not going to have to deal with the political backlash ten years from now when people go, "hey, remember those feminists back in the day? They sure were pretty dumb, lets hope we don't have another movement like that ever again!"

i just dont wanna have 2 repeat myself to a monkey
advantages don't directly translate to privilege
so
cry 4 me papi emotion_drool
Besatzer Politik
cuttleskull
Besatzer Politik
cuttleskull
Besatzer Politik
cuttleskull

either way, feminism is black and white. you're either feminist and believe women should have equal rights or you're not feminist and don't believe that (also making you a misogynist).
some men/women kill people, but that doesn't mean you step down from the title. a few blanks don't alter the ultimate goal or meaning.
and you have to realize, afterall, that me saying this means that you have (hopefully) gained some insight onto a controversial topic. or you maintained your backwards-thinking tunnel vision.
but let's not forget that you writing this hasn't accomplished much either. you haven't shot me, nor the movement, down.
cya
How does not being a feminist equate to hating women?
The last time I checked, the only vocal feminists in the west don't want equality; they want special privileges. Are women that disagree with this notion self-hating women?

Yep that's about what feminists say when confronted with someone that questioned against their beliefs. Not that I really care, I'm neither a woman nor a feminist so I'm not going to have to deal with the political backlash ten years from now when people go, "hey, remember those feminists back in the day? They sure were pretty dumb, lets hope we don't have another movement like that ever again!"

i just dont wanna have 2 repeat myself to a monkey
advantages don't directly translate to privilege
so
cry 4 me papi emotion_drool
There's nothing to repeat, actually. In fact all I ever did was ask you to explain yourself once, which you never did. I mean, you could theoretically persuade me to be a feminist if you explained how not being a feminist = being a misogynist.

no but i already did
so simple
if you're feminist you believe women deserve equal rights as men
if you're not feminist you believe they don't deserve equal rights as men
if you don't believe women deserve equal rights as men that makes you a misogynist
which is not confined to hatred of women
it's also the belief that women are inferior

now
if you still don't get it, pls don't reply
because it's not rocket science
it's the understanding of basic human rights
Yobyaxes U
cuttleskull
Yobyaxes U
cuttleskull
Yobyaxes U
girls like us

cya

Thank you for proving your stupidity.

You're further proving to me that I'm right. Only idiots use the whole "male tears" ad hominem.

You're further proving to me that I'm right. Only idiots use the whole "male tears" ad hominem.

Wigwam the Dodo
Senator Armstrong
Wigwam the Dodo
Senator Armstrong
Wigwam the Dodo
Senator Armstrong

False.
Nothing you have to say matters
You do realize that right?

False.
Now
If you were relevant, that might mean something

False!
Heynow come on
Sure it would have!

You mean to tell me you'd have nothing important to say even if you were relevant?
That's just selfloathing man stop that

False!

Wild Comrade

Why does anti-feminism even exist?

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

ponponpon way x2
Why does anti-feminism even exist?

A strong disagreement with the way the movement has turned out. Some people dislike feminism as a whole, are traditionalists, or have specific parts of feminism they highly disagree with.

I don't think feminism is -all- bad like I used to, but eh. I wouldn't get mad at the people who dislike it because there are still things that make me raise my eyebrows a bit. I have issues with what I understand of patriarchy theory for example, but I do think everyone should be treated equally.

Mythical Collector

30,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
werewolfmilitia
Ghorza
averykae
mukesha

Well since women have been expected to carry children, keep house and such, it's already there.
So it's not like I have anything to fight against, unless they try and take it away and make all women work and crap.
I mean I'm going to college for a life career but trust me, if my husband had a betting paying job I'm be a total stay at home house wife and mom.

Sounds like what my woman would like, which is why I am striving hard in college for that life where I can afford to take care of her and let her work if she wants or stay at home. Regardless of the situation, I think people are entitled to difference of perspective, but ultimately there will always be a debate. I think honestly, the feminist movement has debased a lot of men in society allowing trends to happen where it is acceptable to wear womens clothing in public or do feminine things more often in public places. But, that is also apart of the Gay rights movement in a way. Gay men were scrutinized for the longest time not being able to love who they wanted or show public affection without harrassment. Now it is a cultural norm for outwardly gay couples to show PDAs. But that just leads to my point. Groups that want to "change the world" aren't thinking of the ramifications of their actions. They are only thinking about the short term effect masked in "long term goals".

Simple put, They want to "buy the cow" instead of just living their lives how they choose. Privately.

Instead, they want to make a public spectacle over it. Women who want real change would do so in the comfort of their own homes. Living their own lives, doing their own thing. Not worrying about if the neighbor across the street is getting smacked around, instead worrying about their own affairs and keeping themselves from getting smacked around. Public opinion and group lobbies aren't going to force anyone into doing anything. Women like yourself are the perfect example of that. Groups are trying to "Force" their opinions down everyones throat in an attempt to change the world. But, like a rubber-band, there is only so far you can push between it snapping back and hitting you in the face or the band breaking. That is to say, people in general shouldn't push such issues and live and let live. Regardless of the situation, we are not born into this world to govern other peoples actions against people. Rather than, we are to live our lives according to our different lifestyles and all end with the same fate. Death. Why make i harder by fighting about something that doesn't matter or have any effect? Women and men, I wish would understand this.

Where is it the cultural norm for "outwardly gay couples to show PDAs". "Gay men were scrutinized for the longest time not being able to love who they wanted or show public affection without harrassment." I still don't have this where the hell are you typing this from and from what time period is it in because in the southern united states where I live that couldn't be farther from the troof.

The rest of that was fake-deep bullshit and analogies that don't quite work but I'll try to tackle it anyways. Everyone dies that doesn't mean you should just wallow around thinking how useless everything is until you do it. Believe it or not people will still live after you do. Some people actually want people like them to not be treated like s**t as well. You don't get s**t done without making a public spectacle. If you want to wallow around thinking of death and contribute virtually nothing to actually causing a progressive society that's your prerogative but don't presume that your smug fence-sitting is synonymous with having the intellectual advantage. Not doing anything and being fine with the status quo is exactly that; you're not doing anything. If you don't think change needs to happen, chances are you're someone who benefits from change not happening. Christ, go read some Edgar Allan Poe or something while the grown-ups talk, your waxing poetic nonsense doesn't help s**t. These things are important to people because they're actually interested in enjoying the time that they ARE living.
Enjoying the time they are living? What time are you talking about specifically? The time wasted fighting other people over perception. Everyone is entitled to their opinion about everything. Simply put, just because you think your right doesn't mean you are, although you may very well thing you are goes less to say that you are willing to go after a goal which by fleeting standards is shaky ground to discuss anyway due to offending anyone. But, going off the board and simply saying that fence-sitting is synonymous with have the intellectual advantage isn't that at all. You debasing me in a conversation which is allowed public opinion only hurts your argument and gives further way to the inclination of you not getting what you intended too and having to progress further to more extreme measures. However, each persons quality of life is based upon the individual. Meaning, just because you think you're going to somehow change the world based upon a groups mass appeal does not mean that it is the right or wrong thing. The fact that somehow you seem to have taken some mild mental pleasure from debating or belittling my point is argo. Rendering everything after your statement moot because you aren't willing to hear both sides of an argument and elevating your entire argument about betterment as a whole. Those who are willing to listen and seek the betterment of both sides genuinely speak and listen. However, my words have fallen on deaf ears with you considering your word choices. I do, however, hope you have a nice day and find some comfort in your next target. Since one-sided conversations never really have a mutually beneficial outcome. I'll leave you with that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff