Welcome to Gaia! ::

if you take those meds, whats the results?

i dont 0.27472527472527 27.5% [ 25 ]
they work 0.23076923076923 23.1% [ 21 ]
they make me feel worse 0.087912087912088 8.8% [ 8 ]
i take them, but i really dont care anymore 0.15384615384615 15.4% [ 14 ]
they have messed up my life 0.010989010989011 1.1% [ 1 ]
poll whore 0.24175824175824 24.2% [ 22 ]
Total Votes:[ 91 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5

Randi101
Randi101
PIE
PIE??
PIE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Randi101
Randi101
Randi101
PIE
PIE??
pie
Randi101
Randi101
Randi101
Randi101
PIE
PIE??
pie
pie
loloololololol
lololololololololololololol
stop don't tell me that the happy pills dont work > crying
I think depression pills should be...well, not exactly a last resort, but not the first thing you try out. Especially if you're young i.e. in your teens. They do save lives and for some people, it's exactly what they need to keep them going. But they are very hard to get off and I think if possible, it's best not to take meds.
RyokoOfTheClouds
i've been thinking a lot lately, especially about depressions in teens. i am not a teen any more, but was recently, and still bear the scars.

do you take anti-depressants? do they do anything for you?

in my experiance, they dont help at all. if anything they make it worse.
here is my story of anti depressants

when i was 13, my mother died. we had no contact with my father, so she was my only parent. my step father sent me to live with my aunt, and she sent me to live with my dad (none of them have had to deal with a teen with this type of loss before, so i dont blame them for that).
any way, i was put in a group home within 2 years of my mother dying.
any of you who have been in the system know that their way of dealing with kids who have problems is to medicate them.

i have been on so many diffrent meds, and they all made it worse. some of them made me drool, and have ticks (basically they made me look retarded) and another i took made me gain 100lbs.

i wasnt depressed because of my chemistry, but because of events that happened to me. as a result, the side effects of the medications alienated me much more from my peers then my grief ever would.

are you on medications?

does it just seem to not make a diffrence, or even worse, make you numb to everything, even happyness?

tell me your experiences with the so called "happy pills". THERE HAS TO BE SOME THING WE CAN DO TO STOP THIS FORCEFUL MEDICATION! (i like most of you who take them are forced to). there has to be something we can do.

EDIT:
some people really do have imbalances that medication helps. unfortunately most people on them dont.

they work for a while, then wear off
True: They do not 'make you happy'. However, they do open up blocked chemical receptors in your brain, and help you increase the production of those chemicals. And those chemicals make you happy.
For starters i am on anti-depressants and have been for 4 months. I have found them very helpful, but i was depressed because i was lonely, and had started to alienate from people. I am also going to theraphy to learn how to cope better with all of this.

I believe anit-depressions can help for certain situations, but some they can not. In your case they shouldn't of put you on them. That is one of those situations where time and maybe a little theraphy would of done wonders. I think people expect that these pills will fix all, while in fact they only change the chemicals in your body and don't ever really deal with the actual problem, leading to most people being on these pills for life or having major issues later in life
They don't really help me at all. crying

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces