Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Hunter

success!

discuss:

- successes!

Loiterer

Do you just like guys that don't like anime or do people regularly talk about anime around you because you're asian?

I don't get what the success here is... Plenty of guys don't like anime...

Angelic Friend

I honestly understand how you feel. When people approach me, they usually start talking about anime because they assume right away that because we're Asian (East-Asian), we must be obsessed w/ that s**t. I mean yes, I watch anime, but I actually don't like talking about it all the time like some other people do. User Image

Fashionable Hunter

Bornes
Do you just like guys that don't like anime or do people regularly talk about anime around you because you're asian?

I don't get what the success here is... Plenty of guys don't like anime...

The latter!

The success is that I attracted a non-weeaboo who isn't also a coworker. Yay!

Fashionable Hunter

Romeigh
I honestly understand how you feel. When people approach me, they usually start talking about anime because they assume right away that because we're Asian (East-Asian), we must be obsessed w/ that s**t. I mean yes, I watch anime, but I actually don't like talking about it all the time like some other people do. User Image

Right? I don't even watch it anymore, though I used to. I never even know what I'm supposed to say when people come up to me like "OMG have you seen Kill La Kill?"

Uh, no?

Loiterer

You know, I've met plenty of asian people and I made the mistake of talking about anime to an asian person only one time.
I was in Japan, at a bar, dressed like ff7:Advent Children's Cloud Strife (OK not technically anime), and the girl who was flirting with me asked who I was dressed as.

I was like.. HOW COULD YOU NOT KNOW?
IN JAPAN???
ADVERTISING IS EVERYWHERE????

That's when I learned that (somehow revolutionary even though it shouldn't have been) a lot of people just don't ******** give a s**t.

Not that it encompasses my life or anything. It doesn't.
Anyway this has nothing to do with your story of course, I just felt like sharing.

Congrats I guess?

I'd laugh if he waits a few days before he confesses he thought you were obsessed with it later on some date xd

Adorable Fisher

I internally hurray whenever random strangers don't start talking to me about karate on the bus.

[edit]: I think the only good time somebody started talking to me about Asian stuff because I'm Asian was when I went to get a blood test and the blood taker person started talking to me about how her son teaches in Japan. Pleasant five minute conversation.

Demonic Ally

lmao ******** anime in general

Unforgiving Humorist

10,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
Maybe you give off the nerdy, "I watch anime" vibe.

You kind of react to situations like someone who does.

Destitute Smoker

3,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Wall Street 200
on a related note, guys will be talking to me and mention something about a game they were playing earlier and then they'll say "oh sorry you don't know what i'm talking about". but i do. i do know what they're saying.

sometimes i don't mention it and i'll just laugh and go home and play world of warcraft lol

Fashionable Hunter

Bornes
You know, I've met plenty of asian people and I made the mistake of talking about anime to an asian person only one time.
I was in Japan, at a bar, dressed like ff7:Advent Children's Cloud Strife (OK not technically anime), and the girl who was flirting with me asked who I was dressed as.

I was like.. HOW COULD YOU NOT KNOW?
IN JAPAN???
ADVERTISING IS EVERYWHERE????

That's when I learned that (somehow revolutionary even though it shouldn't have been) a lot of people just don't ******** give a s**t.

Not that it encompasses my life or anything. It doesn't.
Anyway this has nothing to do with your story of course, I just felt like sharing.

Congrats I guess?

I'd laugh if he waits a few days before he confesses he thought you were obsessed with it later on some date xd

Lol yeah. I heard regular anime/manga is mainly a teen thing just like here in the states. It's junk food literature for the most part; which isn't bad, it's just what it is.

Eh, I'm probably never going to see him again. I only work weekends and I always have weird transitional hours.

Fashionable Hunter

MarigoldMari
I internally hurray whenever random strangers don't start talking to me about karate on the bus.

[edit]: I think the only good time somebody started talking to me about Asian stuff because I'm Asian was when I went to get a blood test and the blood taker person started talking to me about how her son teaches in Japan. Pleasant five minute conversation.

I prefer it when older people talk to me about my race, because generally, they ask because they lack exposure and want to correct it, and aren't just racist without apology.

Fashionable Hunter

Brain Weasels
lmao ******** anime in general

Aw, why did you start on this site?

Fashionable Hunter

Arbitrary Mani
Maybe you give off the nerdy, "I watch anime" vibe.

You kind of react to situations like someone who does.

Doubtful? I'm in sales mode when I'm at work.

I don't even know what that means, but I'm a pretty energetic person if that's what you mean.

Fashionable Hunter

Phantom Wang Syndrome
on a related note, guys will be talking to me and mention something about a game they were playing earlier and then they'll say "oh sorry you don't know what i'm talking about". but i do. i do know what they're saying.

sometimes i don't mention it and i'll just laugh and go home and play world of warcraft lol

That actually sounds like they're just giving you an in on the conversation! Take it and show off :3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff