Welcome to Gaia! ::

Chains- Yes, or no (oui, non?)

most definetely. Thats a good idea 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 5 ]
No...thats just dumb. 0.13333333333333 13.3% [ 2 ]
I'm not sure 0.53333333333333 53.3% [ 8 ]
Total Votes:[ 15 ]

I know there proabably have already been a bajillion threads like this...
buut...
*sigh*
I need ideas for a present for my boyfriend.
We've been going out for almost a month, so it'll be about two months when Christmas comes rolling around.
I...kinda have an idea. We both pretty much live for music, and his guitar pick is just plain gray
So I thought I might get him a new, pretty one. Even better, I want to see if I can make one and paint it his favorite colors. Now heres a question- I'm thinking about, if I make one, putting it on a chain. Is that just dumb? I don't really know if he's the kind that would wear something like that or not?

Anyways. He says that it'd just be fine to get him an iTunes giftcard, or a CD (he still needs MCR's first album for his collection.). But I just...I want to get him something more original, something more creative (not neccesarily making him something, just...out of the box), but also something that he'll use.

His interests-
Music- He plays Trombone, piano (he's better than I am), drums and guitar.
umm...yeah. Thats actually pretty much it.
oh, yeah. He likes the Red Sox. A LOT. He was Papelbon for halloween.
I'm a Yankees fan (purely to annoy everyone, since everyone up here cheers for the Red Sox). So maybe get him something Yankees?
I think the guitar pick idea is a great idea.
I would love it if my boy would think of something like that, because my guitar is my world. :3
Buttt.
Idk I have the same problem so I hope that helps.
xd
personally i only dream of being able to play guitar well but most of my friends play and the idea for a pick to wear as a necklace is something im familiar with as a guy with about the same time frame on my current relationship i think that would be a great present

(i need help getting my girlfriend something so if you have any ideas) sweatdrop
Yes I know I'm supposed to be peaceful...but I'm a Yankees fan... evil

But I'll help you out anyways
This is based on my personal opinion and point of view, but a guitar pick necklace thing that simply says -Your first initial- + -His first initial-, sounds great!
Umm....well, thanks guys.
I'll still have to think about this..
I'm gonna put a poll up, because I'm still kinda confused about the chain thing.
What about getting him eyeliner? I mean band guys like him would want liner for shows and stuff...JK Anyway, guitar pick's is a superb idea!!!

Sparkly Darling

There are sites where you can customize/create your own guitar picks to play with, not decoration. I got them for my boyfriend (of six years) last year along with a coffin case and he absolutely adored them.
I dont remember the site though. I'm sure you could just google it and something would come up.

as for making him one as a necklace, that is a super cute idea. Even if he didn't wear jewelry I'm sure he'd think it was amazing.
I think painting one yourself and putting in on a chain is a very cute and personalized gift. Even if he doesn't wear it around his neck, he can put it on his car's rear view mirror (if he has a car whee ) or anywhere, really.
Maybe make him that, and also get him the MCR CD?

3,875 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
A lot of places offer you a chance to make your own music CD. he canmake a cd of his guitar playing.
That would be SO nice! whee
Huh.
I might look into that, Shywolf, although it might be a little out of my price range >>
I'm glad you all aprove of the guitar pick idea, and, Headline, I might just get him both, thanks, I wouldn't have thought of that...^.^'
Well, thanks all for your suggestions!
~Becca

6,400 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
alexthehippie
Yes I know I'm supposed to be peaceful...but I'm a Yankees fan... evil

But I'll help you out anyways
This is based on my personal opinion and point of view, but a guitar pick necklace thing that simply says -Your first initial- + -His first initial-, sounds great!

Alex's Idea is great, Whatever you do don't get him a Yankees thing for a Christmas Present xD
You should see if you can order Custom Guitar Picks and See if they can make it with his fav color or two and then Your an d His First innitial and ou can either put it on a chain (I would personally love that)
Or give it to him and he can use it

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces