Welcome to Gaia! ::

I have this belt that is red with glitter on it. it has the two metal ring holes for the belt to clip going all the way around it.

Now can someone tell me if this sounds like 70's or 80's fashion? Can someone provide me with reasoning for their answer like a popular iconic figure that was big in that time wearing something similar or something like that?!
go to the style sub forum arrow

Thirteenth Codger

It sounds like something that the cast of "Charlie's Angels" would have worn.
Ask Axl Rose.
The 80's beats the 70's easily.
Graceful Gazelle

i agree!! =D

70's
: Groovy, Hippies, Jacksons Five, Janies Joplin, flower power, black power, Woodstock, i dont know the name of those pants large in the legs, start of disco.

80's: Michel Jackson, disco, futuristic style, silver stuff, colored leggings, david bowie, glam rock, pacman, space impact, and the classic lime green rebok shoes!
it sounds pretty much like the 70's disco era.

Invisible Browser

User Image
<3

please take this to the style sub forum, where all the Gaia fashionistas will be happy to tell you which decade it is from...

but it would help them figure it out if you posted a picture

</3
User Image
It started in the 70's with disco and Elvis and lasted through the mid 80's when the still black Michael Jackson did his "Thriller" album (record).
Could be either. Would be easier with a picture.

My sister did have a belt just like that (I assume by the description) in the mid to late 80's though.
80s ftw.

Come on HAIR METAL people!

The belt sounds 70s.
Smurffairy
It started in the 70's with disco and Elvis and lasted through the mid 80's when the still black Michael Jackson did his "Thriller" album (record).

Elvis was the 50s
80's ninja
angel-said-hi
Graceful Gazelle

i agree!! =D

70's
: Groovy, Hippies, Jacksons Five, Janies Joplin, flower power, black power, Woodstock, i dont know the name of those pants large in the legs, start of disco.

80's: Michel Jackson, disco, futuristic style, silver stuff, colored leggings, david bowie, glam rock, pacman, space impact, and the classic lime green rebok shoes!

All that in bold is from the '60s, hun, apart from disco. And they're bell bottoms.
Turtle With Cancer
angel-said-hi
Graceful Gazelle

i agree!! =D

70's

All that in bold is from the '60s, hun, apart from disco. And they're bell bottoms.

Not really, the 60's kinda bled into the early 70's. Disco began, got popular and lost popularity in the 70's. Punk started building steam in the 70's as being anti-disco. The start of wearing goth-styles and dying your hair in technicolour hues was in the 70's. The anti-fashoin statement built up steam in the 70's.

The 80's was pretty tame actually. The biggest things to hit the 80's was AIDS and President Reagan.

To the poster, the belt sounds more 70's. Disco was heavy into sparkly things like putting rhinestones on your jeans and shirts. People still did it in the 80's but it wasn't as big as in the 70's.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff