Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bashful Bookworm

Go by your comfort levels.
      I've had relationships where we waited most of a year, and others where we were doing the dirty a week in.

Invisible Senshi

In today's society, too fast depends on the individual who is judging.

Too fast could be doing "it" on the first day and it could also mean doing "it" after one year.

Your situation might be normal to many.

Enthusiast

LeLovelyElle
Basically just entered a relationship for the first time and I've been conflicted between a few friend's advice. Some say we've been going too fast and others say that there's nothing to worry about. It's been a few months now and we haven't done the big thing yet but we've done almost everything else. Is that too fast or normal?

(Kinda wish there was a timeline or something for this kinda thing XD)

As long as you and your boyfriend are comfortable, then let the relationship develop at its own pace.

I guess what your friends are trying to say is: Do not make the relationship all about sex. A relationship that's mainly about sex can be healthy if both involved like it that way and can handle being in a relationship that needs that sexual consistency (as well as other obvious emotional necessities) to sustain it. However, there are a lot of people, both young and old, who make the mistake of making sex the foundation of their relationship, then later wonder, "Why is it that all we do or talk about is sex?"

Kirai Nenshou's Fangirl

Star

13,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Everyone is different and so is every relationship. If you both feel you are going the right speed then continue to do so. People shouldn't influence your relationship

5,750 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
From what I have seen with my girl friends, if my friends got into a relationship and quickly started doing sexual things with their men- the men didn't stick around long.

In MY opinion I think that a couple should get to know each other very well before getting into intimate things. My hubby and I waited until we were 9 months into our relationship to experiment.

kahono's Senpai

Spacey Nymph

Relationships should go at whatever pace you feel comfortable with. There's this idea that there is only one right way to go about things, which is silly because we're all different people experiencing things at different paces.
Do what feels comfortable for you, because it's your relationship.
As pretty much everyone has said, do what feels right to you. My boyfriend and I waited a long time to have sex. He felt he was ready, I wasn't. He never tried to force me into anything, and he waited patiently for me. We were both virgins and it was very special when I was finally ready. It all depends.
    gotta agree with everyone else here.
    do whatever you're comfortable with.
    i've learned to stop having 'timelines' and to stop taking my friends advice.
    because honestly, it usually made me unhappy in the end 99% of the time.

some people just naturally wait to do certain things in their relationship, while others are perfectly comfortable very early on. there's no right or wrong way to do it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff