Welcome to Gaia! ::

JiggyJ24's Wife

Friendly Kitten

So I've been thinking this thru for maybe since like 1 month now and the thing is I seem to overthink it or just think way to much about it.
I'm worried about BMT bec I've never been in good shape nor am I a work out fanatic.
I think I would be okey...at least I hope so.
I am in a relationship and been together with my bf for a year and a half now,almost 2yrs and he's another reason why sometimes I over think it.
There is just sooooo much abt the Air force, I got so many questions.......and now a days I even wonder how BMT is, or even the TI's ya know. Do they have fun some days or are they serious all the time?
I need questions to be answered. Yes I've been to a recruiter and the thing he told me is to study for the ASVAB test and bring down my weight of 181lbs to 175lbs to meet their weight chart. So I guess thats what I'm working on and I might just think about joining next year....

Sweetest Wife

19,325 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Simple Romantic 50
  • The Edgiest 250
Hello! I'm in the Air Force and leave for boot camp next month! If you have any questions, feel free to ask me and I can answer them as best as I can!

Blessed Codger

Oooh, Air Force!

Hm...when my brother-in-law went through BMT for the air force, he wrote to us a number of times and had a GREAT MANY things to tell us after he graduated. What I know of it is this:

-it IS hard. You get screamed at and the MTIs point at you with all their fingers for some reason.

-the exercise regimen is pretty goshdarned intense, though one does get used to it

-he made some VERY GOOD friends and learned a great deal

-he went to be trained pretty much immediately after graduating, so he now has a job AND he's about to start art school for free.

Yes, it's hard, but think of your goals, and think of how many people succeed at this. Hint: A LOT. If they can do it, so can you. whee

Shy Husband

I can't help 100% sorry!
I'm a marine, so this may be different. I know what the roughest is like, so I can give you tips.
It's as hard as you make it, my friend. The training is meant to get you in shape. Apply yourself and watch yourself succeed. If you doubt yourself now, you'll never pass. Start by changing that.
Realize that you'll change. Realize that your SO will change. Realize that you won't hold their hand while you two change. Realize that you'll both drift apart. I was with a girl for a VERY long time. Me going in the marine corps, she realized she couldn't take it. I've only seen one relationship work, so far, and they were married before hand. Take that into consideration.
I wish you the best.

JiggyJ24's Wife

Friendly Kitten

d a n d y - f a t - c a t
Hello! I'm in the Air Force and leave for boot camp next month! If you have any questions, feel free to ask me and I can answer them as best as I can!

How long did u sign for? And what r u going to be doing in the Air Force? I want to become a linguist for I know 3 languages incl English of coarse xD. Also, when u get in, can u let me know how the MTI's are? If like they r fun sometimes or even if the Air Force people have fun?
I do wish u all the best of luck!

JiggyJ24's Wife

Friendly Kitten

FIJI-FI
I can't help 100% sorry!
I'm a marine, so this may be different. I know what the roughest is like, so I can give you tips.
It's as hard as you make it, my friend. The training is meant to get you in shape. Apply yourself and watch yourself succeed. If you doubt yourself now, you'll never pass. Start by changing that.
Realize that you'll change. Realize that your SO will change. Realize that you won't hold their hand while you two change. Realize that you'll both drift apart. I was with a girl for a VERY long time. Me going in the marine corps, she realized she couldn't take it. I've only seen one relationship work, so far, and they were married before hand. Take that into consideration.
I wish you the best.

Well thank you very much, and about marriage my bf & i did talk about it but I told him that I wouldn't want him to marry me just bec I'm joining the Air Force, I told him I want him to marry me bec he wants to. But also I did tell him I'd love to marry him some day, plus he did say the forces do take good care of family. I know we'll both change in many different ways, and I'm positive that our relationship is strong enough. We've gotten so far heart

Sweetest Wife

19,325 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Simple Romantic 50
  • The Edgiest 250
SimplyTreasured

How long did u sign for? And what r u going to be doing in the Air Force? I want to become a linguist for I know 3 languages incl English of coarse xD. Also, when u get in, can u let me know how the MTI's are? If like they r fun sometimes or even if the Air Force people have fun?

I am currently signed for four years! I will definitely let you know how my experience went. I've heard MTI's become a little easier on you the longer you're in and if you've been trying hard and don't give them trouble. I know many people in the Air Force and they love it! Just do your best, listen to your MTIS, believe in yourself, and you will be FINE. 2 months of discomfort for a stable career and life is definitely worth it!

JiggyJ24's Wife

Friendly Kitten

SimplyTreasured

I am currently signed for four years! I will definitely let you know how my experience went. I've heard MTI's become a little easier on you the longer you're in and if you've been trying hard and don't give them trouble. I know many people in the Air Force and they love it! Just do your best, listen to your MTIS, believe in yourself, and you will be FINE. 2 months of discomfort for a stable career and life is definitely worth it!

See another thing is, I'm not sure how many years I should sign for. 6yrs is a bit long, 4yrs ain't bad at all. What job or career are u working towards in the Air Force?

Sweetest Wife

19,325 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Simple Romantic 50
  • The Edgiest 250
SimplyTreasured
SimplyTreasured

See another thing is, I'm not sure how many years I should sign for. 6yrs is a bit long, 4yrs ain't bad at all. What job or career are u working towards in the Air Force?

If you aren't sure, I'd say 4 years. That's why I did. If I end up loving it, I'm going to sign up again. I don't have a specific job, but I'm going into a medical field, how about you?

JiggyJ24's Wife

Friendly Kitten

SimplyTreasured
SimplyTreasured

If you aren't sure, I'd say 4 years. That's why I did. If I end up loving it, I'm going to sign up again. I don't have a specific job, but I'm going into a medical field, how about you?

I'd like to become a linguist actually if possible

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces