Welcome to Gaia! ::

Demonic Hunter

So I have an anxiety disorder, and occasionally I have panic attacks. I see a therapist about it weekly, but this isn't really part of the question I'm going to ask you.

On Saturday, I hit the top of my head on the frame of my closet, and it gave me a pretty nasty bump. I put ice on it off and on for the rest of the day, but then later that night while I was in the car, my sister accidentally smacked me in the forehead with the metal part of a seat belt. That also got a pretty nasty bump, but I put ice on that also.

Now I don't know if this is related, but on saturday after I got the first bump, I had a full blown panic attack. Not about the bump, but about other stuff.

I barely get headaches in my life, but I've been having funky headaches ever since these two bumps on my head. Yesterday I had a headache all day and it hurt my eyes to be out in the sun, and then had ANOTHER panic attack later in the night while in an argument with my fiance. I don't ever get panic attacks during arguments with him, but last night I just lost it, and it wasn't even that bad of an argument.

I don't know if those bumps are causing my anxiety to get worse, or if they're causing the headaches. I don't know if it's worth a trip to the doctor, and I'm kind of afraid to talk to my family about it because they will just say "OH YOU'RE FINE QUIT FREAKING OUT ABOUT IT". I'm a bit of a hypochondriac, so I can never tell whats really worth a visit to the doctor anymore.

Opinions?

EDIT: I do have the power to go to the doctor myself, but my parents are the ones who pay for the visits and I get anxious whenever I have to make them pay for something for me. If they don't feel the need that I should go, I worry that I will upset them if I go anyways.
I think it will be fine. The only issue is that you have a headache after it, but for you to ahve a concussion I think you would need more than just that. If the headaaches get worse or like you vomito r are confused about what you are doing..then it is an issue.

Demonic Hunter

legnanellaf5
I think it will be fine. The only issue is that you have a headache after it, but for you to ahve a concussion I think you would need more than just that. If the headaaches get worse or like you vomito r are confused about what you are doing..then it is an issue.
Occasionally I do vomit purely from anxiety, so lets hope I will be able to tell the difference. Thank you for replying.

II Earl Grey II's Darling

User Image
::.DEFFY.::
❣keepin' default undies teh sex since 03'❣
||Last night, while I was sleeping, I dreamnt I held you in my arms. But when I woke dear, I was mistaken. So I hung my head and I cried...||
I say your probably fine, unless the headaches pursist or get much worse, then you need to see someone just to be sure.
Tell your parents youll pay the copay for the visit if they argue.
User Image

-Kay, love you❤
See the doctor if you start experiencing confusion or nausea, yeah bumping your head will give you a headache but I doubt it's a concussion.
I think you should be okay. Bumping your head will often give you headaches, but it's probably not a concussion. If you start experiencing confusion, memory problems or nausea, you should probably go to the doctor.

As for the anxiety, you are probably stressed about hitting your head, worrying that it is something serious (which is completely natural), and that could be making your anxiety worse.

Golden Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
For people with anxiety, we will fret more than we should and that's all you should see your response as- pointless fretting, that you don't need more of. Just remind yourself that nothing's wrong, and you don't need to panick and try some breathing techniques if it persists.

It's also worth noting that extreme anxiety has symptoms and can cause feelings of nausea, cramps, head-aches, all because of the anxiety itself.

Now I think that the anxiety is probably just that and if the head-ache persists for more than a week then it'll be worth visiting the doctor just to be safe.

Fashionable Sex Symbol

14,075 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
It sounds like the anxiety attacks are coming from probably being frustrated over the pain of headaches. It sounds like they are making you already worked up over them, then anything kind of just.. Sets you off? At least, that is what it sounds like to me. (Had a fall myself, bad bump, and had headaches after as well. Got easily pissed/anxiety driven, due to the pain of it.)

Kitten

I have panic attacks and medical anxiety as well. So I understand.
You'll more than likely be fine okay. But if it keeps buggin ya then go get it checked out at. That way you'll be making sure and giving yourself a piece of mind. Worse case scenario is it turns out to be nothing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff