Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Kitten

53,900 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Cat Fancier 100
You shouldnt base your beliefs on songs about christianity. If you really want to learn about the faith it is best to read the bible. Starting with the new testament though. And possibly find assistance with a pastor. A lot of churches do bible studies, especially ones near colleges like to cater towards young adults/teens (im guessing that would be your age group). Probably would want to start with a church that is more laid back. If your sister is christian too I am sure she can help out too.

I was raised catholic and have lived a somewhat christian life, still consider myself christian, just havent been the most of devout ones. If you have any questions though you could shoot me a pm, or im sure any of the christians who have posted previously would love to share more aswel!

Enthusiast

Fullmetal Gurren Titan
I don't know why I'm so obsessed with learning about Christianity.

I just want to know why people are SO OBSESSED with God & Jesus. So obsessed, that they'd die for him/them.

Maybe I should stop listening to Skillet, Flyleaf, Fireflight, We as Human, and Decyfer Down. I even considered getting into Pillar and Thousand Foot Krutch and Nine Lashes.

I feel like these bands are drawing me close to Jesus and God. But at the same time, I HATE that their songs are about that, because I want their songs to be about REAL things.

To me, Rise (Skillet) sounds like an anti-war song, rising against war and other bad things. But a Christian Youtuber said that it's about rising in a Christ revolution. -_-

I also want to understand my sister's happiness since she became a Christian.

I used to be pissed off that those bands are Christian rock. I still do. Religion and rock shouldn't even be a thing!

These songs always get me thinking about converting to Christianity:

"This fire rising through my being
Burning, I'm not used to seeing you
I'm alive"

"Bring me back, so that I can feel you again
Take me to that place I was before"

"Oh, Lord, you know my heart"

"God is calling out to you, just let the healing start"

"You keep this flame alive"

"In the darkness, you shine
Can you keep me safe tonight?"

"In all these twisted thoughts, I see
Jesus there, in between"

"And he will raise you up"

"I feel you keeping me alive
You are my salvation
Touch you, taste you, feel you here"

"Jesus, pure truth"

"Worldwide Jesus domination"

"Heaven, let your light shine down"

Am I being brainwashed by these bands?

You're looking at religion and music the wrong way.

• Religion is just something for people to have faith in; it's meant to find comfort, guidance, inner peace, and forgiveness.
    • Music is mainly made to express ourselves, to show who we are, and describe how we feel. Music is meant to inspire, and relate to you.

Advice: Never force yourself to like something. If you want to learn more about Christianity, read facts about it, and after you learn all the facts you can, ask your sister why she chose this religion; have her explain how it makes her feel and what she enjoys about it.

Understand that you don't need religion to feel the happiness your sister feels; but if you think religion is the answer, then try to find faith that you're comfortable with, and makes sense to you.
Then dont listen to the songs if its making you conflicted

there are many reasons as to why people are so hyped up with christianity. if learning about it only conflicts you then dont do it

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff