Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Lunatic

Hey. I'm not gonna write a whole lot here now about my illness at least for this time (it's too late at night here).

But long story short, I'm diagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic.
I've had hallucinations since I can remember as a child, but when my mum died when I was 10, it got worse - and when I turned 19 it got really worse.
When I got the diagnose I was promised therapy and treatment.
But years has passed and it's only gotten worse.
And I've still only had daily medicine as treatment.

My question or hope on this thread, is to hear if anyone reading this has any knowledge on how schizophrenia is treated in YOUR country.
Cause I've heard that some people actually get mr scans to see if something else is wrong.

I got offered nothing but a whole lot of Seroquel and I have a doctor that absolutely won't listen to me.
Where I am in the U.S., treatment usually involves going to counseling with a therapist and seeing psychiatrist who prescribes medication. Psychiatrists typically want to know about my symptoms, whereas therapists deal more with emotions, coping strategies, and day-to-day struggles.

What are your options like for therapy? Have you asked your doctor about it? If they can't or won't help you, you may be able to find a place on your own. Having a place to talk and get feedback can make medication more effective, so if you can find a place that offers these services, I'd definitely suggest it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff