Welcome to Gaia! ::

i've been struggling with this problem for a couple of months now, at the start of summer this year. I've found it hard to open up with people, although this problem doesn't affect my health only physical appearance. Which i found was a hard hit. I had these raised bumps going along my upper lip. These raised bumps are called fordyce spots. Common amongst people. You can't catch it, or pass it on. It's something natural. I feel like i can't get close to a guy ever again, or even let him near me. I feel he'll probably find me gross or disgusting. He might feel them when i go to kiss him. Although some of my friends say they can't notice it or see it, i feel i notice them right away when i look in the mirror maybe because i know they are there. It has caused me stressed and depression. It came about with me stressing in the first place. I did have them for a few years but only at the corner of my lips, where they aren't noticable and i barely felt them there. It's said there is no cure for them, and they could get worse as i get older or they could get better. I'm 18 and i wonder, why do i have to deal with this at my age? why not when i'm in my 40's? I feel like i won't be able to achieve happiness because of these things, i feel like it'll hold me back in life, i won't get anywhere, i will never get someone. I know i should believe in inner beauty, but physical beauty is also important i believe. I don't want a guy kissing me and thinking Gross what's up with her lips! Or thinking it's some std. I don't want them to get worse or to increase. I just need some advice here or help. I'm losing my mind because of it.
Well its pretty much like any other minor thing. We hate acne on ourselves but we know that we arent going to avoid people who have like a pimple on their nose since it isnt a big deal. We are more critical about it on ourselves than others.

If your friends say it isnt that noticeable, chances are it isnt (even googlign them I dont see it being that noticable on most poctures..). YOU can notice them right away because you are the one who is focused on them existing. That is your insecurity. For most other people, they wont know unless you point it out.
legnanellaf5
Well its pretty much like any other minor thing. We hate acne on ourselves but we know that we arent going to avoid people who have like a pimple on their nose since it isnt a big deal. We are more critical about it on ourselves than others.

If your friends say it isnt that noticeable, chances are it isnt (even googlign them I dont see it being that noticable on most poctures..). YOU can notice them right away because you are the one who is focused on them existing. That is your insecurity. For most other people, they wont know unless you point it out.

you're right, it's my biggest insecurity right now
but do you think it'll stop a guy from liking me? i asked my friends this and she told me, no it wouldn't if he really likes me. I do feel it's minor, even my friends say it's nothing but i can't help but get myself all in knots because of it, because i overthink it.
Lashuri Chan
User Image ζɑʂɦʊɾȉ Ҁɦɑɳ User Image

Stop bumping up your damn topic! It's a slow moving forum and other people are out doing things so obviously you're not going to get a million replies within the damn hour! scream

wow chill i understand if you guys are doing things but i'm just bumping to keep my thread alive
nothing wrong with bumping a thread, it's acceptable so i don't think you have the right to go off at me like that
i wasn't expecting a million replies, just at least bumping keeps my topic alive or even a better chance of someone replying instead of letting my thread die
bump~ heart
Moonlit Orb
legnanellaf5

you're right, it's my biggest insecurity right now
but do you think it'll stop a guy from liking me? i asked my friends this and she told me, no it wouldn't if he really likes me. I do feel it's minor, even my friends say it's nothing but i can't help but get myself all in knots because of it, because i overthink it.

No, because again chances are they wont notice. You are more likely to effect your chances by being so self concious than you are with the actual issue. As well, a lot of our attempts to cover physical stuff tend to actually highlight them, so just ignore your lips.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff