Welcome to Gaia! ::

Jacque De Molay
Fermionic
Jacque De Molay
Fermionic
Jacque De Molay
Fermionic
Say everything you just said.
What he said here was too soft, he can do better.

Unless you have a stated goal, that word is less appropriate than alternatives would be.
The goal is explicit and use of alternatives isn't necessary.

It is anything but. It leaves one to either question your understanding of words, or your intelligence in general.
A religious zealot would stop trying to reason with if counter-rhetoric by nature lacks reason.

And we're back on topic!
Lord Boethiath; that's another route! You could just ignore him until he realizes that his words are wasted!

Shy Fairy

His feelings are irrelevant. If he is incapable of repecting others' beliefs and lifestyles, then he is not worthy of respect himself.

Jacque De Molay
Fermionic
Jacque De Molay
Fermionic
Jacque De Molay
Fermionic
What he said here was too soft, he can do better.

Unless you have a stated goal, that word is less appropriate than alternatives would be.

It is anything but. It leaves one to either question your understanding of words, or your intelligence in general.
A religious zealot would stop trying to reason with if counter-rhetoric by nature lacks reason.

That's not really what I am talking about.

Witty Sex Symbol

9,725 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
forever_fears
Jacque De Molay
Fermionic
Jacque De Molay
Fermionic

And we're back on topic!
Lord Boethiath; that's another route! You could just ignore him until he realizes that his words are wasted!

Path of least resistance ftw

Witty Sex Symbol

9,725 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
dolly milk
His feelings are irrelevant. If he is incapable of repecting others' beliefs and lifestyles, then he is not worthy of respect himself.

I honestly don't want to have any problems on campus or in class. He makes me kind of uncomfortable. I'm most likely going to hide at the back of the class.
Lord Boethiah
dolly milk

I honestly don't want to have any problems on campus or in class. He makes me kind of uncomfortable. I'm most likely going to hide at the back of the class.

Hey! Buddy! Chin up! Don't let some zealot take away your ability to do the best you can in your courses.
If you are not comfortable to stand on your own to get him off your back; don't fret about it, he was likely indoctrinated in the process of taking away your comfort in order to gain a leg to stand on. If this is a recurring incident, resulting in a loss of confidence in yourself, AND causes you to make decisions of avoidance that interfere with your school work, your school`s code of conduct likely classifies this as bullying. If you can not do this on your own, there is zero shame in asking for help.
Lord Boethiah
So there is this Muslim guy in my class who is trying to convert me into Islam. I want him to leave me alone. I don't bother him with books like "The God Delusion" so why does he have to annoy me with the Qur'an. Hey Muslims of Gaia how do I get this douche bag off my back without hurting his feelings.

You could probably start by not looking at him as a douche bag for trying to spread his faith. The best answers to problems come when you stop looking at it as a problem.

Sounds hippy, but I promise, if you remember when you deal with the guy that he is doing this as a kind of love to you (whether you see it as that or not), then there will be no soreness when you tell him unequivocally and in no uncertain terms that you are not in the market for a new faith.

7,750 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Make lots of bombing jokes.

Hallowed Hunter

Lord Boethiah
Fermionic

He seems like one of those temperamental arab types that could explode at any moment. Ha. That was funny, racist, and kinda true.

It was funny...until you ruined it by pointing it out.
Lord Boethiah
So there is this Muslim guy in my class who is trying to convert me into Islam. I want him to leave me alone. I don't bother him with books like "The God Delusion" so why does he have to annoy me with the Qur'an. Hey Muslims of Gaia how do I get this douche bag off my back without hurting his feelings.

Tell him you ain't giving up bacon cheeseburgers and beer for no damn body.

Witty Sex Symbol

9,725 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
forever_fears
Lord Boethiah
dolly milk

Hey! Buddy! Chin up! Don't let some zealot take away your ability to do the best you can in your courses.
If you are not comfortable to stand on your own to get him off your back; don't fret about it, he was likely indoctrinated in the process of taking away your comfort in order to gain a leg to stand on. If this is a recurring incident, resulting in a loss of confidence in yourself, AND causes you to make decisions of avoidance that interfere with your school work, your school`s code of conduct likely classifies this as bullying. If you can not do this on your own, there is zero shame in asking for help.

Thanks. He fully tried to convert me the other day. Its bad enough that the class is from 7pm to 10pm. If he continues on with his antics I will put my foot down firmly.

Witty Sex Symbol

9,725 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
Riviera de la Mancha
Lord Boethiah

You could probably start by not looking at him as a douche bag for trying to spread his faith. The best answers to problems come when you stop looking at it as a problem.

Sounds hippy, but I promise, if you remember when you deal with the guy that he is doing this as a kind of love to you (whether you see it as that or not), then there will be no soreness when you tell him unequivocally and in no uncertain terms that you are not in the market for a new faith.

1. He is a douche bag from spreading his faith. I don't know if you read your history books but religious conversion has been the source of plenty of wars.

2. It is a problem because he is inconveniencing me.

3. He is not doing this out of love. He is doing this for his faith.

4. I have my personal beliefs. I don't need Muslims and other religious people poo pooing on the things I love.

Dapper Browser

You should thank him for trying to convert you but remind him, you are not interested and that you would appreciate it if he would stop. Also state to him that you are quite content with your current religious view and are not looking for one at all. As oddly as it may seem perhaps viewing it as a relationship. Someone whom is wanting to be in a relationship that you know likes you. How would you tell them "No" kindly without trying to hurt their feelings?

Then there is the more aggressive approach of telling him to just stop and clearly state that you are in a school, and not a temple [I think that is where they have their mass.] And there is no need for him to waste his breath talking to someone who is nor will ever be interested.
Try to convert him back.

Whenever Johovah's witnesses come to my door, I always tell them that I'd love to talk about their savior. I tell them I have a copy of the bible in the original greek and would love to have a discussion about it.

They ask for my name, pretend to write it down and never, ever return. Good thing too, because I can't actually read Greek.

The person I learned this trick from could, though.

Sex Symbol

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Lord Boethiah
It is hard for people to understand that this is the role that he has to play in his religion. I don’t know about others, but in Abrahamic religions you have to keep spreading the words of the religion and try to convince others into conversion. Of course, it is not obligatory and if he is bothering you, I guess you should talk to him and tell him to stop. He will not be offended, you see, because he understands that some people naturally won’t fit in his religion. This happens with Christians, Yehovah’s Witnesses, etc. Just a normal chat will make him stop doing it to you, although it is not a guarantee that he will not do it to others. ninja

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff