Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hey, it's great to start knowing what you like at an early age in my opinion. Like Shirabelle stated, you may want to get into the habit of actualy masturbating first. With that, you can know what you like and don't like. That way, when you go to buy a toy, you have sort of an idea.

If you want to get a toy now, you're better off probably going to Spencer's. Spencer's probably won't ID you because they have things other than sex toys there. Wait until you're 18 to go to an actual sex store.
I do think 16 is a little young... but its not unheard of (at least at my school lol).
I'm in highschool and I'm aware that people at school have sex with each other and suck D.
Even in the school washroom.

11,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
16 is not too young, I like that you are considering this as an alternative to just going out and having sex it sounds like you have put some thought into what you are and aren't ready for. As many people have posted it may be hard to get your hands on one since sex shops tend to be 18+ but perhaps you have an older friend (2 years older to be exact lol) that you're not afraid to have these kinds of conversations with who would be willing to pick you one up.

Romantic Lover

8,325 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
16 isn't too young to masterbate, its not too young to get a toy. (Granted that it's nothing really weri d like those rabbit things.....~shivers~). It's a wise decision. I really doubt that your parents will worry themselves at night about how you masterbate.
Spencer's will sell you a toy if even if you're a minor. If you're uncomfortable with that, try an electric toothbrush, the washer machine or (ew) your phone.

Devoted Pirate

Arietta
No I'm not a troll.. Just too lazy to ponder around a title.

Anyways LD, serious question here from a somewhat confused/curious young gal. (Question at bottom if ya feel like skippin this). Being my age (16) I have sexual desire. I do not want to fulfill it with a partner because of the 1028373718 risks not to mention the risk of pregnancy :p But it is still there and obviously just 'won't go away'. Anyways because of this I've thought about trying masturbation.. But with toys. D's, vibrators...

But is 16 too young to own a pleasure toy? Like, will fulfilling this urge just create a larger one? Am I too young to even be thinking about sex? :/

Ps sorry if this is in the wrong area... Isn't really a life issue but I'm seeking serious answers/advice. Merci smile

16 is most likely to young to get you into a legit sex shop. So... as others have said, Spencer's will have low quality vibs and dildos and stuff. I was never carded at mine. Just be aware the stuff Spencer's will have is TRASH, really low quality and most likely poisonous. I highly suggest throwing a condom on anything you use for penetration from them.

When you turn 18, I highly suggest medical grade silicone toys. These can be found in descent sex shops. Be PICKY! Demand higher quality stuff. When you are of age, I suggest Smitten Kitten and babeland for toys. Good companies.

Basic toy care. Clean after use. I use hot water, since the toys are only used on me, and me alone.

16 is not too young to want to masturbate. Fetuses masturbate in the womb. It is a perfectly normal and natural act. I don't think sex toys are a "gateway" to sex.

Timid Seeker

6,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Buy a toy from amazon, they ship discreetly and don't ask too many questions. Get a waterproof one and use it in the shower so the noise doesn't draw the attention of your parents. Buy one that looks like something else so you have an excuse. Like this, it looks like a back vibe.

Anyways, it won't make you want a man, it'll just make you want the toy. It's healthy and releases a lot of good chemicals, don't worry too much about it. You're old enough to own your own pleasuring tool, if you're worried just use a showerhead, or position yourself under the tap in your bath.
I started masturbating when I was 14, so I don't see anything wrong.
You could probably just go to a store and buy a toy. (Sorry, I never bought a toy...I'm fine with my hand.)
If you're ashamed to go in public and buy one, you aren't ready.
But there's always the safer option of buying one online. Just make sure YOU get it. rofl

Dreamer

Brazekool
angel_259236102
I think that you are way too young to own a toy. Mostly because of the obvious parental issues. I highly doubt you want to deal with THAT being found out. Also I think that there is a reason they are in 18+ stores.
The OP didn't even mention hiding these things from her parents.

Even if she did, as a parent of a 16yr old girl, you'd have to be pretty dense to be surprised by this, seriously.
ehhh I'd probably hide it :s tbh it is kind of embarassing. Then again I'm sure my mother would be happier to see a vibrator than a used condom hanging around

Dreamer

Blackrose_Knight
Arietta
No I'm not a troll.. Just too lazy to ponder around a title.

Anyways LD, serious question here from a somewhat confused/curious young gal. (Question at bottom if ya feel like skippin this). Being my age (16) I have sexual desire. I do not want to fulfill it with a partner because of the 1028373718 risks not to mention the risk of pregnancy :p But it is still there and obviously just 'won't go away'. Anyways because of this I've thought about trying masturbation.. But with toys. D's, vibrators...

But is 16 too young to own a pleasure toy? Like, will fulfilling this urge just create a larger one? Am I too young to even be thinking about sex? :/

Ps sorry if this is in the wrong area... Isn't really a life issue but I'm seeking serious answers/advice. Merci smile

16 is most likely to young to get you into a legit sex shop. So... as others have said, Spencer's will have low quality vibs and dildos and stuff. I was never carded at mine. Just be aware the stuff Spencer's will have is TRASH, really low quality and most likely poisonous. I highly suggest throwing a condom on anything you use for penetration from them.

When you turn 18, I highly suggest medical grade silicone toys. These can be found in descent sex shops. Be PICKY! Demand higher quality stuff. When you are of age, I suggest Smitten Kitten and babeland for toys. Good companies.

Basic toy care. Clean after use. I use hot water, since the toys are only used on me, and me alone.

16 is not too young to want to masturbate. Fetuses masturbate in the womb. It is a perfectly normal and natural act. I don't think sex toys are a "gateway" to sex.
thanks for telling me that smile i never really thought that the (especially neon) ones could be poisonous... Plus the rubber will be safe incase I don't clean it thoroughly/properly

Dreamer

PhD Joey
I started masturbating when I was 14, so I don't see anything wrong.
You could probably just go to a store and buy a toy. (Sorry, I never bought a toy...I'm fine with my hand.)
If you're ashamed to go in public and buy one, you aren't ready.
But there's always the safer option of buying one online. Just make sure YOU get it. rofl

LOOOOOL oh my gosh I just laughed really hard at that

& the ashamed thing was perfect advice!! Thank you smile this is a more mature topic therefore I must be mature enough to purchase my own things. Thank you!!

Inquisitive Bookworm

17,175 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
Arietta
Brazekool
angel_259236102
I think that you are way too young to own a toy. Mostly because of the obvious parental issues. I highly doubt you want to deal with THAT being found out. Also I think that there is a reason they are in 18+ stores.
The OP didn't even mention hiding these things from her parents.

Even if she did, as a parent of a 16yr old girl, you'd have to be pretty dense to be surprised by this, seriously.
ehhh I'd probably hide it :s tbh it is kind of embarassing. Then again I'm sure my mother would be happier to see a vibrator than a used condom hanging around
What's to be embarrassed over? Isn't embarrassment for when you do back work? It'd be like you telling me you'd be embarrassed for your parents to see you eating.

Dapper Gawker

Pfft. I wouldn't get toys if I lived under my parents' roof unless they're very open-minded, but that's not common. I'd be afraid of them finding it because you know how mothers are invading and cleaning your room. Well, at least mine. Use your hands or find something you can "play" with safely.
You don't even need a pleasure toy. Fingers are the best. Secondly you can't buy sex toys because of your age...

If you approached your mother I'm sure shed be thrilled knowing you are not interested in sex and a toy is what your after instead. wink
You don't even need a pleasure toy. Fingers are the best. Secondly you can't buy sex toys because of your age...

If you approached your mother I'm sure shed be thrilled knowing you are not interested in sex and a toy is what your after instead. wink

6,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Get an electric toothbrush it is what I used all threw high school and a couple years after. If you want to use something inside you use a clean thing that is about the size and shape of a c**k I used a leg to a very small table when I was also in high school. and no your not to young to be thinking about it I was thinking about sex at about 13 and I lost my virginity at about 15. It is very normal to be thinking about sex at your age and if you really want to then you can do it safely like using a condom.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff