Wrestling 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 2 ]
Waterpolo/Swim 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 2 ]
Tennis 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 2 ]
Soccer 0.083333333333333 8.3% [ 1 ]
Golf 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Baseball/Softball 0.083333333333333 8.3% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 12 ]

Hopping Sophomore

I think this might be long.. so bear with me a little I guess.

I'm in high school right now, and Cross country season just ended.. I have improved a whole lot since the beginning of the season, considering how I am able to keep up with some of the varsity runners now.

Thing is, I joined so I can stay in shape for track season, but now I want to keep doing long distance (workouts, for endurance). But I don't wanna do long distance events in track. I want to do jumps, sprints, and hurdles! gonk
However, the Sprinters' workouts feel too easy for me, i just feel like it's not enough. and if it's not enough, once cross country season comes around again, I'll be behind everyone. I just don't want to decondition since I've worked hard to get this far

Coach said I have to choose one or the other, can't have both. I want to do long distance workouts (because it's harder) but I don't want to do its events. I don't want to do track and field workouts (sprinters, jumpers etc) because it's too easy (Well, right now it is), I can't improve if I do something that's within my comfort zone. But I want to do hurdles, and jumps, and relays etc D:

I mean I guess I know what I want, but what I want now will ruin what I want in the future, vice versa.
I just need a little push towards picking the right decision. I want both but I can't I want to do events of the other but then I want the workouts of the other one.

Sorry if this is boring, it's not a really interesting topic. I tend to overcomplicate things for myself lol
honestly just trust your gut, go the easy way or challenge yourself with the harder way.

Invisible Assailant

What's the schedule like for the sprint training? Would it allow you to do a long run or two per week on your own? If you can do it without overdoing yourself, it could be fun to do the sprint events for the team, and join a couple local races that are open to the public for 5 or 10k's. Most cities, even a lot of smaller ones, have a local runner's club with events throughout the year. You can basically show up, pay like $15, run, get officially timed results, and a free t-shirt and a banana, and hey, if you're already improving you could be in a good place to win some age group medals!

But, listen to your coach and listen to your body, if it feels like it's too much to do all at once or you're doing too much too fast, you put yourself at risk of injury, and, I tell you, that is no fun at all. It's frustrating as hell, actually. Just some more options to look at.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff