Welcome to Gaia! ::

I've been friends with this guy since for eight months now. There's a mutual attraction between us, but we can't be together until my divorce is final which at this point I'm not sure when that will be.He and I talk every 2-3 days and we see each other at least once a week. Which is healthy space.

On Thanksgiving Day I messaged him because he's living out of town right now for work. He called me a couple hours later asking how my day's been going and then we got to talking about Christmas. He told me what he wants then he asked what I wanted. The conversation ended with him asking my ring size and saying we'd go to a jeweler. After we hung up he sent me a text asking if I'm ready to be together (remember he's been adamant about waiting for this divorce to be final before taking the next step and officially dating). I told him of course and that was it. No response.

I called him Saturday night and asked why he never responded to me through message. He said we'd talk about this later and hung up. I called Sunday night and he picked up and hung up the phone. That's been no return phone call since and it's Tuesday.

He gets very jealous when I hang out with my friends and he's always maintained that he's interested in me romantically.

I am older than him by 6 years and neither of us has children. Does it sound like things are over? Should I not read too much into the ring size and asking me out thing? He's never asked me that before.
I think you should be focusing on your divorce before thinking about any other guy. You cant really be 'over' you havent had a relationship with him because you are still married. So get that done. I dont know why you arent sure when it will be, there isnt a reason to keep that waiting.

Besides that, I dont think the relationship will work out, because dating a girl who is married obviously is going to be something you are going to fear will be your issue someday too. You are unfaithful and he will always have that in mind.
legnanellaf5
I think you should be focusing on your divorce before thinking about any other guy. You cant really be 'over' you havent had a relationship with him because you are still married. So get that done. I dont know why you arent sure when it will be, there isnt a reason to keep that waiting.

Besides that, I dont think the relationship will work out, because dating a girl who is married obviously is going to be something you are going to fear will be your issue someday too. You are unfaithful and he will always have that in mind.

I filed the final papers in August and it will take up to 5 months for the judge to sign them and be officially divorced. There's nothing more I can do except wait. It took me so long to take in the last papers because I was emotionally distraught over the state of my life.

My ex-h and I split and have been living separately since September 2013.

This new prospective relationship is already experiencing trust issues. I don't ever want to get married and divorced again, but I am unfaithful because of what I'm doing now.

Indulgent Partner

PinkyPromise835
I've been friends with this guy since for eight months now. There's a mutual attraction between us, but we can't be together until my divorce is final which at this point I'm not sure when that will be.He and I talk every 2-3 days and we see each other at least once a week. Which is healthy space.

On Thanksgiving Day I messaged him because he's living out of town right now for work. He called me a couple hours later asking how my day's been going and then we got to talking about Christmas. He told me what he wants then he asked what I wanted. The conversation ended with him asking my ring size and saying we'd go to a jeweler. After we hung up he sent me a text asking if I'm ready to be together (remember he's been adamant about waiting for this divorce to be final before taking the next step and officially dating). I told him of course and that was it. No response.

I called him Saturday night and asked why he never responded to me through message. He said we'd talk about this later and hung up. I called Sunday night and he picked up and hung up the phone. That's been no return phone call since and it's Tuesday.

He gets very jealous when I hang out with my friends and he's always maintained that he's interested in me romantically.

I am older than him by 6 years and neither of us has children. Does it sound like things are over? Should I not read too much into the ring size and asking me out thing? He's never asked me that before.
He is asking for a ring size, then pulls an ignore the ******** out of you stunt. THEN gets super irrationally jelly over your friends. All of those are large red flags. He seems to be moving too fast, goes cold and can't use his words like a damn adult to explain things, and then is irrationally jealous

RRRRRRNT wahmbulance NOPE. Not worth it. Move on to another guy

Timid Star

11,075 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Timid 100
I wouldn't give a second more of my time to someone who purposely hangs up on me without even bothering to properly answer the phone and then ignores me out of the blue. It's not worth it. Just forget about him and worry about other parts of your life.
BlackRoseoftheForest
PinkyPromise835

He is asking for a ring size, then pulls an ignore the ******** out of you stunt. THEN gets super irrationally jelly over your friends. All of those are large red flags. He seems to be moving too fast, goes cold and can't use his words like a damn adult to explain things, and then is irrationally jealous

RRRRRRNT wahmbulance NOPE. Not worth it. Move on to another guy

He ended up calling me Thursday mid morning and we hung out Friday night. I asked him about the ring, and etc. he said he was trying to gauge my reaction. I've pulled completely back and haven't messaged him or anything. He can chase himself at this point.
Jazz the Fighter
I wouldn't give a second more of my time to someone who purposely hangs up on me without even bothering to properly answer the phone and then ignores me out of the blue. It's not worth it. Just forget about him and worry about other parts of your life.

I doubt he and I will ever be anything more than casual friends which is fine by me. Single life feels like it's going to be interesting second time around.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff